Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2016 Season

Banned

I was pleasantly surprised by Washington's win over Giants in what was a great game for the neutral.

It was already a bit of a season saver for the Redskins who have a brutal schedule this year. Ive already said that I think any sort of play off result will be an achievement given there are still holes in the roster and last season was a bit if an anamoly given how moderate the division was.

Scott McCloughan has already held his side of the bargain by steadily addressing needs in the defensive backs, offensive line, greater depth to the receiver corps and to a lesser extent at line backer.

However the D line remains an issue and RB may also be a position that needs an upgrade through the next draft. The Redskins should have money and picks free to address those and I think 2017 will be a big year for the Redskins as opposed to this year.

Thats not to downplay 2016: Its still key as Cousins still has a lot to prove along with Matt Jones, Garcon and Jackson will be playing for contracts, and it will be very interesting to see how the promising previous draftees go such as Smith, Murphy etc.

Yet as iterated, for once the Redskins are building long term and it looks to be 2017 and beyond ehen this wise policy will come to fruition.

It's going to be a long season for me.
    Thank goodness I can enjoy GB with my wife.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    It's going to be a long season for me.
    Thank goodness I can enjoy GB with my wife.
    I had red zone on last night and watched a bit of the seahawks v 49ers game. I really can't see what Chip Kelly see's in Gabbert? Kaepernick is a far better QB with both his arm and legs as a running threat. I think you'd be a far more dangerous team offensively if he started Kaepernick.

I just watched the three SKY games but saw the online highlights of Hawks v Niners. That catch by Doug Baldwin was something else

Minnesota have started well - that's a great win in Charlotte

My "out there" Philly pick isn't looking too bad at this stage either!

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I had red zone on last night and watched a bit of the seahawks v 49ers game. I really can't see what Chip Kelly see's in Gabbert? Kaepernick is a far better QB with both his arm and legs as a running threat. I think you'd be a far more dangerous team offensively if he started Kaepernick.
    I agree. But it might be because Kaepernick seems to spend a lot of his time on one knee at the moment which might be the issue

PS. NFL to hold 4 games in 2018 two will be at Spurs new ground. ( from my son who is a Spurs season ticket holder).

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Did you see Neil Reynolds on Sky talking about Kaepernick?Hammered him. Called him a 'bad quarterback' more than once and seemed to hint that he hadn't got on well with him when he met him What we wouldn't do to have stuck by Alex Smith..
    Getting rid of Smith was a big error for SF. As for CK putting his politics to one side. He is a player like some others in sport who believe they are superstars before they have proved anything. He has talent but I will be shocked if he manages to use it in a way that allows him to be a great QB. His ego (which has now got bigger due to his off field stance or should I say lack of stance) will IMO get in the way of him being a great player. Happy to be be proved wrong, but I would let him go and find a potential franchise QB to build a team around. It will take a while, but that's the only way to go.

I'd have been shot of him as soon as I'd decided he wasn't going to start. Gets paid too much to back up Blaine Gabbert! Out of interest, what's your problem with his protest. To my mind any country taking pride in its freedoms should respect his right to protest and stick the v up to the anthem. Different culture perhaps but I don't believe in God or the monarchy so where does that leave me in regards to patriotism?
    No problem with his protest, just having a joke at his expense. That said I do find very rich people in privileged positions taking up causes of the working man or down trodden amusing. I think the protest is more about him than those effected but that's another topic. As far as protests go, if they abide by the law, fine, protest about anything you want.
    At our hotel in London now ready for tomorrow's game.

Back home from Wembley. Funny game. Neither team looked that bothered. Colts really poor. Luck is either rubbish or has a poor set of linemen and wide receivers, can't work it out. The game ended up more exciting than it looked like being. Luck had a chance to get a first down by stepping forward one metre but decided to try a risky pass only for it to be dropped. On that decision alone I think Luck is not the player we thought he might be. Lots of US fans from both teams there. Atmosphere was very good with fans getting behind Jags making it more enjoyable.
    Couple weeks off before off to Twickenham for next game.

Noooobie

Im a Dolphins fan so our season hasnt started yet

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Yet it's as good as over at the same time

Seriously though welcome to the thread (often the best one on this forum)

Got A Season Ticket

Seattle 3-1 going into the bye week. Give Wilson some recuperation time, O-Line looked much better and got Ifedi to play. Graham getting back to his Saints form, just need Earl Thomas to return to his All-Pro level.

Check out his(Earl Thomas)comment on the field over the ref's microphone with regards the Jets final TD.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I'm a SF fan our season has started for three seasons

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Giants 2-2. I genuinely didnt expect that a couple of weeks ago. I thought we would start slowly and come on strong having a new head coach but very happy with tonights performance. Defence dug out a low scoring win. Roll on next week
    you were right after all!

