Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Camera At Langtree Park

Starting A Programme Collection BigMatt's Avatar

Default Camera At Langtree Park

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone at the club would have an issue with me bringing a camera with me on Sunday - its a digital SLR, as I wouldn't mind getting some photos of the game etc. These would not be used for any commercial use, just for my own safekeeping!

I have just read the Ground Regulations on the website and there appears to be no mention in the Respect Policy or Ground Regs about bringing one in - or not!

There are no rules on the tickets so was wondering if anyone from the club has a view (Mike Appleton) or is anyone aware of where I can find on the website where is states I cannot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

The game and everything about it is copyrighted by the RFL or Saints, or someone. So the instant answer is no.

Every game has a recorded message played with some blurb about the use of long lens and professional cameras being prohibited. So the instant answer is no.

Is your camera long lens and professional? Do you plan on standing in a very prominent position in full view of everyone, shouting "SAY CHEEEEEESE!!!"?

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    The link yielded a blank page!

The camera has a zoom lens - "long lens" what definition do they have?
    Wouldn't say it was a Professional Camera - they are just way to expensive - this was less than £350!
    Wouldn't be standing anywhere - would take them from my seat - whilst seated!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    The link yielded a blank page!

Wouldn't say it was a Professional Camera - they are just way to expensive - this was less than £350!
    Wouldn't be standing anywhere - would take them from my seat - whilst seated!

The answer is still no.

The official answer on long lenses is no, not certain what defines a long lense though?

I've taken mine to LP a few times, the last one being the World Cup game. There was a thread about it at the time here.

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthr...graphy-tonight

I prefer not to take the camera to such a big game because I end up concentrating on the photo's instead of the game.

In The South Stand

Stadium rules state no zoom, and i think flash photography isnt allowed. a basic compact you'd get away with but it's hardly worth bothering.

A flash is absolutely pointless in those circumstances, anyway. Anyone with half a clue would have their flash switched off.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing this:
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...tographers.jpg

Learning All The Songs

Saints found that some fans were pushing the camera guidelines to the limit...

and getting a little too close to the action...

although some of the photos did cast doubt on the no hormones additive testing within the game...

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Not being funny, but if you had never asked, probably no one would have batted an eyelid.

Now you will have the spotters for the heavy squad looking out for you. They normally police the away fans, but with there being no away fans, they will only need to place 2 on Russell Crow and the rest will be keeping an eye out for the naughty boy with a Camera.

I've been to loads of games and took pictures. If you really were just using them for private usage, no one would have known.

Learning All The Songs

Stadium rules state 'No Zoom'. So is that why I haven't heard the excellent song 'Zoom' by 'The very Fat Fat Larrys Band'. That should be played at LP to remined the saints fans of our old Hallowed Turf

Got A Season Ticket

if the camera has a detachable lens that can be changed to put another lens on i wouldnt take it in as i think that is what they refering to as zoom lens i have taken my compact in before now that has a zoom lens but it isnt a detachable one so got away with it

I may chance it or may not - however 2 people on here have said the Stadium Rules state no zoom - I have had a look on the website and cannot locate this (maybe its in front of me and I have missed it completely!) - if someone can post a link to the Stadium Rules which states No Zoom or Professional cameras that would be great!

Not being funny but... How often do you attend games at LP?

We're saying that the rules SAY no pro cameras - LITERALLY - it's a recorded message that is played every game that says "NO LONG LENS OR PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS" so just because we cannot show you it written down, does not mean that it doesn't exist, we get bored to tears with listening to this recording at every game.

How you wish to interpret that, is entirely up to you. Like I said before, if you have a monster camera and look like a pap, then they will treat you as a pap. If you pull out an inconspicuous looking camera and take a photo or two, you won't even be seen.

And frankly, if you are remotely worried about your camera, then the simple and prudent answer is leave it at home.

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

Camera on your phone???

ONCE A SAINT, ALWAYS A SAINT

Sorry am I not meant to attend a game and ask questions if I don't go week in or week out!

I don't attend as often as I would like as living 100 miles away down the M6 make it near on impossible to finish work at 5.30pm on a Friday and get up the M6 in time for kick off, so sorry for my location not enabling me to attend LP that often - but as this is a Sunday I have the ability to travel up, so sorry for taking advantage of this kick off and attending a game.

Maybe my job means that I like clarity which is normally written down, not just a message relayed to the crowd when you are already there!

Learning All The Songs

Why not live for the moment and just sit back, watch and enjoy the action

Can always buy pics from League Express or similar

Sorry am I not meant to attend a game and ask questions if I don't go week in or week out!

I don't attend as often as I would like as living 100 miles away down the M6 make it near on impossible to finish work at 5.30pm on a Friday and get up the M6 in time for kick off, so sorry for my location not enabling me to attend LP that often - but as this is a Sunday I have the ability to travel up, so sorry for taking advantage of this kick off and attending a game.

Maybe my job means that I like clarity which is normally written down, not just a message relayed to the crowd when you are already there!
    I'm not trying to offend you and maybe subtlety isn't my strong point. Sorry.

The point I'm making is that thousands of us hear that message week in week out. You've asked a question and we can give an answer based upon us hearing that message. It's an ambiguous message, yes, but common sense comes into play, surely?

As for whether it is written down or not, frankly, call the club if you want total clarification.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thumbs down

The short answer is no, Saints seem to be the only club in the league to enforce the rule, I used to take photos, with the clubs permission, at Knowsley Road for the Supporters Club and was told in certain terms that I would be kicked out if I carried on, at the other grounds in the league never had a problem. The laughing point is that some of the newer phone cameras are better than normal point and shoot.

Went to Anfield 18 months ago and got a steward to take a picture of me and my friend, no problem at all, now you would have thought that football grounds would be more tetchy about cameras, not at all, fill your boots.

So I have no idea why Saints are not more flexible about cameras.

It does seem strange that Saints are reluctant to allow fans to take photographs, particularly in this age of multipurpose mobile phones. Having been at Wembley a few times with my SLR, including a "long" telephoto lens, I checked a few years ago to see if I could use it at KR and subsequently at LP. I recall reading in the programme that cameras with long lenses were not allowed; I note, however, that recent programmes no longer include this caveat.

As far as having heard a PA announcement about this, I am amazed that the message has got across to thousands given the previous inadequacies of the system.

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

80% or above will have a Mobile(including a Camera) so there will be plenty Camera's at the Match.

I have on occasions taken photos at LP using a modern compact with small zoom lens. Never had any problems, even when the odd time my bag has been checked and Steward saw camera.
    If you take the odd snap and don't over do it I doubt there will be an issue.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I have on occasions taken photos at LP using a modern compact with small zoom lens. Never had any problems, even when the odd time my bag has been checked and Steward saw camera.
    If you take the odd snap and don't over do it I doubt there will be an issue.
    Same for me even when I've taken my DSLR in to the ground - as long as you aren't spending the whole game taking pics and blocking peoples views of the action, then you shouldn't have an issue. And I'm guessing all the stewards will do if you get caught or someone complains, is tell you to stop!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!