Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: BBC Rugby League Website Survey

Default BBC Rugby League Website Survey

Just went on to BBC rugby league web page as I do each day to check any news. The page has not changed for days which is quite common for the BBC. Whilst on I got a pop up asking me to complete a survey.
    Lots of the questions were about the RL page, as well as some general questions.
    I filled it in. Not sure if everyone gets chance to fill it in but worth doing as unless we say anything nothing will improve. Worth trying.
    Just a heads up.
    My biggest gripe is lack of NEW REGUALR news on it.
    Only takes a few minutes.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Just went on to BBC rugby league web page as I do each day to check any news. The page has not changed for days which is quite common for the BBC. Whilst on I got a pop up asking me to complete a survey.
    Lots of the questions were about the RL page, as well as some general questions.
    I filled it in. Not sure if everyone gets chance to fill it in but worth doing as unless we say anything nothing will improve. Worth trying.
    Just a heads up.
    It has been the same for a number of years. Very little updating in the off season.

In The South Stand

I filled it in a couple of years ago, nothing changed, BBC and Rugby League don't really mix.

Maybe the case for TV, but don't forget the radio. While I agree it's pants compared to RU and Footy, isn't it better than ITV? Long time since they did Saturday RL games on TV back in 80's I think, Mclennan was still here then

Just been through the survey and when asked about improvements added;

As a starter;
    Better news refresh outside of season
    General Interest Stories
    Historic stories out of season e.g. this time 5 years ago etc
    Team focus as a build up to a new season - similar to that seen in newspapers for RU season build up
    Focus on the non heartlands activity to help support the promotion and raise awareness to people in those areas i.e. providing news

It may be disheartening that nothing has changed if answering in past but rather than giving up, if we could get sufficient enthusiasm and coordination to back up the responses to the survey with additional requests ( I for one working in the digital industry for large blue chip companies as a freelance consultant, would be happy to help), it's got to be worth a try?

Learning All The Songs

Just a heads up.

Try totalrl.com for news. Easily the best league website for news and articles.
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

Just a heads up.
    Thanks. Will give it a go. They are so called reorters so it's their function to find stuff out.

Meant Reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Try totalrl.com for news. Easily the best league website for news and articles.
    Thanks I already do use that site. Just thought it can't do harm filling in survey and putting your suggestions across. If nothing else at least we can try.
    Radio Merseyside does ok. Every Thursday from 6pm they have a Rugby League hour, even in the off season. But we need more national coverage.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

. . . and in their defence that is what they are trying to do. If you don't ask you don't get. They will already have plenty of feedback from page impressions, page clicks etc but clearly that doesn't provide answers as to what is not yet on the site!!!! Yes I don't think they are great and perhaps they may not act on the feedback. However it is precisely because it is their job that they ARE asking!!!!!!!

Exactly - otherwise we can hardly moan iif given an opportunity and then look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth.

Sky Sports website is the same there is just not a lot of news on at the moment.

The Super League website is inventing news like that waste of time/money/effort at the Trafford Centre.

As someone else has said try www.totalrl.com or www.smh.com.au for Aussie news.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

The RFL and the clubs needs yo have a more cohesive strategy for promoting stories in the off-season. This situation is nothing new but is a missed opportunity to keep the game in the public eye and ecourage pre-christmas sales of tickets and merchandise. Do we have a marketing brief for the game during this period? ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Noooobie

I completed the survey the other day and gave low marks for everything. We are the 'poor relations' of sport.The Saints website is only marginally better yet they are mad for us to buy replica kit. I'll try that totalrl site

Learning All The Songs

Thanks I already do use that site. Just thought it can't do harm filling in survey and putting your suggestions across. If nothing else at least we can try.
    Radio Merseyside does ok. Every Thursday from 6pm they have a Rugby League hour, even in the off season. But we need more national coverage.
    Go ya, good idea. Anything to improve coverage nationally gets a thumbs up from me.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Sky Sports website is the same there is just not a lot of news on at the moment.

The Super League website is inventing news like that waste of time/money/effort at the Trafford Centre.

As someone else has said try www.totalrl.com or www.smh.com.au for Aussie news.
    Similar thing to above, anyone on twitter...nrl gossip is great for nrl news.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Similar thing to above, anyone on twitter...nrl gossip is great for nrl news.
    try Serious about Rugby League? some good write ups?

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    try Serious about Rugby League? some good write ups?

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com
    That's more like it, pity we couldn't get the beeb to take note. Preferably get a site like this higher up Google - great to see an enthusiastic bunch of people promoting the game through a site.

Learning All The Songs

Many big media organisations just reprint press releases either from the sports governing body or the clubs. Perhaps the RFL and clubs should be more proactive.