The NFC East is going to be a real battle royale with all 4 teams having a legitimate claim for the #1 spot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post

The NFC East is going to be a real battle royale with all 4 teams having a legitimate claim for the #1 spot
    I didnt see last nights game just got back from holiday and needed some sleep but the Redskins defeat last week was poor and were playing as I expected. Not much consistency. We are capable of beating anyone but also capable of losing to anybody as well.
    Last edited by bazdev; 4th October 2016 at 23:18.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post

As a Redskins fan, I think the team will have its work cut out to claim even a number 2 spot.

The Redskins schedule is brutal, an easy fixture against the Browns offset against Baltimore, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona and Carolina. A horror schedule. I also think the Eagles and Cowboys have been far better than they were given credit so it will be tough thia year.

Fortunately Washington showed great patience in the draft both this year and last year so the many holes in the roster are steadily being filled, but finding a decent D line is a must as I expect some of the above named teams to have a field day given the current line.

The reality is a draft can only fix so much and Scott McCloughan is doing a great job of building through the draft and Danny Boy just needs to stick with him and continue the long term approach taken over the last couple of years.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Right, five weeks have gone already, and the usual quiet period on here whilst we use up all of our Redvee energies to discuss Saints will hopefully come to an end soon.

How do we think our teams are doing? Carolina are obviously the shock of the league, and some will say Oakland have shocked a few (tho I did tip them!), but IMO the NFL is shaping up nicely, especially in the NFC. Two big games on Sunday with Dallas at Green Bay and Atlanta at Seattle. Unfortunately they're on at the same time, so it'll be GB-Dal on Gamepass for me, but both games will show us alot. Are Dallas and Atlanta good enough to go to Green Bay and Seattle and do the business, or will the perennial NFC big dogs give them a taste of reality?

Got A Replica Shirt

Redskins 3 on the bounce now watch out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smeethsaint View Post
    Redskins 3 on the bounce now watch out!!

That'll definitely stop them in their tracks, why couldn't you wait until after Super Bowl and say "Redskins 17 on the bounce!!!"?

Got A Replica Shirt

Just glad to have won 3 on the trot lol

Banned

I'd still urge caution. This Redskins team has potential for sure, but they still need another draft with McLoughan's magic wand to fix the deficiencies and lack of depth on the roster. Also bear in mind that the schedule is now getting more brutal. A win at Baltimore was a big result, but there's fixtures against Green Bay, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona and Carolina to come.

Going 8-8 this year or even 7-9 would be no disaster with this in mind. The next draft can be used to address the horribly short D Line and to add depth at RB and MLB. One or two decent free agents and the Redskins should be back.

When McLoughan was hired by Danny Boy it was, at long last, an illustration of the shift away from a 'big bucks win now' mentality to a patient rebuilding of the roster. The last 2 drafts (and even the one before McLoughan, ironically) have been great ones for the Redskins. One more is needed to turn this team into a genuine play off team.

Got A Season Ticket

Bills have also won three on the bounce which I'm pleased about. I'd pretty much written off the season after they went 0-2 but they've fought back with some good wins (shutting out the Patriots even without Tom Brady is no small achievement). Patriots will no doubt win the division as ever, which means we probably need to end up 10-6 to make the playoffs which is certainly do-able and would class that as a successful season. 49ers and Dolphins up next so probably need to win both of those to stay on track with a tough stretch of fixtures in the middle of the season before a reasonable schedule in the back end.

If Seattle can protect Wilson then I think we have a real shot this year. It's a relatively new OL but it looks more effective this year as we've given up less sacks with a less mobile QB

The lack of a decent RB has turned us into a passing team at present and it shows with Jimmy Graham's production so far

Dallas look quite impressive, Minnesota look very gritty but the highlight so far has been Atlanta - dynamite offense along with terrible defense makes for great TV

As a long-time 49ers fan it pains me to say that I think both they and the Dolphins are gimmes for most teams. Buffalo could well be in the mix by the mid-point of the season.
    We will find out later if our QB position is the issue with SF or is it deeper than that as we change from BG to CK. I think not having N Bowman in our team is a big miss. But I'm prepared (although I have no choice) to give Chip a season of crap to try and sort out a mess brought on by the owners a few years ago.

Got A Replica Shirt

Redskins at it again

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

This has been an extremely frustrating evening. What is wrong with Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers on an average day would be beating a very good Dallas team here. He's missed open receivers, made weirs decisions and thrown a mad interception. Dallas are a good team and really high on momentum, but they've caught us on an awful day here. Even if we beat the hopeless Bears on Thursday to go 4-2 (assuming we lose this) we look well short of the standard in the NFC. Worrying.