LMS
    Thompson
    Charnock

Subs:

Masoe
    Richards
    Savelio
    Percival

Flanagan and Ashworth to miss out. With Wilkin not playing, and Walsh still be eased back into his kicking duties, we need another general field kicker to go with Burns. Charnock would fit in nicely. He played at loose forward for Rochdale last week and so I think we may see him play there on Friday for us. He doesn't do 80 minutes and so when Percy comes on, take Charnock off and move Jones to loose forward.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    How does he get SuperLeague experience if he is not picked to play ?
    Exactly , alleged to be held in high esteem by coaches , gets in squad as 18 th man but no game time , understand the coach dilemma , of experience / untried , jones leaving at end of season in my eyes be worth ashworth playing in these games widnes , wakefield ect , thought played well in friendly against widnes made a big break , and hull thought did well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fat prop View Post
    Exactly , alleged to be held in high esteem by coaches , gets in squad as 18 th man but no game time , understand the coach dilemma , of experience / untried , jones leaving at end of season in my eyes be worth ashworth playing in these games widnes , wakefield ect , thought played well in friendly against widnes made a big break , and hull thought did well

I'm all for giving kids a chance, but Fleming and Ashworth on the same flank is crazy.

Jones doesn't deserve a shirt either

Got A Replica Shirt

Fleming n ashworth did play centre wing partnership at widnes game early this year and in u 19s some games so i wouldnt think be that bad prob strong as both young and want to prove something

Quote Originally Posted by fat prop View Post
    Fleming n ashworth did play centre wing partnership at widnes game early this year and in u 19s some games so i wouldnt think be that bad prob strong as both young and want to prove something

bit of a difference between 19s and the superleague though..

when did they play in the centre/wing? in a friendly?

Got A Season Ticket

Wilkin been added to the 19. Flanagan drops out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    Wilkin been added to the 19. Flanagan drops out.
    Odd isn't it that one.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Odd isn't it that one.
    It is considering Wilkin was carrying a knock. KC isn't the type to rush them back and there would be no need now we've got an out and out 6/7 combination playing.

I think he has been given a kick up the proverbial and was initially dropped.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think he has been given a kick up the proverbial and was initially dropped.
    Then realised he isnt a HB and he's been playing out of position so chose to drop Flash instead??

Default 19 man Squad v Widnes

I just think it's weird what's happened that's all. Not being initially included in a squad can be enough to convey a message.

Being a half back doesn't excuse the amount of missed tackles last week.

Got A Season Ticket

I just think it's weird what's happened that's all. Not being initially included in a squad can be enough to convey a message.

As long as he's not back in due to concerns about either Walsh or burns!!!!!!

Got A Season Ticket

I know. Tongue in cheek comments from myself.

Surely KC can do that in private though

I know what you're saying, and I'm not suggesting for a minute he played well, but he missed as many as walmsley and turner.

I thought you needed medical evidence to be added/removed. Certainly offers more than Flanagan

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

In the paper it says Wilkin got a "knock" in the Leeds game I bet his "knock" was nowhere near as painful as our cats ar5e after the Leeds game it can dive through the cat flap now especially when it hears the RL theme on sky.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Wilkin definitely hurt his shoulder in the first half and dropped off a couple of tackles straight after. Must have had some treatment for the second half. Maybe KC wanted to give him as much time as poss to be fit for Friday. I would much rather see Wilkin in the squad, in spite of what people think, than Flanagan.

Got A Season Ticket chesterxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    In the paper it says Wilkin got a "knock" in the Leeds game I bet his "knock" was nowhere near as painful as our cats ar5e after the Leeds game it can dive through the cat flap now especially when it hears the RL theme on sky.
    Try renaming your cat Wilkin. You'll get twice the amount of satisfaction. 😁
    Am I a glass half full type of person? Yes ! But every now and then, some bugger knocks my drink over!

"If you are an alien, then how comes you sound like you're from the North?"
    "Lots of planets have a North !"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

What is it with people so committed to defending Wilkin ?

On this thread alone, we've got the usual him playing half, a supposed injury and him apparently only being as bad as Walmsley and Turner !

Honestly, it's irrational.

Wilkin was unquestionably, undeniably diabolical in the opening half hour against Leeds. It wasn't just the missed tackles; it was the misreads, his contact in the tackle, his kicking game, his lack of direction - absolutely everything. He was bloody atrocious and I doubt he'd have any complaints had he been dropped this week himself.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Wilkin definitely hurt his shoulder in the first half and dropped off a couple of tackles straight after. Must have had some treatment for the second half. Maybe KC wanted to give him as much time as poss to be fit for Friday. I would much rather see Wilkin in the squad, in spite of what people think, than Flanagan.
    Definitely an improvement on Flanagan but these days we have a lot of interchanges so there has to be a bit of smartness/responsibility not to weaken the team by being, 'too brave.'

James Roby is unbelievable when he gets an injury because although he is clearly weakened and hurt, he doesn't let it affect his defence - but he is virtually superhuman!.

If playing on with an injury leads to easy points for the opposition, that is a poor choice. If you're correct about the injury and the fact it directly led to missed tackles (I'm thinking here of the Sutcliffe one) Jon Wilkin in needs to make sure he doesn't try to, 'out Roby' James Roby again.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post

On this thread alone, we've got the usual him playing half, a supposed injury and him apparently only being as bad as Walmsley and Turner !

Wilkin was unquestionably, undeniably diabolical in the opening half hour against Leeds. It wasn't just the missed tackles; it was the misreads, his contact in the tackle, his kicking game, his lack of direction - absolutely everything. He was bloody atrocious and I doubt he'd have any complaints had he been dropped this week himself.
    He was garbage no doubt, but he was no worse than Jones, Flash, Thompson, Richards, Turner, Burns and Amor.. I know there's a few kids there, and I'm not criticising particularly

We can't drop em all

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Stop being so picky....he didn't give away as many penalties as usual
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Got A Season Ticket

I have no real axe to grind with Jon Wilkin in but I totally agree that he was just poor as you say. I didn't notice the injury myself but if that was the case and it led to points then learn from it.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    He was garbage no doubt, but he was no worse than Jones, Flash, Thompson, Richards, Turner, Burns and Amor.. I know there's a few kids there, and I'm not criticising particularly

We can't drop em all
    Jones didn't look interested enough. Flash is just Flash - I fail to see what anyone would expect different from him. Turner is a good player and an attacking threat as well as being able to make some vital tackles. Burns is a better stand off than Wilkin. Richards is still learning and doing OK. Amor played hard.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

We can't drop em all
    He was worse than every single one of them.

The game was lost in the opening half hour and Wilkin directly contributed to nearly every aspect of it. There's no denying there were a lot of poor performances but Wilkin was astronomically bad in the first 30 minutes. Even shocking me and people know my general thoughts on him.

Having said that, I wouldn't drop him. I think his biggest issue is his ego. Him taking last tackle kicking away from Burns for example is ridiculous, especially when he's intent on putting high balls up from halfway that Hardaker takes without a man within cooey of him. This is why I worry about him playing as a third ball handler - I fully think he thinks he's good enough to take key plays off Walsh and Burns, when anyone with a brain can see he isn't. Despite this, if he's happy to play a second row game off the left, he'll be totally fine, possibly even getting back to his best role from his younger days.