Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Send free Coca-Cola balls to Mexico RL

Got A Season Ticket

Default Send free Coca-Cola balls to Mexico RL

Saw this on another forum. I have been annoyed by the constant RU promotion on Coca-Cola bottles so this is a great way to turn it against them and help RL.

Send codes to mexicotour@outlook.com

Got A Season Ticket

Bought a bottle today and sent off the code. Hope thousands do the same. What's the RL community waiting for?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 141 View Post
    Saw this on another forum. I have been annoyed by the constant RU promotion on Coca-Cola bottles so this is a great way to turn it against them...
    Or you could just stop buying Coca-Cola?

Starting A Programme Collection

The nerve of Coca cola promoting a sport there sponsoring. Hope this doesn't catch on with other firms sponsoring events.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Or you could just stop buying Coca-Cola?
    Or you could use the free promotion to help develop the sport of RL at literally no extra cost or hassle to yourself?

Got A Season Ticket

Come on people! Of course the hype gets up our noses but we'll not stop it nor will it go away if we ignore it. Turn it to our advantage. Buy coca-cola (I detest the stuff) and support someone who's ACTUALLY trying to help the game on the back of union complacency. Juan emailed me back to thank me for sending the code. If we all supported the venture....

I'll do it, could do with some of that rancid drink to clean my car engine with anyway.

Or you could use the free promotion to help develop the sport of RL at literally no extra cost or hassle to yourself?
    Hmmm...It just seems a bit odd to me. A bit like the kid who needs milk bottle tops for an electric wheel-chair (it's a hoax).
    At least we now all know that there is a team in Mexico, but I have my doubts about this ball thing.

Got A Season Ticket

Hmmm...It just seems a bit odd to me. A bit like the kid who needs milk bottle tops for an electric wheel-chair (it's a hoax).
    At least we now all know that there is a team in Mexico, but I have my doubts about this ball thing.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mexic...80762761991307
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y1M9sfL5yA
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...-mexico#/story

Only on this forum would someone think that an initiative to try and help RL in a different country was some sort of scam or 'hoax'. Especially when all you have to lose is a code to claim a free RU ball that you almost certainly wouldn't redeem anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mexic...80762761991307
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y1M9sfL5yA
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...-mexico#/story

Only on this forum would someone think that an initiative to try and help RL in a different country was some sort of scam or 'hoax'. Especially when all you have to lose is a code to claim a free RU ball that you almost certainly wouldn't redeem anyway.
    Fair enough...But why didn't you just post these links in the first place instead of focusing on your annoyance with Coca Cola and your suggestion to 'turn it against them'? Hence my reply to stop buying the stuff.

...And please get off your high horse! There are plenty of hoaxes as convincing as this. Nowt to do with attitude of folks on here. I for one, do plenty to help grass roots RL.
    Last edited by KentishBarry; 8th September 2015 at 20:09.

Got A Season Ticket

Fair enough...But why didn't you just post these links in the first place instead of focusing on your annoyance with Coca Cola and your suggestion to 'turn it against them'? Hence my reply to stop buying the stuff.

...And please get off your high horse! There are plenty of hoaxes as convincing as this. Nowt to do with attitude of folks on here. I for one, do plenty to help grass roots RL.
    I didn't post them because I only just found them after searching Google for Mexico rugby league. And because I didn't think that someone would seriously find issue with such an innocuous initiative designed to help the sport.

I didn't post them because I only just found them after searching Google for Mexico rugby league. And because I didn't think that someone would seriously find issue with such an innocuous initiative designed to help the sport.
    Ok. Lets put this issue to bed as this particular one does seem to link into a genuine request for help from Juan Jasso and his Mexico project.
    I don't drink coke, but if I come across any, I'll send him the codes.

Got A Season Ticket

Ok. Lets put this issue to bed as this particular one does seem to link into a genuine request for help from Juan Jasso and his Mexico project.
    I don't drink coke, but if I come across any, I'll send him the codes.