Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Paul Sculthorpe MBE

In The West Stand

Default Paul Sculthorpe MBE

Some or all of you may be aware, that the Great man has recently returned from his trip to Morocco, where he participated in the notorious Des Sables run through the Sahara desert. This comprised of running 152 miles in 6 days, including a day off, whilst carrying the clothes, food, sleeping gear he needed for the duration of his efforts. This guy was immense for us and his country as a player, but some of the things he has put himself through since retiring have far exceeded what he achieved as a player. I thought I would post this, just in case some of you weren't aware of some of the efforts he has put in to raise funds for his big mate Steve Prescott and the SPF.

Well said Lex. Add to that the fact he is a personable, approachable chap and deserves all the plaudits and more. What a fine example to youngsters in particular. Steve Prescott would have been so proud of him as we all are.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Some or all of you may be aware, that the Great man has recently returned from his trip to Morocco, where he participated in the notorious Des Sables run through the Sahara desert. This comprised of running 152 miles in 6 days, including a day off, whilst carrying the clothes, food, sleeping gear he needed for the duration of his efforts. This guy was immense for us and his country as a player, but some of the things he has put himself through since retiring have far exceeded what he achieved as a player. I thought I would post this, just in case some of you weren't aware of some of the efforts he has put in to raise funds for his big mate Steve Prescott and the SPF.
    Good luck to him whatever he does. But, I can't help but think that him not having some involvement in the playing side is our loss. I would love to see him involved in developing our youth.
    For me one of the all time greats.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post

Top Man.i had some good chats with him when I used to do discos for the club after the grand finals.really nice guy.as for running 152 miles jess Christ I'd struggle driving that.well done scully

Was at a charity function at Langtree on Wednesday (Honey Rose) which was fronted by Paul. Also there was Lee Briers, Martin Murray (boxer) and Greg Richards. Got to speak to him about his exploits, was in flip-flops without many toenails which he lost whilst doing his latest exploits. Really nice guy to talk to. Also he had some really honest views about RL etc..
    A good night for a good cause.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Replica Shirt

Great player
    Great ambassador for the club

Legend, no other words

And yet many people accused Eamonn of nepotism and criticised him severely for keeping Scully as an employee.

He still looks like he could play. Great player and seems a great bloke as well.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    He still looks like he could play. Great player and seems a great bloke as well.
    well stated on his fitness levels, even since 'retiring'.....maybe he could help there????

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    well stated on his fitness levels, even since 'retiring'.....maybe he could help there????
    He'd make more yards than Big Mose

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by GOOFSWOOP View Post
    Great player
    Great ambassador for the club

Legend, no other words
    Without peer!

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Also proved in the charity boxing bouts he was the only one who could take on and win against radford, a true hard gladiator who I, m glad wore the red vee.

Starting A Programme Collection

It's an epic effort for a man of his physique. He's a big man Scully in every way.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Good luck to him whatever he does. But, I can't help but think that him not having some involvement in the playing side is our loss. I would love to see him involved in developing our youth.
    For me one of the all time greats.
    This ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Seconded