Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Tomkins on 2015

Banned

Default Tomkins on 2015

Samuel is giving his take on the 2015 season in the People this morning. He fancies his home town club Warrington to beat their SIXTY year hoodoo and be crowned champions just beating his adopted club Wigan. Saints don't get much of a mention of course, and he does not think the good Doctor has come up with a magic portion.

So who are our tips for Champions? I think we will retain it actually and I feel Salford will go well top 6. Saints to beat Catalan at Old Trafford.

Ian Laybourn has us third behind the pies then Warrington! Suits me, I prefer us as underdogs!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-le...-league-season

I think its hard to say this year because of the format change.

In The South Stand

Sam must have a good agent.

Learning All The Songs

I think Warrington will do well, the Pies and us. Not quite sure with Leed's. Have they got complacent. Their pack is not getting any better and with a number of their key play makers now starting to get more injury prone leaves them vulnerable. Not convinced that either of the Hull teams will set the world alight. Wakefield to take the wooden spoon and I think Hull KR will join them in the basement. Salford & Widnes the jury is out could scrape top six.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Samuel is giving his take on the 2015 season in the People this morning. He fancies his home town club Warrington to beat their SIXTY year hoodoo and be crowned champions just beating his adopted club Wigan. Saints don't get much of a mention of course, and he does not think the good Doctor has come up with a magic portion.

So who are our tips for Champions? I think we will retain it actually and I feel Salford will go well top 6. Saints to beat Catalan at Old Trafford.
    I think we will go well this year as will Dire and the goons. I think It might be a season too far for some of Leeds key players, their pack relies on some old timers who are possibly 1 reasonable injury from retirement and Sinfield is showing signs of creaking with age. They have arguably the strongest 1-5 in the league though so will still be there or there abouts.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I think we will go well this year as will Dire and the goons. I think It might be a season too far for some of Leeds key players, their pack relies on some old timers who are possibly 1 reasonable injury from retirement and Sinfield is showing signs of creaking with age. They have arguably the strongest 1-5 in the league though so will still be there or there abouts.
    Agreed.

Saints. I don't like predicting where we will finish but I have to say I'm liking what we're doing this year. Burns and Walsh, for me, is the best half-back pairing in the competition. Walsh may take a while to get going but he's huge for us. Amor is a terrific prop and Mosoe improved as the year went on in my opinion. LMS should play a bit more a loose and then we've got Walmsley as well. James Roby's contribution towards the back end of the season was huge for me and hopefully he'll be able to cause problems on the back of Amor, Walmsley etc. I like our 3/4 line this year; Percival is a class act and Makinson and Swift are dangerous.

I think the thing with Leeds is that you can never write them off. I don't think they'll have too many problems against most opposition in the competition but whether they can compete with Saints, Wigan and Warrington, I'm not too sure. I'd say that the main issue for Leeds is in the forwards. They are hugely reliant on Peacock; in my opinion. That said, they have big game experience and they know what it takes to win trophies which always makes them dangerous. As you say, they have a threatening 3/4 line once again and as usual they'll use Sinfield's kicking game to try and strangle teams.

Warrington are the opposite for me in some ways. Simms is a huge signing for them and Chris Hill won't shirk anything. On the back of that Daryl Clarke running out of dummy-half on the back of those quick play-the-balls is always a threat. Matty Russell at 1 doesn't lack pace, and I'm sure they'll be looking for him to follow Clarke around the field this year and get on the end of those little breaks around the ruck. That said, do they have the quality in the halves? Ratchford, Myler and O'Brien. I'm not too sure.

Wigan, like Leeds, are always dangerous. Decent set of forwards this year for me which will give them a chance in the big games: Patrick, Tautai, Mossop etc. O'Loughlin is a terrific player but what state his body is in, I'm not too sure. Stand-off will be an issue for them in my opinion. I'm not sure George Williams is the answer but whether Hampshire will step up at some point in the year I don't know. Their middle unit is strong though and I'm not writing them off.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 1st February 2015 at 19:36.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Burns and Walsh, for me, is the best half-back pairing in the competition.
    Carney and Dureau just take it for me.

Carney is one of the best players to play in sl, he'll rip it up.

I think the cats pack will let them down when it matters though.

Saints, wire and Wigan for the pots and any of the three could win any of the trophies.

We'll be in with the best shout, if we stay injury free all year to our big players. 2 of Saints Wigan or Wire to be in the GF, don't see much of a challenge from the rest of the pack to be honest. Catalans, Leeds, Cas, HKR and Widnes to make up the balance of the top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    his home town club Warrington
    He was born in Milton Keynes and is Honorary President of the MK Wolfs:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/miltonkeynesrugbyleague/

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Carney and Dureau just take it for me.

Carney is one of the best players to play in sl, he'll rip it up.

I think the cats pack will let them down when it matters though.

Saints, wire and Wigan for the pots and any of the three could win any of the trophies.

I'm on your side , Carney & Dureau if both stay fit will be the best two half backs

Apart from the champions of course I'm really looking forward to seeing Carney on Friday

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post

I'm on your side , Carney & Dureau if both stay fit will be the best two half backs

Apart from the champions of course I'm really looking forward to seeing Carney on Friday
    I think we're unfortunate having them first up, Carney will be well up for it and won't have had time to get himself sacked