Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Geoff Duke RIP

Default Geoff Duke RIP

Geoff Duke OBE passed away in the early hours of today, Geoff was a superstar in his day winning four World Titles at a time when motor cycle GP was at its most competitive in my opinion, Geoff lived in the Isle of Man but never forgot his roots and was a proud St Helens lad, the fact that our town bred the likes of Geoff and Alex Murphy who were household names in their day speaks volumes.

R.I.P. Lots of vintage bikers will mourn his passing. I remember his bike shop in Greenfield Road if I remember correctly. I think he got to the grand age of 92.

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    R.I.P. Lots of vintage bikers will mourn his passing. I remember his bike shop in Greenfield Road if I remember correctly. I think he got to the grand age of 92.
    Your right Jon he was 92, I shouldn't think there are too many of his fellow competitors around today, I met him in 2001 when he and Murphy were given the freedom of the borough, he came across as a very humble guy who couldn't believe the fuss people were making of him.

Noooobie

Used to practice on the east lancs road on a sunday morning,those were the days.RIP Geoff

Starting A Programme Collection

RIP Geoff I last met him in the Isle of Man a few years back,a true gent he should have been the first rider to break the 100 mph lap at the TT,but I think it was corrected down to 99.95 how unlucky was that.I think his son runs Duke Video on the Isle of Man.

Great obituary in today's Telegraph. Much more about his life and achievements including the fact that he was responsible for the first roll on-roll off ferry from the Isle of Man to the mainland in 1978.