Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Koucash Gets Help!

Default Koucash Gets Help!

the good Doctor has said he is getting some help from Aussie Land..

"A friend of mine [Sheens] will be visiting soon, to look around the club and give me his opinion," said Koukash.
    "I'm not the most experienced person in rugby league - I've only been in the sport for three years - and sometimes I need extra help.
    "That friend is Tim Sheens, who will visit me for three weeks and advise me on various bits and pieces and help put some systems and structures into the club."

Discuss..
    Not saying Sheens will manage, but does this not undermine Iestyn Harris's postion or make it untenable?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    the good Doctor has said he is getting some help from Aussie Land..

"A friend of mine [Sheens] will be visiting soon, to look around the club and give me his opinion," said Koukash.
    "I'm not the most experienced person in rugby league - I've only been in the sport for three years - and sometimes I need extra help.
    "That friend is Tim Sheens, who will visit me for three weeks and advise me on various bits and pieces and help put some systems and structures into the club."

Discuss..
    Not saying Sheens will manage, but does this not undermine Iestyn Harris's postion or make it untenable?
    It most certainly does,the good Doctor is saying 'i don't trust your judgement anymore'

Starting A Programme Collection

Can't see how Harris can complain in any shape or format after Thursday night.

The main problem at the club is the "Director of Rugby" position. This was/is taken up by Steve Simms who (in my opinon) made a long string of poor choices. Even though he has since left the club I cannot find any evidence he was replaced.

It is pretty hard to see a club running effectively without someone doing this roll. A young coach and a Chairman who admits himself that he doesn't know much about the game just isn't going to cut it.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    It most certainly does,the good Doctor is saying 'i don't trust your judgement anymore'
    I don't think so tbh, Harris is very much at the beginning of his career and Sheens has been around along time. At the end of the day Harris is head coach not manager or director and a club needs more than just a focus on the first team playing squad if it wants sustained success. If he has any sense about him Harris will take the opportunity to pick up as much as he can from Sheens

Yep Harris is an inexperienced coach, with a dressing room full of strong individuals, but that's it there individuals. Not a team. I do wonder if they are actually unmanageable.
    I think a high number of the players will need to be binned and some new younger players who want to play brought in before it will ever change.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

The good doctor seems to have a kneejerk approach when things don't run the way he expects. I know they were abysmal against us but we're only 2 games into the season and they held their own against Wire by all accounts.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Good on Marwan and Salford.

Obviously his tweet and reaction after the loss to us were very knee-jerk and short sighted, but he's going to use one of the best Rugby coaches and player managers in the world to help consult the club on their issues, which is a good thing for Salford and the comp.

For me Salford seem to have issues with controlled discipline, team togetherness and elements of low player confidence - Tim Sheens' consultancy will definitely help in these areas.

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Who from Mr Bean?.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Koukash is brain dead. Let's be honest.

The best thing he could do is shut his trap and leave Harris to coach. He gave him the job, stop undermining him and putting mountains of pressure of both him and the players and let the club grow in a gradual manner. It's the only way.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I don't think so tbh, Harris is very much at the beginning of his career and Sheens has been around along time. At the end of the day Harris is head coach not manager or director and a club needs more than just a focus on the first team playing squad if it wants sustained success. If he has any sense about him Harris will take the opportunity to pick up as much as he can from Sheens
    I agree. I have never met Harris but he does not come across as someone who is too big headed to take advice from someone with Sheens's experience.

I think this is probably a good move from the doctor, you would expect Sheens to have input to more than just the coaching. I would hope that they can get a better academy going, they can't keep buying older player forever and as long as they are struggling, not many star players coming into their prime are going to want to go there.

I know the Dr seems to come out with some statements that we think are naive, but I think that Salford are better off with than without him. He got slated on here for wanting a star player exempt from the Cap, but if he owned Saints and suggested it we would have been all for it. Having said that, I am much happier that we have the ownership and management structure we have.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Is Mr Sheen going to add some polish
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Is Mr Sheen going to add some polish
    I wouldn't have thought so - while Poles will work for less money than Brits, Aussies, New Zealanders and those from the South Sea Islands, they would only be marginally better than the current bunch of players at Salford.

Learning All The Songs

I am quite supportive of him, and if he manages to turn Salford around on and off the pitch (a huge challenge) the whole game would owe him some thanks. People are only going to benefit from Sheens coming in, including Harris. The man is not afraid to publicly say he needs some help and I admire him for that. Unfortunately for him I don't think he's got any of his key appointments right so far which had made life difficult. The appointment of Harris was an interesting one and I can only presume he wanted a piece of the successful Wigan culture. I feel this particular job is a little too early for Harris but I think he will be supported as continuity is what is needed at the minute.. I am not a massive Bryan Noble fan but he would have been better off sticking with his experience - not sure what he gained swapping him for Harris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Its all band aid stuff for me though, why bring his "friend" in after a tonking? He should of brought him in anyway, in years to come he may be good for the sport and Salford but I'm sorry, he hasn't been so far and wont be until he learns some humility and realises hua bank balance wont solve everything.
    He needs to travel down the m56 to Widnes and see what can be done with patience, determination a plan and not a lot of money

In The South Stand

Even his press release / interview for this reeks of ego - mania. I have a friend, can you guess who it is? It's Tim Sheens! I bet you didn't know I was friends with the Oz coach, but I am! I'm even more impressive than you thought i was!

Learning All The Songs

It is good management to recognise you have a problem then know where to get help. So what if he puts a little spin on the story for his own ego. Companies often bring in consultants to look at specific problems.