Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: missed tackles and dropped balls

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    For me, and this is just my opinion, he needs to be more flexible. He states how the club intended to reintroduce Luke Walsh, 25 minutes at Hudds, 40 minutes against Leeds, start against Widnes. Well no one will convince me that Walsh wouldn't have been able to start last night, or certainly come on when we were 12-18 points down, not wait until the game is already lost.
    didn't disagree at HT with that, nor will now...also think we should be giving more of a chance to Dre as he put more effort in 5 minutes at any time in the game than the likes of Mose did the whole time he had on the pitch! Richards gets slagged off here and other social media for less and he is a young, still learning, prop

Got A Season Ticket

I can't understand why we didn't start with Walsh, if the coach was worried he would tire, could take him of for a rest, when he came on it was too late, we were playing catch up rugby. If he was fit enough to be a sub he was fit enough to start. Sometimes coaches need a Plan B were is ours?

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Our attack stuttered in the first half in particular. Our plays looked predictable and Leeds defence handled us with ease. We don't have the pace in the outside backs to intercept the ball and run 90m to score, and that's a worry.

The most obvious step backwards is our line speed, which was practically nonexistent in the first 40, but improved slightly after the half time bollocking.

We look like a shadow of the team we were 4 games ago.

I posted after the HKR defeat, this is a real coaching test for our inexperienced management team and the next half dozen games will be crucial to shaping our performances going forward.

Got A Season Ticket

Have some faith folks....we are saints, we do the unthinkable and we always end the season happy.

Maybe the three quarters are struggling at the mo but they will come good again and all this negativity will turn back to praise......#COYS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Our attack stuttered in the first half in particular. Our plays looked predictable and Leeds defence handled us with ease. We don't have the pace in the outside backs to intercept the ball and run 90m to score, and that's a worry.

The most obvious step backwards is our line speed, which was practically nonexistent in the first 40, but improved slightly after the half time bollocking.

We look like a shadow of the team we were 4 games ago.
    Turner ran more than 90 metres to score against us when he played for Hull so what's happened to his pace? Or was it that we had even slower outside backs then?

I posted after the HKR defeat, this is a real coaching test for our inexperienced management team and the next half dozen games will be crucial to shaping our performances going forward.
    Turner scored a try against us that was more than 90 meters when he played for Hull so what's happened to his pace? Or was it that we had even slower outside backs then?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by F4RSH View Post
    I think this is all a little knee jerk in the middle do the game. We gave them 18 points from interceptions! The first one obviously, the one just on half time and the one at the end that made it 41! It sound like a hammering but knock 18 points off and it is a close 23 / 18 defeat! It is clear saints lack size, pace and class outwide but I felt the effort was there we looked quite good when Walsh came on in the second half! Leeds are the best team I have seen at Langtree Park this season with the exception of Souths and I am pretty sure we will play Leeds again in a much bigger game later on in the season when hopefully Walsh and Burns have gelled!

We should now use the next two games to rebuild some confidence and get some combinations going before we go to Catalan.
    Couldn't agree more, mate. First non-hysterical quote I've read on this thread. Leeds were superb and we simply couldn't contain them, although our errors compounded the situation. Some of our guys were out on their feet near the end and that wasn't due to poor conditioning - we were simply run ragged by a much better team on the night.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Wilkin, Jones and Flanagan absolutely hopeless
    Yep all 3 were an absolute disgrace in the 1st half.
    Wilkin improved in the 2nd when Walsh came on and he went into the back row. Jones looked like he couldn't be arsed all night and his passing to his winger was shocking centre play, never gave him one decent ball all night (well except the perfect pass to the Leeds winger). Doesn't deserve to pull on the Saints shirt ever again and Ashworth surely has to take his place until Percival returns.
    Flanagan was another one who had a shocker. He lost almost every tackle collision and was left on the floor, leaving us 1 short at marker time & again. You can forgive his lack of anything in attack when his defence is good but at the moment he's awful at this as well - another one not worthy of a shirt. I'd rather see a youngser given a chance who will at least give it their all.