Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bbc get inspired list of sports - error

Quote Originally Posted by Ell Saint Blues View Post
    I was fuming yesterday, the Ashes in the Cricket in 2015 there is not one test match north of Nottingham, then I got a map up of cricket grounds and there are only three grounds further north anyway, Headingley, Old Trafford and Chester le Street (Durham).

Never realised how many few counties there are playing cricket.
    And long may it continue... (banter). Not a cricket fan myself.. I have heard Old Trafford are hosting a test match and one day game in 2016. I might not like cricket, but seriously I hope more events of whatever nature are held in the North. That can only be good for the area.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Think it was announced yesterday that Lancashire will be hosting an Ashes Test in 2019 and 5 games in the ICC World Cup.

Yesterday we found out where the Ashes series will be held in 2019. In RL, we don't know where and when the test series will be against New Zealand in 2015, this is something that holds us back so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    Yesterday we found out where the Ashes series will be held in 2019. In RL, we don't know where and when the test series will be against New Zealand in 2015, this is something that holds us back so much.
    . . . and that's worrying. If the RL can't plan for something predictable haven't a cat in hells chance of trying to promote the game elsewhere. Poor management of the first order.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    We've been trying for the last 100 years and it's got us no where. One team in the RL heartland of Southern France doesn't stop us from still being a Northern sport.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If the RL got its act together they would expand further in France with the inclusion of Toulouse in SL. As you may well know Toulouse is the fourth largest city in France and in an area which has always been rich in RL. They could do that by dropping one of those several Yorkshire sides that never seem to finish in the top eight.

Learning All The Songs

Last time Catalans played one of their SL games in Toulouse it sold out with well over 10k fans there.

Two problems strike me with the Toulouse idea. Firstly it means adding another club to the league that will have no away fans, and secondly I'm not convinced that there's a sufficient player pool in France to support two top-flight clubs.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Two problems strike me with the Toulouse idea. Firstly it means adding another club to the league that will have no away fans, and secondly I'm not convinced that there's a sufficient player pool in France to support two top-flight clubs.
    There'll be plenty of away fans going to watch them play Catalan.

You might be right about the number of French players though, I honestly wouldn't know about that one.

They really need a sugar daddy to carry them up the leagues to challenge for a place in super league. It is easier under this new system. If they can get a squad of full timers (and lose a lot of money) for a couple of seasons they could gain a place in Super league.

I'd love to see it happen, a trip to Toulouse would be a great trip out to match the Catalan one. Maybe if the RFL could match the fixtures the Toulouse team and the Catalan team could share a plane and keep travel costs to a minimum.

Got A Season Ticket Gill O'Mild's Avatar

As promised here is the reply from your Auntie.

Dear Gill,

I'm pretty sure that this was an oversight rather than prejudice. I will ask for this to be remedied.

Thank you for your observation.

Kind regards,

Andy
    Multi-Platform Producer, Get Inspired - BBC Sport's Participation Initiative
    Quay House | Media City UK | Salford Quays | Manchester | M50 2QH
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/getinspired | @bbcgetinspired

Quote Originally Posted by Gill O'Mild View Post

Dear Gill,

I'm pretty sure that this was an oversight rather than prejudice. I will ask for this to be remedied.

Kind regards,

Andy
    Andy is only pretty sure - room for interpretation there for the paranoid . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gill O'Mild View Post

Dear Gill,

Kind regards,

Andy
    That is such a corporate reply, without a hint of kindness of any kind. The arrogants of the BBC considering 'we' help it out a little is obvious in this. I can imagine the massive 'tut' that came from the recipients mouth when they opened the email.
    At least they did not start it. Dear Pleb.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection

Whatever the truth of the matter, the fact that it takes people on a forum to point this out speaks volumes of the RFL.
    At times you have to wonder if they can represent the sport in the modern era. Number one on the agenda has to be some terrestrial coverage.

Got A Season Ticket the actual don johnson's Avatar

It's been changed now.

Noooobie

Right, now I'm narked, so sorry for reviving this post. If you don't like chippy Northerners, look away now.

Just been on the BBC Sport RL page and the headline story is a rape case. OK, involving an ex-RL player but from three days ago with no mention of a good news story like the WCC selling out three weeks before kick-off.

I tried to give feedback via the online survey prompted when entering the page but this crashed twice as soon as I entered unfavorable scores.

I might be paranoid, but I get the impression our friends in Media City couldn't give a toss about RL. Either that, or they're still hacked off about being relocated up to the Frozen North.

By way of balance, other media websites are available. Sky RL page has the headline announcing that we're playing South Sydney Roosters.

Is anyone at the RFL vaguely interested in our profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster Gas View Post
    Right, now I'm narked, so sorry for reviving this post. If you don't like chippy Northerners, look away now.

Just been on the BBC Sport RL page and the headline story is a rape case. OK, involving an ex-RL player but from three days ago with no mention of a good news story like the WCC selling out three weeks before kick-off.

I tried to give feedback via the online survey prompted when entering the page but this crashed twice as soon as I entered unfavorable scores.

I might be paranoid, but I get the impression our friends in Media City couldn't give a toss about RL. Either that, or they're still hacked off about being relocated up to the Frozen North.

By way of balance, other media websites are available. Sky RL page has the headline announcing that we're playing South Sydney Roosters.

There was about 20secs saying saints had a full house for WCC on Granada reports to night

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster Gas View Post

The BBC website has today posted a story "10 reasons to watch rugby league in 2015". It's mainly about the new structure but right at the bottom in mentions that the WCC has sold out. I'm one of the numpties that left it too late but it is a good news story that deserves more coverage.

Following your post, I e-mailed the Beeb from its website and complained about the lack of news about the sell out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I still think we need a London team in SL.
    Learned comment from The Don