Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex commits to Saints

Banned

Let's hope Johnny comes back to fitness.

In The South Stand

Great news about Alex. He's been our best prop so far this season by some distance.

Starting A Programme Collection

Fabulous news Alex, lets hope our fans show our appreciation at Fridays game as i'm sure we will.

Learning All The Songs

Big lift for the team with the leeds game coming up .

Got A Season Ticket

Good news in my opinion.

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Wow, best news I have heard today!! AWESOME!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Excellent news! The form prop in the competition and a shoe in for international honours.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Best bit of news all season! Great news for him and the club!

Got A Season Ticket

great news this

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Alex has consistently been the stand out performer this season and I'm really happy that he's committed himself to us for the near future. But.. where's the money come from? Alex signed a contract extension a little over a year ago which will have been accounted for this year and I know we were under the cap, so has that surplus been spent on his improved terms?

Not trying to be negative, if we had spare money then it's been well spent on Walmsley, but does this now mean we can't go shopping for a full back?
    Just because he's signed it now doesn't mean it counts on this years cap. It depends on the terms of the contract. There may be no increase at all under this years cap. E.g. It could (but probably not) just be an extension (3 more years at the same rate) if that were the case then there's no increase on this years cap and Saints will know for the next 3 years exactly what Walmseley is going to cost on the cap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Excellent news! The form prop in the competition and a shoe in for international honours.
    Assuming he does get picked for the NZ series and puts in performances similar to what he's been doing this season, then those NRL clubs sniffing around would be even more keen. So especially well done to Saints for getting the new deal wrapped up well before the international recognition

Learning All The Songs

If he had lots of offers from the nrl then it shows the nrl isn't the be all and everything for some players . congrats on your new deal.well done saints.

Got A Season Ticket

I think the greatest compliments to him is that there is not one negative comment on this thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but just reading through this thread epitomises what a wonderful asset he is to the club.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    I think the greatest compliments to him is that there is not one negative comment on this thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but just reading through this thread epitomises what a wonderful asset he is to the club.
    i agree.
    even if their is areas of his game to improve it simply wouldn't be fair pointing them out considering his contributions of late. the lad has run his blood to water every game and been tenacious in defence. he's all heart
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

A player I didn't rate when he first signed. He looked clumsy and feared what would happen when he got the ball.

He's really come into his own and as many have stated easily the best prop in the league. Fantastic player and he's only going to get better. Absolutely made up he's staying with the club. He also had some very nice words about saints fans on his twitter:

Alex Walmsley
    ‏@engywalmsley Thanks for all the messages regarding my new contract, I love playing for this great club in front of you great fans!! #COYS
    https://twitter.com/engywalmsley/sta...75836404789248

If he keeps up this form all season, dare I say...Man of steel candidate?
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    I never imagined anyone would be negative about this. Probably the top prop in SL right now and the fact that he has turned doown the NRL to stay here, just makes it even better. As you point out, it is good to read a thread where everyone is positive and is not a slanging match.

In The West Stand

How can he possibly have been that good. We have no halves and everyone knows that props can't do well with no halves.

Well done Alex on performing the impossible. Long may it continue.

Learning All The Songs

A great success story all round.

Great to see the club getting success signing players from the Championship rather than Australia and NZ

Hopefully the lad we signed from Dewsbury will make a similar impact and there are a few more undiscovered gems out there