Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Flag update

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Default Flag update

So here's the update: the club have been working with us for over 2 years to come up with solutions to get the flags displayed at Langtree Park, There's been numerous brainstorm meetings regarding it - the first problems encountered were no adequate space on the terrace where they'd be visible due to the ground layout, then when we tried to raise them high, the lack of cladding made the flags like giant wind sails nearly taking off across the pitch, and after that was completed we thought we'd cracked it but the material of the flags meant the first of the flags to be modified ripped (the Redvee one... That hurt!) so we stalled on the idea.

I've had another meeting at the club this morning as the club are extremely keen to get them up asap and we're now looking at having them reinforced so they can be suspended high about the West Terrace, with the club having work done to accommodate this. If successful, it should give us a template size and specification for future flags which we can give to a company to produce, and then we can then look at launching a flag fund to fund new projects which I'll organise, where we can look to add a flags each year - For example I've had a flag design done and ready to go for over 3 years which will look fantastic when made but have held off until a time when things are sorted.

I've deliberately held off posting too much because I haven't wanted to raise hopes only for them to be dashed - it's not definite that this is going to come off, but it isn't through want of trying, either from myself or from the club who've been fantastically supportive throughout, at expense to themselves - they really should be applauded as its not something that even had to appear on their list of priorities, but they're in tune with what the supporters want to see at the stadium to make it more 'homely' than is already!

I'll keep everyone updated as we go.

@RedveeDotNet

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    So here's the update: the club have been working with us for over 2 years to come up with solutions to get the flags displayed at Langtree Park, There's been numerous brainstorm meetings regarding it - the first problems encountered were due to the lack of cladding which made the flags like giant wind sails nearly taking off across the pitch, and after that was completed we thought we'd cracked it but the material of the flags meant the first of the flags to be modified ripped (the Redvee one... That hurt!) so we stalled on the idea.

I've had another meeting at the club this morning as the club are extremely keen to get them up asap and we're now looking at having them reinforced so they can be suspended high about the West Terrace, with the club having work done to accommodate this. If successful, it should give us a template size and specification for future flags which we can give to a company to produce, and then we can then look at launching a flag fund to fund new projects which I'll organise, where we can look to add a flags each year - For example I've had a flag design done and ready to go for over 3 years which will look fantastic when made but have held off until a time when things are sorted.

I've deliberately held off posting too much because I haven't wanted to raise hopes only for them to be dashed - it's not definite that this is going to come off, but it isn't through want of trying, either from myself or from the club who've been fantastically supportive throughout, at expense to themselves - they really should be applauded as its not something that even had to appear on their list of priorities, but they're in tune with what the supporters want to see at the stadium to make it more 'homely' than is already!

I'll keep everyone updated as we go.
    Thanks for your hard work mate and kudos to the club.

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Don't wreck them Dave, they took time effort and coin to make.

Might even dig out the big lad if you volunteer to look after it
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Learning All The Songs

Well done Bronco

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert View Post
    Don't wreck them Dave, they took time effort and coin to make.

Might even dig out the big lad if you volunteer to look after it
    Yeah aware of the cost, hence guarding them closely and giving the Redvee one to be modified first! if things work out then a yearly plan of adding a new addition of a high quality specification flag could be the way forward, with fans asked to submit ideas/designs to be funded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Just a little preview of the flag that I hope to one day make a reality and do justice to.. it's a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Awesome

Starting A Programme Collection

That really is special.

That is amazing! And the bigger the better if you can get it made!

Certainly is good of the club to go out of the way to get our flags back up. And that flag design is top drawer, would love to see that at Langtree one day.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Thanks a lot for all your efforts mate. Great to see that the club is doing it's best to sort this and that progress is being made behind the scenes.

Really love them flags, they are awesome and inspiring!
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Got A Season Ticket

Cheers for the update bronco mate, great to hear the club are so supportive of the idea, hopefully they will be up soon

Learning All The Songs

great work by yourselves and the club officials, hope we all realise, the whole turnaround from a memorable but delapidated(?) KR to this ongoing attention to details may be a long journey(with a few years without the trophies) is going to be worth it!

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Much appreciated bronco. Your design is pretty special too.

Ex Terra Lucem
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Please tell me that when you had the "brainstorming" session you invited that knuckle dragger Shaun Ainscough to contribute.with his brainwaves.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Season Ticket

Well done Bronco and the club for getting this moving. We have two Imperial Exiles flags we used to hang at KR one large one normal sized (7x5). Please can you include the Exiles in this project so that our flags are again displayed with the Funbus, Gerrard etc. Our group may be able to provide little finance to on this project

That is an outstanding flag design