Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: missed tackles and dropped balls

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I'm not going to knock KC mate, at the start of the season with a full squad we looked almost unbeatable.

If he wants to be considered a great coach however he will need more than a plan A. It's clear tonight needed a change after 15 minutes yet we carried on with our plan. When we did come back they were too far away as a result.

yep fair enough.i wasn't aiming at you by the way just seeing what people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    Hey, we can look at all the excuses in the world....but the better team by far has won the match.
    Oh god,by miles a better team. With their fair share of injuries as well no excuses Saints were just totally s**t.

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

......and what the f*ck is wrong with Amor?? Not half the player he was at the start of last year....and appears smaller?????

Learning All The Songs

I'm so glad i twisted my ankle today and couldn't go .that was more painful than my ankle though.

Got A Season Ticket

Far too many passengers for Saints & in games against quality in any team sport you can't carry anyone!

Very disappointing.

For me judgement is still out on KC as a coach. When the chips are down it is when coaches earn their crust.

Only positives - Walsh minutes & Savelio did well.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    Hey, we can look at all the excuses in the world....but the better team by far has won the match.
    I'm not making excuses mate, I have not even watched the game. Just pointing out what I saw in the live match updates. Apparently 3 questionable tries, that's a lot for a single game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    I'm not making excuses mate, I have not even watched the game. Just pointing out what I saw in the live match updates. Apparently 3 questionable tries, that's a lot for a single game
    The last one perhaps but I thought Thaler did a decent job tonight. We gifted them the tries rather than dodgy decisions

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

That results been coming for a while. We have been in a ditch for a while now, Cunningham needs to prove his worth now and motivate and provide tactics to a team in a real slump.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Highlighting our lack of pace.
    Yep.

And comfort with the ball.

Leeds offload and they have shape and fluency.

Our offloads are like pulling the handle on a fruit machine.
    If it does go to hand we are flat footed.

Leeds Backs and forwards alike all comfortable with ball in hand.

Passing accuracy is shambolic.

Credit to Walmsley and Makinson they were let down by most.

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Perhaps we should be grateful for small mercies.....If Ben Flower was a Leeds player, they would have scored an extra 30 points against us.

Learning All The Songs

All round lack of pace, never really looked like being able to strike from deep like Leeds and like Wigan did last night. Posted the other day about starting Walsh instead of gambling on the game still being in the balance when they bring him on. why not start him and get us off to a good start and bring him off later on if he is unfit. We looked miles better when he came on but no excuses Leeds were the better side and dominated every area tonight.
    Oh and how Mark Flanaghan gets a game every week is beyond me he is absolutely utter rubbish. Brings absolutely nothing to the team. Abysmal

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Very bad day at the office. First half in particular was embarrassing, can't expect to get anywhere near a side like Leeds with such a poor completion rate, I bet it was about 60%.

The saints bench were having kittens with the unforced errors. I thought Jamal was going to run on and suplex Flanaghan after he dropped the ball cold.

I'd definately say we lack pace in the backs. Turner and Jones haven't got the speed or illusiveness to be effective attacking weapons. Burns lack of pace to take him through a gap was also painfully obvious. As for Swifty, he just seems to have been stationary in his development over the last 12 months.

The one shining light, other than Makinson who I thought was capable at 1, was the performance of Fleming on the wing. Other than the error from the kick off, he didn't do himself any harm.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Very bad day at the office. First half in particular was embarrassing, can't expect to get anywhere near a side like Leeds with such a poor completion rate, I bet it was about 60%.

The saints bench were having kittens with the unforced errors. I thought Jamal was going to run on and suplex Flanaghan after he dropped the ball cold.

I'd definately say we lack pace in the backs. Turner and Jones haven't got the speed or illusiveness to be effective attacking weapons. Burns lack of pace to take him through a gap was also painfully obvious. As for Swifty, he just seems to have been stationary in his development over the last 12 months.

