Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Choice Fullback - QUINLAN TALK

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I'll never understand how that was voted in, a huge step backwards imo. A portion of the Sky payment should go directly to funding an A-team for all SL clubs.
    I remember reading somewhere (probably on here) that bringing back the reserves was part of the new deal with SKY. Though it wasn't happening in the first year. If true, can't come fast enough for me. Anyone know anything??

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    I'm disappointed that it looks like Percival may have to move to FB. He's an out and out centre, but needs must. It's a similar situation to our half backs last year when our first 5 choice half backs were injured before/during the Grand Final.

Percival is safe under a high ball, so seems the best option, hopefully McDonnell's injury isn't as bad as we fear and he'll be back sooner than we think. Whoever goes there may make mistakes and if this causes other movements (EG: LMS to centre), they may make mistakes. I hope our fans are patient and understand that these are desparate measures, than no-one, including the players themselves, really want to do.
    You are asking for miracles now
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (probably on here) that bringing back the reserves was part of the new deal with SKY. Though it wasn't happening in the first year. If true, can't come fast enough for me. Anyone know anything??
    I don't think that's right to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    Thanks. I remember reading it but we get so much speculation you never know what's happening.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The money to reform the reserves will come out of the New Sky contract, its not part of any deal with Sky to my knowledge.
    Starts next season.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    The money to reform the reserves will come out of the New Sky contract, its not part of any deal with Sky to my knowledge.
    Starts next season.
    I remember reading the same thing. I hope I remember correctly as I think the number of injuries across the game this season has highlighted the need for reserve teams.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Starts next season.
    Thanks probably the best news we have had for a while.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    Good because it would be laughable if it was true...

Learning All The Songs

Will we keep u19s and bring about this new reserves team? I don't really want to see u16s progress straight to open age rugby.

Starting A Programme Collection

Has anyone heard any news on how McDonnell is? I know the official fears were a torn achilles but I don't recall hearing anything official from the club?

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Has anyone heard any news on how McDonnell is? I know the official fears were a torn achilles but I don't recall hearing anything official from the club?
    He posted on Instagram this morning, unfortunately it's a snapped achilles and he's in for surgery tomorrow. Long lay off

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwell Saint View Post
    He posted on Instagram this morning, unfortunately it's a snapped achilles and he's in for surgery tomorrow. Long lay off
    Yeah just seen this now. Gutted, we're in a pretty grim situation at full back now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

yes pretty poor 3 full backs with career threatening injuries and the next next choice out for 3 months . How about Roby at full back and Charnock at 9 .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Saint View Post
    yes pretty poor 3 full backs with career threatening injuries and the next next choice out for 3 months . How about Roby at full back and Charnock at 9 .
    Can't tell whether this is a serious suggestion or sarcasm.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Has to be Percy for me. Even if Swift is fit, I dont think he could manage with the peppering he would get.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    Can't tell whether this is a serious suggestion or sarcasm.
    to be honest it was a serious suggestion he has the qualities needed and we need the full back to organise the defence which robes is qualified to do . My only problem would be is the seeming jinx of the saints full back position .

Learning All The Songs

to be honest it was a serious suggestion he has the qualities needed and we need the full back to organise the defence which robes is qualified to do . My only problem would be is the seeming jinx of the saints full back position .
    Why would you consider moving our best player to a role he's never played before? Roby is one of a few who should never move position, you don't move him from where he's most effective. To be fair, I don't know who i'd go with, probably say Percival.

Learning All The Songs

Charnock to FB. As much as I like the idea of Percival at 1, it makes no sense to move him and weaken the backs even more than we have to.

There must be something in the water up there on the East coast !!

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

We have to look at bringing someone in on loan if possible... More messing around with the team setup will cause more disruption... If we can find anyone to bring in I'd sooner do that than faff around moving people around everywhere... Who that could be is anyone's guess... Surely Kevin Locke is a target now... Maybe Fages? Christ who knows but only for bad luck we'd have no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Charnock to FB. As much as I like the idea of Percival at 1, it makes no sense to move him and weaken the backs even more than we have to.
    I would try Charnock at FB too. Not sure if we can read anything from it but Charnock played loose forward for Rochdale today. I thought he may have played FB if we were planning on playing him there? Maybe it was a bit short notice to mess Rochdale about or maybe its not in the thoughts of the coaching staff!

Got A Season Ticket

I would try Charnock at FB too. Not sure if we can read anything from it but Charnock played loose forward for Rochdale today. I thought he may have played FB if we were planning on playing him there? Maybe it was a bit short notice to mess Rochdale about or maybe its not in the thoughts of the coaching staff!
    I thought Charnock was going to be the cover for 7/9? Has he ever played FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptb View Post
    I thought Charnock was going to be the cover for 7/9? Has he ever played FB?
    Yeah he had a spell at FB for the 19's a few years ago. Obviously it's not a lot of experience but to my knowledge Lomax hadn't played a lot of FB either when he was given a go there in the first team and he adapted well. I tend to agree that Percy would be the best option but Personally the less disruption the better.

Got A Season Ticket

Yeah he had a spell at FB for the 19's a few years ago. Obviously it's not a lot of experience but to my knowledge Lomax hadn't played a lot of FB either when he was given a go there in the first team and he adapted well. I tend to agree that Percy would be the best option but Personally the less disruption the better.
    Thanks, I'm really not sure what we can do?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

we take a gamble on a youngster or shift one of percy/turner to fullback with jones then in the centres. not an easy decision for cunningham to make, and with a cup game this week he's got no time to experiment. glad its him making the call and not me.

i wonder where catalans found salary cap space for krisnan inu. i would have loved to see him in a saints shirt. hes quality, with experience and can play anywhere i 1-5
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies