Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: NFL 2016 Season

Hey let's not turn this into a standard RL topic of arguing. . My point was even with a non banged up line etc I still don't see GB getting much without AR. GB has for a few years now relied on AR putting up more points than the opposition as GB have never really had the best defence. It makes for exciting footy, but now without the player able to make things happen unless they change their tact completely they won't do much with the stand in QB. If they manage to pull something off this season I will doff my cap to the coach.
    Oh I have not bailed out as my commitment is going to GB twice this season and at least one away game! I think that's committed. And my last post was a bit tongue in cheek trying to get this thread going a bit more.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand

When you are down with only a few minutes to go,then Rogers is your man to throw a hail mary pass,i just can't see GB doing anything without him. Yes it's a team game,but the big money player is always the qb and Rogers is right up there with the best.

For me he is the best, he'll never win as many rings as Brady but he's twice the QB "Tom Terrific" is

Still teams around that GB can beat even without him though. Once they've simplified the plays for the backup and got a more run based plan going they can still reach the play offs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Oh I have not bailed out as my commitment is going to GB twice this season and at least one away game! I think that's committed.
    That just means you're going on holiday alot. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    That just means you're going on holiday alot. Good luck to you.
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I think freezing my butt off in GB is more than a holiday? Have you been there? It ain't a place for a holiday..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    For me he is the best, he'll never win as many rings as Brady but he's twice the QB "Tom Terrific" is

Still teams around that GB can beat even without him though. Once they've simplified the plays for the backup and got a more run based plan going they can still reach the play offs
    I think that Rodgers is the most talented QB to have ever played the position in terms of some of the throws he makes that no other QB could make. That doesn't make him twice the player Brady is though. A bit of a ridiculous statement. Tom Brady is not only the greatest QB to have ever played the game, in my opinion he's the greatest player to ever play the game. He might not throw the ball as well as Rodgers but almost always finds the right receiver at the right time. I've never seen any QB play with as much poise and awareness in the clutch when the game is on the line! The guy is 40 years old and still leads the NFL in almost every QB stat this season even when his team hasn't played particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I think that Rodgers is the most talented QB to have ever played the position in terms of some of the throws he makes that no other QB could make. That doesn't make him twice the player Brady is though. A bit of a ridiculous statement. Tom Brady is not only the greatest QB to have ever played the game, in my opinion he's the greatest player to ever play the game. He might not throw the ball as well as Rodgers but almost always finds the right receiver at the right time. I've never seen any QB play with as much poise and awareness in the clutch when the game is on the line! The guy is 40 years old and still leads the NFL in almost every QB stat this season even when his team hasn't played particularly well.
    Not sure about that. Tom has been to 7 SBs and has been the worst performing QB on the field in 5 of them. He's never had a decent rating in a SB and has relied on the team to get the job done. It's the system in NE that gets them so much success, Belichick is the genius there - when he goes they had better hope some of his knowledge and systems remain in place

In terms of how good Brady is as an individual I'd put him in a bracket with the likes of Manning, Brees and possibly Romo with Rodgers above them all in terms of pure ability. Brady can't make the throws Rodgers makes, he can't keep the plays alive and scramble as well, he can't run as well, he can't take an average roster deep into the play-offs. Sure he's good (Brady) and will go down as the all time greatest because of what he's won but I don't see the most talented QB ever to play the game there

And Dan Marino was better in the "clutch" (although the clutch doesn't exactly exist in reality according to sports academics - guys known as "clutch" performers don't actually increase their performance in the high stakes moments, what they do is silence the doubt and pressure and maintain their performance, which gets the job done)

Noooobie

It’s been tougher being a vikings fan! Unbelievable ending to the end of the game!