Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Wane

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I see Hohaia has been in one of the Wigan papers wishing Ben Flower luck on his return. Perhaps a lesson in class to be taken by our crust munching chums over the lump.

Haven't got a link but also mentions Flower and Hohaia haven't spoken, surprised a personal apology wasn't forthcoming at least. Actually perhaps I'm not that surprised...
    http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/st-h...back-1-7210809

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting reading the comments under the article. Wigan fans never fail to surprise me. They really are one of a kind, horrible specimens.

Learning All The Songs

Flower sent him an apology by text. Hohia didn't reply.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Flower sent him an apology by text. Hohia didn't reply.
    I wounldn't have replied either, if all he could be bothered to do was text, and not even pick up the phone to call.

Learning All The Songs

"Sory 4 hiting u"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    "Sory 4 hiting u"
    SOZ I got caught.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    SOZ I got caught.
    'cort'

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    Interesting reading the comments under the article. Wigan fans never fail to surprise me. They really are one of a kind, horrible specimens.
    Blinkered and living in Cloud Pie land! You couldn't make it up! Friend of mine who is a Wigan fan said Saints deserved to win purely on the basis of what he called 'thuggery'. He was disgusted by it and thinks Wane is an idiot! The difference being that he is intelligent!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Someone really needs to take this fat headed knuckle dragging gibbon to task in a big, big way. For the so called, self proclaimed "biggest team on Earth" (TM) their coach doesn't half talk some drivel, and he doesn't half talk about his team's biggest rivals a hell of a lot. The defence that their similarly braindead fans come up with "he's a Wigan lad natural to hate Saints etc etc."

Rubbish. Cunningham would bleed white with a red vee if you cut him open but the notion of him talking about Wigan every other press conference because "he's a St Helens lad" is stomach churning and absolutely ridiculous.

The language he uses in that interview with the BBC is not uncommon. All he ever bangs on about is "aggression" so the quotes probably aren't that surprising. But when you consider the fact you're dealing with a man that has a brain the size of a sultana, the fact that the rugby world is watching the return of the violent vermin is evidently totally lost on him. He's basically fanning the flames.

He got exposed for what he is in that documentary last year. Sky were creaming their undies over that Warriors Down Under - I bet Wigan wish they could wipe everyone's mind and throw every copy of the DVD they raced to get out at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. He is fit to lead the most classless gang of goons in the sport. A cesspit of a rugby club from top to bottom and Wane is a fine figurehead for that fact.

I do find the obsession amusing but as you might tell my hatred for him burns through. An absolutely hideous human being.
    Spot on my friend!

Noooobie

On boots & all he says if Flower had stayed on they would have won by 30. Everyone knows that!
    What a nugit.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    Priceless some of them. One of them suggests Lance should've apologised for trying to break Flower's jaw, like Flower was the victim in all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Priceless some of them. One of them suggests Lance should've apologised for trying to break Flower's jaw, like Flower was the victim in all of this.
    i saw that. deluded doesn't even come close
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srednap View Post
    On boots & all he says if Flower had stayed on they would have won by 30. Everyone knows that!
    What a nugit.
    Too much Vick's Sinex
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Banned

Some strategic shaving... et voila!

Last edited by Webbo Again; 15th April 2015 at 21:31.

Got A Season Ticket

I really can't understand why the Wigan press office, if they have one, think it's ok for him to keep spouting this rubbish. It's like he's not got an off switch and doesn't know quite when to stop blathering. It was obviously going to get attention when Flower came back and instead of trying to get something positive out of it, he goes and lights the flames all over again. He really is a buffoon!

How much must these comments rile everyone at Saints? If I were him I would keep my trap shut because these comments will surely motivate us even more and may well come back to bite him. It reminds me of when Murphy was our coach and I used to dread his comments because you just knew it would act as motivation for the opposition- usually Wigan!

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Just a thought, but after reading what everyone thinks of Wane do you think that KC gets his forwards to one side and give them a lecture on playing the game the right way go in hard but not too hard you might hurt someone. OR do you think he may say right I want their pack knowing they've played Saints and will not look forward to playing us again. As much as you all hate Wane he is doing his JOB as a Rugby League Coach he is not the Artistic Director of the Bolshoi Ballet.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Just a thought, but after reading what everyone thinks of Wane do you think that KC gets his forwards to one side and give them a lecture on playing the game the right way go in hard but not too hard you might hurt someone. OR do you think he may say right I want their pack knowing they've played Saints and will not look forward to playing us again. As much as you all hate Wane he is doing his JOB as a Rugby League Coach he is not the Artistic Director of the Bolshoi Ballet.
    There's getting your players fired up, making sure they're aggressive in order to impose themselves on the opposition. Then there's telling your players to "go out a cause mayhem" or "make players look like they've been in a car crash".
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Someone really needs to take this fat headed knuckle dragging gibbon to task in a big, big way. For the so called, self proclaimed "biggest team on Earth" (TM) their coach doesn't half talk some drivel, and he doesn't half talk about his team's biggest rivals a hell of a lot. The defence that their similarly braindead fans come up with "he's a Wigan lad natural to hate Saints etc etc."

Rubbish. Cunningham would bleed white with a red vee if you cut him open but the notion of him talking about Wigan every other press conference because "he's a St Helens lad" is stomach churning and absolutely ridiculous.

