Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mosoe

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    we had no half backs late last season and he scored two tries from a standing start with at least 3 defenders hanging onto him. he can do it if he puts his mind to it. i think hes just lazy. he's probably saving himself for the NRL next year
    Correct.

Additionally, other props are also playing well with the same halbacks. The halfback excuse for any of the props playing poorly is just bo11ox when we have some of the top performing props in the league who are being fed the same quality ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Correct. Additionally, other props are also playing well with the same halbacks. The halfback excuse for any of the props playing poorly is just bo11ox when we have some of the top performing props in the league who are being fed the same quality ball.
    spot on
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Correct.

Additionally, other props are also playing well with the same halbacks. The halfback excuse for any of the props playing poorly is just bo11ox when we have some of the top performing props in the league who are being fed the same quality ball.
    Agree with that.

It's pretty straight forward with Masoe I reckon; when he can't be arsed, he really can't be arsed and makes no effort to hide it. When he can, it's very obvious he can.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by headtackle View Post
    Masoe has been a frustrating disappointed. Like us all I watched the youtube smiling assassin clips and couldn't wait. Last season he had the excuse of the injury and missing pre season but this season is in danger of just fading away. The frustrating thing is that you see occasional glimpses that give you hope then games like Leeds

Re impact players generally who would you say past or present would be the sort of impact player that you would love now. A few random names ............

Roy Haggerty
    Freddy Tuilagi
    Vila Matautia
    George Mann

Got A Season Ticket

Now there was a player who punched well above his weight/size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Is it me or does the modern forward tend to take the ball from a shallower position?
    In the old days props would steam on to the ball.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    Is it me or does the modern forward tend to take the ball from a shallower position?
    In the old days props would steam on to the ball.
    They tend to take if flat but defensive line speed is much quicker now I would say as soon as the ball is in hand the defence is in their face. Run from deep and you would be struggling to make any ground at all. It is a different game now.

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    They tend to take if flat but defensive line speed is much quicker now I would say as soon as the ball is in hand the defence is in their face. Run from deep and you would be struggling to make any ground at all. It is a different game now.
    Not sure I totally agree with this Paul, unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick. It depends who the ball carrier is for me. The likes of Masoe coming from deep and catching a flat ball wouldn't matter if the defenders were close to him, the sheer momentum of someone that size hitting the collision would often result in the ball carrier at worst falling forwards, possibly getting on the other side of the defenders still on his feet (and promoting the ball) or at best breaking through.

Someone like Amor has all the courage and will but doesn't have the sheer bulk to gain momentum at contact, so yes he may not benefit in coming from deeper, but Masoe's size is a different ball game altogether.
    Have a quick look at 'The Last Days Of Knowsley Road' here http://saintsbook.wordpress.com/

Starting A Programme Collection

This is correct , as I have posted before , when Saints said they were interested in him I started to watch Penrith Panthers , he was just the same there usually made two 15 mins. spells but for such a big guy made very little impact . If/when him & Hohaia go back Saints must improve on these two .