Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints Lack Of Online Merchandise

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints Lack Of Online Merchandise

On another thread it shows a great new retro Saints top, a few weeks ago I had an e-mail actually promoting a great retro tracksuit top.

Neither were/are available via the on line shop. Replica shirts in extra small were in stock, again not on the website.
    After the shop refurb various new polos in stock in the superstore were not on there, I badgered Saints twitter, eventually when they went on, various sizes were unavailable due to being sold out.

This is no way a dig at the shop staff (Chantel has been very helpful to me personally) but who ever manages the products availability via on line shop is doing a terrible job.

For people like me who live minimum 90 minutes away from St Helens the website is the only way in the off season to see what new gear is available, I buy loads of Saints stuff for casual wear and I would imagine lots of others are in the same boat.

It needs sorting ASAP.

Does anyone have an email address that I can contact reference this subject?
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

Learning All The Songs

Got to agree. When I first saw the tracksuit top I thought they could sell very well, alas they don't seem to be available online.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    On another thread it shows a great new retro Saints top, a few weeks ago I had an e-mail actually promoting a great retro tracksuit top.

Neither were/are available via the on line shop. Replica shirts in extra small were in stock, again not on the website.
    After the shop refurb various new polos in stock in the superstore were not on there, I badgered Saints twitter, eventually when they went on, various sizes were unavailable due to being sold out.

This is no way a dig at the shop staff (Chantel has been very helpful to me personally) but who ever manages the products availability via on line shop is doing a terrible job.

For people like me who live minimum 90 minutes away from St Helens the website is the only way in the off season to see what new gear is available, I buy loads of Saints stuff for casual wear and I would imagine lots of others are in the same boat.

It needs sorting ASAP.

Does anyone have an email address that I can contact reference this subject?
    The media manager Mike Appleton is a good egg. He can put you in touch with the right person. Mike.Appleton@saintsrlfc.com

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    The media manager Mike Appleton is a good egg.
    Agree totally regarding Mike, but have you been reading Enid Blyton to your kids??? A good egg? Ginger beer and midnight feasts will be happening soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Agree totally regarding Mike, but have you been reading Enid Blyton to your kids??? A good egg? Ginger beer and midnight feasts will be happening soon.....
    Over my head that one Claire!

Over my head that one Claire!
    Enid Blyton's all a bit old school, he's a good egg and all that, jolly hockey sticks etc? It just made me smile reading it, I was a Mallory Towers aficionado

Learning All The Songs

I have emailed the shop manager/merchandiser the thread link for you, will ask if I can add a pm to you for his direct email- shouldn't be an issue but rather ask first. get back to you in due course.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Enid Blyton's all a bit old school, he's a good egg and all that, jolly hockey sticks etc? It just made me smile reading it, I was a Mallory Towers aficionado
    I vaguely remember Enid Blyton

I vaguely remember Enid Blyton
    I'm older than you, you can say it

Got A Replica Shirt

Does anyone know when the players version of the away shirt will be in stock..? I ordered mine early December hoping to get it for christmas but still not in stock

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    I have emailed the shop manager/merchandiser the thread link for you, will ask if I can add a pm to you for his direct email- shouldn't be an issue but rather ask first. get back to you in due course.....
    Thanks mate.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Got a reply from Steve:
    Re the retro shirts - stock situation.
    The change to ONeills coupled with the Grand Final Win meant we recorded record Sales of Merchandise. November and December have been the busiest time the Superstore has ever seen with incredible sales both through the store and on-line. The contract with ONeills allows us to but increased ranges of products, with the chance to do small runs of product to test the water. This means we will end up offering some items as store only products, because the EPOS System we operate is a live system linked to the web. The downside of this is that if we only have small quantities of a particular product we may end up selling it out in store after a customer has ordered it online.
    As a result we need to be careful what goes online and what doesn't to avoid disappointment. Presently, because of the above, we have a higher than normal out of stock situation but stock will be trickling in over next few weeks prior to the start of the season. Once sufficient stock is available it will go online

