Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Walsh

Learning All The Songs

Default Luke Walsh

Should be ready for first game of season. From Saints twitter.

Straight from the horses mouth,Cunningham's first press conference as Saints coach. Good news though.

Brilliant news!

Got A Season Ticket

Great news. Any ideas on lomax is he back in training?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carlvegas7 View Post
    Great news. Any ideas on lomax is he back in training?
    According to Cunningham, every player in the squad will be fit and available for round 1.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    According to Cunningham, every player in the squad will be fit and available for round 1.
    Anyone else just a little bit excited at having a fully fit squad and TWO quality starting halves? Can't wait for Sunday to get back to it.
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Anyone else just a little bit excited at having a fully fit squad and TWO quality starting halves? Can't wait for Sunday to get back to it.
    Yes! With the players we have and the youngsters coming through this season looks very promising. If we can stay relatively injury free just imagine what we can achieve
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

It is fantastic news about Walsh he did his leg right in front of us and it was horrific, to get back playing at all is just brilliant.I have to admit i did fear for his career.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    It is fantastic news about Walsh he did his leg right in front of us and it was horrific, to get back playing at all is just brilliant.I have to admit i did fear for his career.
    Yes agree 100 per cent, just have to hope he comes through game time steadily and without any relapse. Well done Luke!

It's been a long time since we started a season with 2 proper half-backs. Gaskell, Lomax, Hohaia are not half-backs for me so it's probably the season we started with Pryce and Eastmond whenever that was, 2011?

As others have said, IF we can keep our key players fit then we won't be far off in both competitions. There isn't a squad in Super League that I look at and think it's any stronger than ours.

Got A Season Ticket

It's been a long time since we started a season with 2 proper half-backs. Gaskell, Lomax, Hohaia are not half-backs for me so it's probably the season we started with Pryce and Eastmond whenever that was, 2011?

As others have said, IF we can keep our key players fit then we won't be far off in both competitions. There isn't a squad in Super League that I look at and think it's any stronger than ours.
    I would even argue that Pryce and Eastmond weren't out and out natural half backs who can organise etc. Eastmond would probably be a full back in my opinion in the present game.

Really excited and desperate for us to get to Wembley this year. If we don't have our usual injury nightmare we will take some stopping, can't see any of the other squads matching us!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlvegas7 View Post
    I would even argue that Pryce and Eastmond weren't out and out natural half backs who can organise etc. Eastmond would probably be a full back in my opinion in the present game.

Really excited and desperate for us to get to Wembley this year. If we don't have our usual injury nightmare we will take some stopping, can't see any of the other squads matching us!
    You're probably right about Pryce and Eastmond but they were the last partnership we had that actually excited me; until now of course.

I can't wait for the new season now. I don't normally do friendlies but I'll be there on Sunday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Very excited to see Burns. He's got that 'mongrel' in him that Saints have been missing for a long time. He's also a damn fine half back. Walsh is just a very classy half, the best 7 in the country by a mile and we're fortunate to have him. It's easy to forget just how good he was in the early parts of last year. Him and Burns make up what for me, is easily the best half pairing in the country and behind what is a gigantic pack of forwards, it makes for a great season. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Very excited to see Burns. He's got that 'mongrel' in him that Saints have been missing for a long time. He's also a damn fine half back. Walsh is just a very classy half, the best 7 in the country by a mile and we're fortunate to have him. It's easy to forget just how good he was in the early parts of last year. Him and Burns make up what for me, is easily the best half pairing in the country and behind what is a gigantic pack of forwards, it makes for a great season. Can't wait.
    At the last forum Flanagan was saying that Burns wants to fight everyone in training too! Just what we need as you say

Learning All The Songs

Fingers crossed on this one. Time alone will tell if he makes a full recovery. Here's hoping.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I spoke to Jonny Lomax a few days ago and he is fit and raring to go well ahead of schedule.

Just had a look at our 2015 squad and I reckon 65% are home grown.Excellent.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Ade must be doing a good job along with the medics and rehab

Got A Season Ticket

excellent

Got A Season Ticket Deckchairs_r_us's Avatar

Like having 4 new signings this season; Walsh, Burns, Lomax, Wilko. Excitement of old is back, for good I hope.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I spoke to Jonny Lomax a few days ago and he is fit and raring to go well ahead of schedule.

Just had a look at our 2015 squad and I reckon 65% are home grown.Excellent.
    20/31 (whole squad)
    14/25 (25 man squad)
    7/17 (1-17 squad numbers)
    6/13 (1-13 squad numbers)

Impressive whichever way you spin it!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes! With the players we have and the youngsters coming through this season looks very promising. If we can stay relatively injury free just imagine what we can achieve
    Should be a great season. Especially when we showed what we could do last year, through sheer guts and determination. Add the class of Walsh, Lomax, Burns, should be a good year!

Banned

Big season this for Lomax, if he stays fairly fit he can rip some trees up. I do agree about the half back combo its the first genuine one for a long long time. I just hope Hewitt gets a bit of game time whilst these guys are around.

Learning All The Songs

I think this season will prove that our best signing in the off season was Sean Long.

In The South Stand

Going to be interesting to see how he justifies shoehorning Paul Wellens into one of the 17 shirts.

Got A Season Ticket saintstreble's Avatar

Same here was right in front of us too, never thought he'd play again. The news has just got better and better, at first he was rumoured to be out for almost a year, then it was announced it'd be around march/april and now to hear he's going to be fit for the first game is just brilliant!! Just hope it doesn't affect his game mentally, which it could understandably do.