Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: York Chairman Join their fans protest

Learning All The Songs

Default York Chairman Join their fans protest

When York visit us in the cup next month I think us Saints fans should fully support the York fans in their dispute with their chairman. The comments he made in a recent interview are absolutely disgusting and I really feel for the true fans.

We dont know how lucky we are to have such a great chairman as Eamon McManus

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...-comments.html

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    When York visit us in the cup next month I think us Saints fans should fully support the York fans in their dispute with their chairman. The comments he made in a recent interview are absolutely disgusting and I really feel for the true fans.

We dont know how lucky we are to have such a great chairman as Eamon McManus

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...-comments.html
    I think his comments are quite funny. Granted, they are unproffesional but they are funny none the less.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    I think his comments are quite funny. Granted, they are unproffesional but they are funny none the less.
    I think not johnny, a bit of the Karl Oyston if you ask me. Owners of clubs have a responsibility to all fans.

Sack the board chants again???? I agree let's give it some

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    I think not johnny, a bit of the Karl Oyston if you ask me. Owners of clubs have a responsibility to all fans.
    You are of couse entitled to your opinion. For me, Oyeston calling a fan a retard and for him to enjoy his special needs day out is significantly worse than this example.

In The West Stand

ah... I didnt see his last few comments

they were pretty bad to be fair

Learning All The Songs

Any chairman should conduct themselves with dignity and use appropriate comments at the appropriate times, they are ambassadors for their club and not children?

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

My question would be,"Is he an appropriate person to hold such a position?"......Surely the RFL should be investigating this man,as all he is doing is bringing bad publicity to our great game.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    My question would be,"Is he an appropriate person to hold such a position?"......Surely the RFL should be investigating this man,as all he is doing is bringing bad publicity to our great game.
    Unless I am mistaken mate, that is exactly what the York fans are trying to do; get the RFL to intervene and help them to get rid of the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Unless I am mistaken mate, that is exactly what the York fans are trying to do; get the RFL to intervene and help them to get rid of the idiot.
    Fair point,but what has he got to do before they take action?!
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

Learning All The Songs

If me attending this game means he profits, like the York fans I won't be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    Fair point,but what has he got to do before they take action?!
    God only knows!

He's already over-stepped the mark on many occasions and the RFL don't seem too bothered. If it was a SL club the guy would have been ousted long before now. So why should it be any different just because York are in a lower division?

I don't understand it any more than you do mate.

Banned

Sadly it seems he basically owns the club. It seems to revolve around a bar at the old stadium and how he gets compensated from losing that income stream. The ground is council owned. I don't know what the governing body can do without the club going bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Sadly it seems he basically owns the club. It seems to revolve around a bar at the old stadium and how he gets compensated from losing that income stream. The ground is council owned. I don't know what the governing body can do without the club going bump.
    Get rid of him...give the club 6 months grace(the RFL pay the necessary),as a time period to find other backers.
    The sport doesn't need him,but sadly he knows at the moment that there is no other alternative for the club.

"winning the go-forward"