The language he uses in that interview with the BBC is not uncommon. All he ever bangs on about is "aggression" so the quotes probably aren't that surprising. But when you consider the fact you're dealing with a man that has a brain the size of a sultana, the fact that the rugby world is watching the return of the violent vermin is evidently totally lost on him. He's basically fanning the flames.

He got exposed for what he is in that documentary last year. Sky were creaming their undies over that Warriors Down Under - I bet Wigan wish they could wipe everyone's mind and throw every copy of the DVD they raced to get out at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. He is fit to lead the most classless gang of goons in the sport. A cesspit of a rugby club from top to bottom and Wane is a fine figurehead for that fact.

I do find the obsession amusing but as you might tell my hatred for him burns through. An absolutely hideous human being.
    Without doubt the best post I, ve ever read on here , yes the ape has decided to come down from his hiding place up in the jungle canopy and he, s also bringing a 30 point game winning hit man with him , you just can, t make it up.remember his humility after the event well true colours are back , clown

Got A Season Ticket

The good coach will quietly motivate his team whilst the bad one will take glory in appearing in a Sky dvd and then not acknowledge his part in a totally unsavoury assault which has damaged his club in so many ways.

In all honesty Brown's comments after the DW game put him in a tailspin that he never really recovered from.

In The South Stand

There are many shades of motivation, aggression and ways to motivate different players. However I doubt Cunningham has ever said "Knock people out. I can’t give you any more of a free rein than that. Create f****** mayhem. Be reckless. Because that’s what’s going to get us a f****** win next week.”

I would be embarrassed to be a Saints fan if he did come out with something like that.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    There's getting your players fired up, making sure they're aggressive in order to impose themselves on the opposition. Then there's telling your players to "go out a cause mayhem" or "make players look like they've been in a car crash".
    Yes I know what he said and I am sure that someone from on high or even Red Hall must have had a word about what he said but, as someone has already pointed out as much as he is motivating his forwards he is also motivating his opponents too. Christ it isn't long ago people on here were touting him as the next England coach for his no nonsense motivation. I don't think Saints will need any motivation next time Flower plays against Saints I am sure he will think he has been in a car crash when the game is over and surely that is what the game of Rugby League is all about. When some toothless old crone on the terraces at some run down ground is shouting "break his neck" do you actually believe she wants to see someone get a broken neck?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Personally, I don't have an issue with what Wane said in the changing room. Anyone whom has played rugby will have been in changing rooms and heard things that would never be stated publicly - things that go well beyond the norms in society. I've played in teams where at HT specific opponents causing us massive problems were systematically targeted and hurt, thereby removing them from the field. There are always dark arts at work, always have and always will. It's the nature of the beast.

The trouble with Wane is that he publicises this dark side of the game, at a time when the game is on a full on sanitisation exercise. As such, it just doesn't sit well, especially with those that haven't played the sport and are unaware. Allowing that changing room scene to be publicised was the most embarrassing PR for both Wigan and the sport. Whomever decided that was fair enough to release I'd expect to have been severely spoken to, possibly even removed. It was insane as it opened eyes to Wane and more importantly, provided cast iron proof for all those accusations being thrown at Wigan for a long time.

This followed pretty quickly with Flower's antics, bringing all of this rhetoric to a crossroads, or so it seemed. Many felt Wane would pack it in, certainly publicly (although anyone with a brain knows it undoubtedly will still go on behind closed doors). He's now off again and I've got to be honest and say that I think it's more down to the lack of intelligence of Wane than any deliberate ploy. I genuinely don't think he understands the damage he's doing. If he does, then that makes it worse. He's ostracised himself and he's winding up his opponents. His line about winning by 30 points is just another example of Wigan's desperate want for attention. I've always said that they're like kids over there. They always have been. They're the most desperate sporting club I've ever come across in that everything has to be centred on them or it's diddums 24/7. Crossing the line is nothing new for that club either. Bankruptcy, signing lads so nobody else could, throwing insane amounts around they don't have, breaking salary caps deliberately to avoid relegation, cheating, bullying - you name it, they revel in it. Have a look at the list of longest suspensions handed out in RL and you'll see Wigan's name all over it. This is a club that doesn't give a damn about anyone but itself. The issue for Wane is that should results not go his way, and let's be honest, Wigan don't exactly frighten anyone this season, his bluster will make it easy for Lenaghan to pull the trigger. Wane's a good coach but he's making his position very vulnerable I believe largely through his own naivety.

From Wane's perspective, he needs to be careful; from Wigan's, well I'm not sure why anybody should ever be surprised.
    Last edited by SS; 16th April 2015 at 10:16.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

That's just about it SS.Well put and well argued.Can't disagree with any of that.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

If I was Wane (which I'm not, obviously, because I can read & write), then if Leneghan was making noises about giving me the heave-ho, then I'd be talking about being left short in the halfback department, but that it'll be different once SuperSam comes back next season, and that Shaun Wane is the most suitable coach to get the best out of him.

Much as I think he's a gobsh*te, I do so want Wane to remain in charge at the Piedome. He's a very mediocre and one-dimensional coach, who struck lucky in first understudying then following Maguire, so was able to simply piggyback on Maguire's coaching ideas. As Maguire's influence has dissipated (or 'waned', if I wasn't so averse to puns) and new players come in, we've seen the limitations of Wane's coaching abilities.