Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Could 2015 be the season that....

Default Could 2015 be the season that....

....Saints become the second best supported team in SL?

I think our opening attendance on a freezing cold evening of just over 12,000 against Catalan who didnt seem to bring anyone was quite promising

Wigan who have in recent years been up there with Leeds vying for the best average seem to see their crowds declining year on year. I think they played Huddersfield in their first fixture of the 2014 season and the crowd was 16,000 plus. In contrast for last nights home opener they pulled just 400 more than us against Catalan. I accept that Huddersfield don't bring much to the party but a 4000 drop must be a concern. I cannot say that they look to be much of a threat this season on very early season form.

Our start has been quite encouraging and with the general feel good factor around everything the club are doing I would hope that the town really gets behind the team and floods through the gates.

Realistically I do not think big city Leeds crowds can be in our sights just yet but it would be nice to finish second ( for once) come October.

Learning All The Songs

Certainly possible but the difficulty is Wigan really push the boat out for the big games and whilst it may not massively increase their revenue 18-20K+ crowds against us, Warrington & Leeds give them a leg up on the attendance ladder. It would be nice to see another couple of sell-outs this season. Very good start against Cats though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

The fact that Wigan v Saints on Good Friday will be more than likely be a 25,000 sell out, it means that to finish above them in the average attendance stakes we have to average over 600 a game more than them over the other matches.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Banned

I'll stand corrected, but haven't we already been the second-best supported club in SL? Sure we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'll stand corrected, but haven't we already been the second-best supported club in SL? Sure we did.

I cannot remember our average ever eclipsing Wigan or Leeds.

Got A Season Ticket

As DD says I think the fact we play on Good Friday at Wigan an there is likely to be 25,000 on means they are probably likely to just best us unless we can get around 18,000 for the visits of Wire and Wigan and get between 12 and 14,000 for the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by F4RSH View Post
    As DD says I think the fact we play on Good Friday at Wigan an there is likely to be 25,000 on means they are probably likely to just best us unless we can get around 18,000 for the visits of Wire and Wigan and get between 12 and 14,000 for the other games.
    That shouldn't be unachievable although I think a Thursday night game might hamper us.

I do accept that their capacity on Good Friday gives the overall average a right boost. Their 'big one' fixture when they basically offload thousands of cheap tickets helps too.