The one shining light, other than Makinson who I thought was capable at 1, was the performance of Fleming on the wing. Other than the error from the kick off, he didn't do himself any harm.
    Agree that Jones is nothing but Turner scored 2 and is our leading try scorer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket RobyGerrard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post

Agree about Fleming. The lad caught everything & made some good runs. One of the best of a bad lot. If picking MOM would go for Walsh, Roby & Fleming

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Thought swift did okay myself, returned the ball with pace, the balls he did drop were around his laces

Starting A Programme Collection rally's Avatar

Did anyone see Mose tonight?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by rally View Post
    Me! He imitated a lamp post during the first half and a great ball from Robes I think it was bobbled past him. All but the East Stand gave out a massive groan. I think the East Stand just laughed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rally View Post
    Nearly scored
    Did a fantastic drive

Bugger all else, very lazy, particularly his first spell

Walmsley and Roby did everything they could with support from LMS. I think that was Mose's worst game for us by far. Swift tried hard and made metres because the forwards weren't there. Other than that, not much to say. Leeds were far superior.

Got A Season Ticket

Default missed tackles and dropped balls

I think this is all a little knee jerk in the middle do the game. We gave them 18 points from interceptions! The first one obviously, the one just on half time and the one at the end that made it 41! It sound like a hammering but knock 18 points off and it is a close 23 / 18 defeat! It is clear saints lack size, pace and class outwide but I felt the effort was there we looked quite good when Walsh came on in the second half! Leeds are the best team I have seen at Langtree Park this season with the exception of Souths and I am pretty sure we will play Leeds again in a much bigger game later on in the season when hopefully Walsh and Burns have gelled!

We should now use the next two games to rebuild some confidence and get some combinations going before we go to Catalan.

Got A Replica Shirt

KC would appear to be at a complete loss about what to do. Brown's influence is certainly rubbing off.Said at the beginning of the season that you do not pick coaches because of loyalty and not all coaches are good because they were good players. Need a complete clear out of the ' old boys club' as there is a worrying ' clique' in the club. Some of his current game plans are mystifying . Nearly most of the supporters seem to be aware of the team's failings but the coach does not. Other teams have injuries but it is now becoming boring as an excuse. Only good thing about tonight was the fact that Leeds played rugby and not one man up the middle.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Me! He imitated a lamp post during the first half and a great ball from Robes I think it was bobbled past him. All but the East Stand gave out a massive groan. I think the East Stand just laughed.
    He was attrocious tonight but for that ball from Roby he had someone stood in the way and couldn't actually see him or the ball. Line structure was all over the place tonight. Mose's attempted 'tackle' for Leeds' last try was worthy of the firing squad. Can get over mistakes but for plain laziness he can sit in the stands next week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by F4RSH View Post
    I think this is all a little knee jerk in the middle do the game. We gave them 18 points from interceptions! The first one obviously, the one just on half time and the one at the end that made it 41! It sound like a hammering but knock 18 points off and it is a close 23 / 18 defeat! It is clear saints lack size, pace and class outwide but I felt the effort was there we looked quite good when Walsh came on in the second half! Leeds are the best team I have seen at Langtree Park this season with the exception of Souths and I am pretty sure we will play Leeds again in a much bigger game later on in the season when hopefully Walsh and Burns have gelled!

We should now use the next two games to rebuild some confidence and get some combinations going before we go to Catalan.
    It could be knee jerk if it wasn't a regular theme. 18 points conceded tonight but how many more against other teams when we have had possesion of the ball?? We are making the same simple errors over and over and over again and we arenot learning from it. Decision making and composure has to improve because its getting silly gifting teams easy points.

Starting A Programme Collection

On a side note the amount of minutes does in big games like this is awesome. A legend of a player.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by sonny nick View Post
    On a side note the amount of minutes does in big games like this is awesome. A legend of a player.
    That's Peacock by the way. Not Mose in case there is any confusion.