Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: RFL Disciplinary has given Mose...

Starting A Programme Collection wrexhamsaint's Avatar

Default RFL Disciplinary has given Mose...

...no charge x 2.
    Burning with optimism's flames.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wrexhamsaint View Post
    ...no charge x 2.
    Many times this season he's been cited! He'll be charged sooner or later. Hope he has a stormer on Friday.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    Many times this season he's been cited! He'll be charged sooner or later. Hope he has a stormer on Friday.
    Not necessarily. He might get there slightly late but for someone over 18 stone in weight there is no way he can stop on a six-pence. He doesn't then follow through to the head (like Green in the Hull KR game) he just applies his full weight into the tackle. When I think back to last year when Gareth O Brien got hit late by Taylor (i think) when he was at Wigan and didn't get any further punishment for almost decapitating him & hitting him so late he could have got a picnic out while he was waiting I just think that Mose will be OK for now. I, for one, wouldn't want him to change his style just yet as it must put so much fear into the opposition.

Learning All The Songs

I'm probably in the minority here but I do think half backs have a duty of care to themselves as well. If you're going to delay a pass to put an element of doubt in the defensive line, sometimes you'll get snotted. Where the difference between late and too late is though is probably quite difficult and is likely to lead to some inconsistency in punishment.

Mose for me has been treading a little close to the line this season, needs to be careful.

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I do think half backs have a duty of care to themselves as well. If you're going to delay a pass to put an element of doubt in the defensive line, sometimes you'll get snotted. Where the difference between late and too late is though is probably quite difficult and is likely to lead to some inconsistency in punishment.

Mose for me has been treading a little close to the line this season, needs to be careful.
    His tackles are committed ones and are not to the head. It's not his fault he's a giant that throws people to the ground like a ragdoll
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

All true, players like Mose will be a thing of the past if the new substitution reduction is approved. He'll become an unaffordable luxury as will many others.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Not necessarily. He might get there slightly late but for someone over 18 stone in weight there is no way he can stop on a six-pence. He doesn't then follow through to the head (like Green in the Hull KR game) he just applies his full weight into the tackle. When I think back to last year when Gareth O Brien got hit late by Taylor (i think) when he was at Wigan and didn't get any further punishment for almost decapitating him & hitting him so late he could have got a picnic out while he was waiting I just think that Mose will be OK for now. I, for one, wouldn't want him to change his style just yet as it must put so much fear into the opposition.
    For twenty five of the eighty minutes.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    All true, players like Mose will be a thing of the past if the new substitution reduction is approved. He'll become an unaffordable luxury as will many others.
    What! You mean like the Police, Rugby League teams will throw the tape measure away so a Rob Burrow could play prop?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

I have to say I've noticed him putting these hits on halfbacks, he should put the same effort into hitting forwards.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    I have to say I've noticed him putting these hits on halfbacks, he should put the same effort into hitting forwards.
    This.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I don't want him to change his style. Just wish he'd hit some other forwards like he flies into the smaller players.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Didn't even think it was a sin binning.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Didn't even think it was a sin binning.
    Neither did Child when Burns got snotted.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    What! You mean like the Police, Rugby League teams will throw the tape measure away so a Rob Burrow could play prop?
    No I mean like a 20 minute rugby player like Mose is at the moment.

I like him, he's big, a nuisance and effective but with a reduction from 10 to 8 substitutions & the talk of potentially 6 in years to come with simple mathematics it shows that with injuries in RL games and the speed in which the game is played, a 20 minute player will all but be an unaffordable luxury