Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Coaching Masterclass

Learning All The Songs

Default Coaching Masterclass

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4574
    Any aspiring coaches or current coaches want a Q&A with KC and Longy this weekend contact Saints

Got A Replica Shirt FW de KLERK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4574
    Any aspiring coaches or current coaches want a Q&A with KC and Longy this weekend contact Saints
    I wonder if The Ape will attend?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FW de KLERK View Post
    I wonder if The Ape will attend?

Got A Season Ticket

Anyone on here attend this event? Was anything interesting said?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Very informative from a coaching philosophy Angle. The first part of the seminar was how both KES and Longy got where they are today. After the break Alan Rooney hosted the QA session focusing on coaching. It's clear KES has his own vision and has already started to implement it, he thanks Brown for getting him to understand the game from a coaches point of view. As a player he acknowledged he had a natural talent to read the game and that's what made him the player he became. With Browns assistance he has learned to break that down and implements the findings into coaching methods. Ie, what do you do when a situation unfolds, why make that decision, what other options? He has changed the training environment, he has the 19's working with the 1st team, this gets the regulars looking over their shoulder and at the same time gives the younger lads an idea of how close they are off taking their shirt!!

Left in no uncertain terms that a dominant pack is what it's all about, get on the front foot then let the attacking options flow from there. Mentioned really excited that Saints now have recognised 1' 6 7 9 for the first time in years. He has already set down his recruitment requirements for 2016. Didn't expand for obvious reasons.

Alan Rooney asked him if he had a magic wand who would he bring back to play from all the players he has played with at Saints. It was difficult to answer that as it may well have been construed as he doesn't think the lads who are playing now are as good as Mr x, however he said he loves nothing more than a Samoan wrecking ball to strike fear in opponents, Maurie Fa's got a mention as did Vila. They went onto mention lots of others saying it was incredible how many top players they have played with, Newlove was someone they both kept on talking about and shaking their heads in fondness awe!!

To finish off, a clear message to Jnr Coaches, CORE SKILLS, CORE SKILLS, running passing tackling, PTB and kicking. Jumior coaches coach for tomorrow not for today, the elite coaches will fine tune them when winning really matters, get the kids to do the basics exceptionally well NOT the exceptional basically well.

Good two hours, future looks good, let's wait and see, but from a coaching point of view, I know what I have to do with my kids now and that's what the RFL and Saints development team want too.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Can't argue with the awe of Newlove probably the best British Centre EVER. Standing on KR watching him sprinting through with Sulli on his shoulder is a memory never to be forgotten.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Can't argue with the awe of Newlove probably the best British Centre EVER. Standing on KR watching him sprinting through with Sulli on his shoulder is a memory never to be forgotten.
    I wonder what he's up to now? Tending his chickens perhaps. Some players move on from the game and have no further involvement. I've not heard anything of him for ages.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I wonder what he's up to now? Tending his chickens perhaps. Some players move on from the game and have no further involvement. I've not heard anything of him for ages.
    I remember some years ago when Wello had a regular column in either the star or reporter and he made a reference to Newlove and him being injured one weekend and he came to training on a monday morning without knowing if Saints had won or lost the previous day, although he was truly world class it was just a job to him and he didn't live & breath rugby like some sportsmen do.

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks