Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backroom staff

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post
    You've imagined it. He has been out with a knee injury and is in rehab for it. He was ahead of richards prior to his injury. He will probably feature at some point this year.
    I imagine hell fill in as 5th prop in the squad, I still have doubts if he can make it though, he really needs a big year to displace Richards whose ahead of him imo. There's more pressure from kids below too so step up or step out time!

My first choice for next year is slightly different:

Lomax
    Makinson Percival Jones Swift
    Burns Walsh
    Amor Roby Walmsley
    LMS Thompson
    Turner

Hohaia Vea Masoe Richards

The big pack thing worked like a charm back end of last year so why change? I know Turner at loose is contentious (and plenty on here will say he didn't really play loose and was just named there) but I think he's be effective playing Wellens old role, running off the shoulders of big guys, putting doubt in the opposition defence, which is a role we lack imo whilst Lomax plays as a third halfback... (Also allows Pericval to play his more natural right side centre) - for the heart and dedication Wilkin/ Flanagan have shown over the last few years, I just struggle to see what they'd bring above those named in that 17

Got A Season Ticket Offside Monkey's Avatar

I like Walker as he'll tackle his heart out, but he offers very little going forward. It should also be noted that he's a lot older than Richards and Thompson.

What I like about this Physio appointment is that Castleford's head physio is only making our assistant post. We should be striving to be the best club in every area, not just playing staff, not just coaching staff, backroom staff, youth team coaches and scouts, PR & marketing guys, everything.

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    The big pack thing worked like a charm back end of last year so why change? I know Turner at loose is contentious (and plenty on here will say he didn't really play loose and was just named there) but I think he's be effective playing Wellens old role, running off the shoulders of big guys, putting doubt in the opposition defence, which is a role we lack imo whilst Lomax plays as a third halfback... (Also allows Pericval to play his more natural right side centre) - for the heart and dedication Wilkin/ Flanagan have shown over the last few years, I just struggle to see what they'd bring above those named in that 17
    I can't work this out at all. Where is Turner playing in your team ? If you consider that he played as the central pivot once Walsh was buggered for us last year. This season we have a fit Walsh as well as Burns whilst Lomax will be fit also. Walsh will always be first receiver with Burns second down the right and likely Wilkin down the left with Lomax the regular third. Where does this leave Turner as a loose forward ? I can't figure out what you're trying to do. Turner off the shoulder as an option is Lomax's role. Adding another 4th leaves no space anywhere for your centre or winger. It literally makes no sense whatsoever unless you're revolutionising RL tactics.

The whole reason for using the full back as your third pivot is to allow another big forward to play at loose, complimenting your front row. Adding another pivot negates the influence of your 1, 6 and 7 as well as massively reducing the space for your 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Learning All The Songs

These are good problems to have. I think we're going to have a decent season as long as our usual stack of injuries don't cripple us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I bet Mose enjoyed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    I can't work this out at all. Where is Turner playing in your team ? If you consider that he played as the central pivot once Walsh was buggered for us last year. This season we have a fit Walsh as well as Burns whilst Lomax will be fit also. Walsh will always be first receiver with Burns second down the right and likely Wilkin down the left with Lomax the regular third. Where does this leave Turner as a loose forward ? I can't figure out what you're trying to do. Turner off the shoulder as an option is Lomax's role. Adding another 4th leaves no space anywhere for your centre or winger. It literally makes no sense whatsoever unless you're revolutionising RL tactics.

The whole reason for using the full back as your third pivot is to allow another big forward to play at loose, complimenting your front row. Adding another pivot negates the influence of your 1, 6 and 7 as well as massively reducing the space for your 2, 3, 4 and 5.
    I probably expressed myself poorly. The traditional fullback role never acted as a third pivot, as that was the role of the loose, at least to my knowledge. I think as good as lomax can be, we miss wellens on the pitch because he plays that traditional role and we miss that. In essence I'm suggesting the traditional 1 and traditional 13 roles are reversed. Unlikely but I think it would be a potent combo if it ever happened. With a second row of LMS and thompson (and Vea) we can sacrifice the 13 role (as seen at the end of last season) and Percival can grow in his best role, win all round (except for losing second rowers like Flanagan and Wilkin)