Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomkins?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    One or two trick pony, plus he'd need to learn how to play RL and get by on skills if he came here, nine of that niggly dirty stuff he's got away with for years.
    Not April Fools yet mate

Out for 6 months now anyway. Done his cruciate

Has been released from his contract at NZ Warriors and will return home in 2016.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Only one place he's going for me

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Only one place he's going for me
    Hemel Stags?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Starting A Programme Collection

Heard Warrington have made him a big offer

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'd have him at Saints in a heartbeat.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    I'd have him at Saints in a heartbeat.
    Wigan with his brothers.

Meh, make a move for Hampshire
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Got A Replica Shirt

Oh Jesus, just waiting for the SKY "Return if Sam" bukkake special. On a less gross note, I would love home at Saints but given his understandable dislike for us I would imagine that given a choice he would sign for an ISIS select 13 first! Not sure how Wigan will be able to afford him though, I know Burgess is off but wasn't he on about £4.50 a week? Won't free up much space, if I had to put money on it I would imagine that the Marquee rule will get voted down but will be miraculously overruled by the powers that be in conjunction with The Biggest Club in the World (tm) and it will become mandatory. If this doesn't happen then my guess would be that Sam will be helping the Wire not win Superleague for the next 3 years.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    If he named a nag after him that could seal the deal
    How's about "arse part"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Oh Jesus, just waiting for the SKY "Return if Sam" bukkake special. On a less gross note, I would love home at Saints but given his understandable dislike for us I would imagine that given a choice he would sign for an ISIS select 13 first! Not sure how Wigan will be able to afford him though, I know Burgess is off but wasn't he on about £4.50 a week? Won't free up much space, if I had to put money on it I would imagine that the Marquee rule will get voted down but will be miraculously overruled by the powers that be in conjunction with The Biggest Club in the World (tm) and it will become mandatory. If this doesn't happen then my guess would be that Sam will be helping the Wire not win Superleague for the next 3 years.
    Taking my Saints hat off,I think it's great that he is coming back to Super League,we need our best players here,also it sends a message to other players that the grass is not always greener on the otherside.Don't worry about SKY they have put all thier money into Football and are cutting back on all sports shows,they will be only showing the actual live event,wouldn't be suprised if Boots and Alll' goes next season 22 thousand viewers at 8pm on a Wednesday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Is he coming back a failure? I certainly don't think he lived up to expectations and was found out defensively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

We should certainly be making an offer for him. We need a full back, and he is one of the best in the country despite his failings in the NRL, and we should have salary cap space when Lance departs.

Even if we dont end up getting him, us being interested will help to drive his price up to Wigan.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Is he coming back a failure? I certainly don't think he lived up to expectations and was found out defensively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i don't think he was as good as they thought he was going to be, £700k is a lot of money,I wonder if when he comes back a club will have to pay a transfer fee, if they do my money would be on Warrington.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    i don't think he was as good as they thought he was going to be, £700k is a lot of money,I wonder if when he comes back a club will have to pay a transfer fee, if they do my money would be on Warrington.
    He's being released as far as I can gather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He's being released as far as I can gather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Two years into a three year contract,£350k a year transfer fee plus his wages,he is a failure (at least so far)on those figures alone.A very expensive failure.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    Meh, make a move for Hampshire
    What he said.... Go get Hampshire.. I like Lomax, but he could be the next Garry Wheeler, injury wise..

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    Wigan with his brothers.
    Heard he wanted to come home last year, but Wigan told him to hang on for another season because they had just signed Bowen for another year.

Learning All The Songs

Surely Tomkins is RU bound.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Out for 6 months now anyway. Done his cruciate
    In reality, won't any English club want to know more about the injury and prognosis before offering him silly money? But for the injury, my money would be on Salford to try to offer him the biggest salary but Dr Koukash will surely want to know more. As for Tompkins himself, he will want to return as the hero to Wigan. I think he's blown any chance of being a RU star.

Nailed on for Wigan, doesn't want to play for any other club and not interested in RU.

Seems his injury isn't as bad as what was first feared and what I was first told.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Bet they regret resigning Smith now. One of Hampshire, Williams or Smith is on the outer to accommodate 'Sam' coming back. I expect he'll move up to stand off in the next couple of years as well.

I am also dreading Sky's coverage once this is confirmed. It'll be full on Tomkins/Wigan worship. Clarke may very well explode live on TV.

I should hold my hands up here as well; I really felt he'd do brilliantly over there and if anything, he's disappointed. Coming back with his tail between his legs I'd say and been found out somewhat.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Nailed on for Wigan, doesn't want to play for any other club and not interested in RU.

Seems his injury isn't as bad as what was first feared and what I was first told.
    He's just been on sky news saying he's open to offers , obviously seeing what the Dr is offering.

NZW signed Tuivasa sheck , no wonder they're happy for "Sam" to go

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Bet they regret resigning Smith now. One of Hampshire, Williams or Smith is on the outer to accommodate 'Sam' coming back. I expect he'll move up to stand off in the next couple of years as well.

I am also dreading Sky's coverage once this is confirmed. It'll be full on Tomkins/Wigan worship. Clarke may very well explode live on TV.

I should hold my hands up here as well; I really felt he'd do brilliantly over there and if anything, he's disappointed. Coming back with his tail between his legs I'd say and been found out somewhat.
    They do Love Samuel Levi Tomkins thats a fact