He also advised you can email any queries to steve.law@saintsrlfc.com

Hope that helps

Learning All The Songs

Got a reply from Steve:
    The change to ONeills coupled with the Grand Final Win meant we recorded record Sales of Merchandise. November and December have been the busiest time the Superstore has ever seen with incredible sales both through the store and on-line. The contract with ONeills allows us to but increased ranges of products, with the chance to do small runs of product to test the water. This means we will end up offering some items as store only products, because the EPOS System we operate is a live system linked to the web. The downside of this is that if we only have small quantities of a particular product we may end up selling it out in store after a customer has ordered it online.
    As a result we need to be careful what goes online and what doesn't to avoid disappointment. Presently, because of the above, we have a higher than normal out of stock situation but stock will be trickling in over next few weeks prior to the start of the season. Once sufficient stock is available it will go online

Hope that helps
    That explains it, cheers mate!

Got A Replica Shirt

Players Away Shirt;

I got mine in November but it was pre-ordered when the designs were released.
    From St. Helens to St. Helier but ALWAYS a Saint!

Learning All The Songs

Showing supporters what is available to purchase only in the store can still be put on the website. At the moment it's down to posters on Redvee to advertise what merchandise is available.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Showing supporters what is available to purchase only in the store can still be put on the website. At the moment it's down to posters on Redvee to advertise what merchandise is available.
    I have emailed Steve and asked this. Will let you know the response.

Starting A Programme Collection BigMatt's Avatar

I am a bit gobsmacked it has just cost me £5.90 to get the Season DVD posted to me! P&P a little high - that's not even Next Day Delivery!!!

Learning All The Songs

Free delivery on a well known shopping website.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Free delivery on a well known shopping website.
    Didn't think of looking there - I normally scour everywhere! Just though the club would be the only outlet! Will know for future purchases - check before buying!!!

Learning All The Songs

I just got the season review for 9 quid delivered on base.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    I like paying over £20 for something I can now get for £8.89!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    Didn't think of looking there - I normally scour everywhere! Just though the club would be the only outlet! Will know for future purchases - check before buying!!!
    The DVD was produced by the RFL and not Saints, hence its availability through a variety of outlets. Personally, I'd rather the club produce a season review but keeping Micron well away from it so we don't get any annoying and irrelevant clips promoting Wigan.

Starting A Programme Collection

Got a reply from Steve:

Hope that helps
    That’s all well and good as a response explaining the system the store works too, which is essentially a low stock holding level / just in time delivery from O’Neils, but the problem with that is it could be a very long time for some fans to be able to get the items they want. As soon as theses out of stock items land they will sell out quickly because not enough is being ordered each time.

I know for a fact that this is something the club prefers with O’Neills as it means they don’t have to order and hold big numbers as they had to with ISC, but it’s annoying for us the customer, as one would expect good stock levels this time of year, the season hasn’t even started and were sold out!?
    Stating extra demand because of grand final success isn’t a good enough reason, I’m not referring to special items, I mean key sellers like jackets, polo tops, hoodies, T shirts etc. sold out in lots of sizes. Very poor effort Saints, good job your this isn’t your living.

Out of interest does anyone know the opening hours of the store at Langtree? I can't find them online anywhere and Saints declined to respond to my tweet asking them directly.
    It was closed Saturday morning.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Won mine with RL Express but was really disappointed that the half time and pre match entertainment wasn't on there. That James stuff, the fireworks, abide with me all stoked up a feral atmosphere (not malicious but you could just sense it was going to be explosive) and hard to explain to mates who weren't there just how pumped everyone was, fans, players, coaches and evryone else.

The RL did a brilliant job getting James in and the whole thing sent shivers up my spine.........something was sure to happen.......it chuffin well did 'an all!!

Shame the whole SKY production was never repeated (only editted highlights) and doesn't seem to feature on the double DVD (unless I have missed it in the extras??)