Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Salford Vs. Saints - MATCH THREAD

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

This is team is becoming something special. We have a young, agile backline with skill, huge forwards and the strongest halves in the league. It's the best squad we've had since 2006 and when you consider Walsh, Hohaia, Wellens, Richards and Jones didn't play last night, it was an impressive result. That quality and that depth will make us very hard to beat as we'll be able to rotate throughout the year without too much detriment.

We completely destroyed Salford last night in the forwards. This pack of forwards is scary. Walmsley and Amor are outstanding, Vea is doing a good job and hurts teams on the edge and Savelio, Masoe and LMS give us that impact off the bench and because of that it was easy for Roby, Burns and Wilkin to use the backs.

KC and Long have turned us from a good side into a ruthless side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Tom Vol View Post
    Welcome To HELL, My Ar*e
    Presumably, that on the changing room door, and the other one the Sky monkeys talked about - "I'd rather be a devil than a saint" - was meant to intimidate us.....worked a treat then!

If I walked in and saw that as a Saints player I'd just •••••• myself laughing.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Starting A Programme Collection

James Roby with only 34 tackles !! The lazy sod !!! ��

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southstandsaint View Post
    Get him dropped an sent out on duel reg

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

We can't keep on carrying him like this.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

And to think some people had him in their top 3 in the M.O.M thread.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

I'm glad that we've come through the game pretty much injury free, and the confidence gained from such a big win isn't to be underestimated, but is it just me that's a bit worried that we possibly needed a somewhat tougher test than the 30 minute training session we got last night?

With next week coming up, I've just got a feeling that last night may have done us few favours as preparation for the Bunnies goes. I'd have rather played a Hull KR or Widnes the way last night went just to harden us for what lies ahead, otherwise I fear we may come away from next Sunday not knowing what hit us.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    I'm glad that we've come through the game pretty much injury free, and the confidence gained from such a big win isn't to be underestimated, but is it just me that's a bit worried that we possibly needed a somewhat tougher test than the 30 minute training session we got last night?

With next week coming up, I've just got a feeling that last night may have done us few favours as preparation for the Bunnies goes. I'd have rather played a Hull KR or Widnes the way last night went just to harden us for what lies ahead, otherwise I fear we may come away from next Sunday not knowing what hit us.
    I prefer the run out we had last night to be honest. Both the teams you mention are capable of beating us, especially on their own ground. We scored some nice tries, our kicking game, apart from place kicks was pretty much faultless. We had the chance to put some planned moves into action and above all, we have only conceded only 2 tries so far this season. Add to that, we had LMS on the wing and Thompson in the centres with Swift at SO for about the last 7 or 8 minutes. For me, 2 wins from 2 is better than a 1 win 1 loss, no matter who those results came against. We have a lot going for us next week, not just with home advantage, but our defence is looking good, our attack when it clicks is very good and we are running high with 2 wins. Don't get me wrong, if I was a betting man, I would place my money on Souths, but we are very capable of pulling off the win.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saint4evs View Post
    25/1 very poor odds betfred had us 50/1 last week for all 3 domestic trophies
    50/1 40/1 25/1 all good odds if we win, not too good if we lose good luck to us !!!!

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post

I think and hope that your wrong so I, ll put it on the line , my early season impressions of this team we are getting together might be something very special , so I, ll back saints to win and see if you predict the rabbits who I, m sure being aussies are favourites, I think we, ll send them home very unhappy lettuce chompers , good luck to both teams which ever way it goe,s coys