Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Forum

Default Forum

I thought I would share a few snippets from last nights forum where Flanagan, Roby, Ian Pickavance and James Graham were on the panel.

Longy seems to be going down a storm, Roby says he is the ultimate professional and has introduced some new drills and is an excellent coach. Flanagan says he thought Brown was a great coach but some of the things Longy has done is over and above the level Brown was at.

Graham was asked the inevitable question about his future and answered diplomatically as you would expect. Basically you can never say never, part of him wants to come back here but part of him wants to finish his career with the Bulldogs. He also admitted that at 33 when his contract runs out, that Saints may not even want him then and cited Thompson and Richards as two who may be our next superstar forwards.

It was nice that he referred to Saints as "we" a few times and it's clear he still thinks a lot of us but also that he is very happy and settled in Australia.

Other than that, there were the usual funny tales and the usual answers to the normal questions. Nothing too earth shattering but it seems that Burns is settling in well and Walsh is well on course with his rehab.

The final thing of note is that Roby was noticeably bigger and said himself that he has put 2 kilos of muscle on. It's also apparent just how much the players respect Cunningham.

All in all we seem a very happy camp.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Cheers for that.

Was this forum an open event for fans? I hadn't seen anything about it that's all.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Thanks for posting that. Great to see all the positive comments about Long's appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Cheers for that.

Was this forum an open event for fans? I hadn't seen anything about it that's all.
    I saw it on twitter after someone mentioned it. They sell like hot cakes and there are only about 300 available. Good money earner by the club as they are every month or so. £10 a ticket (includes hotpot) plus the bar sales all add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I saw it on twitter after someone mentioned it. They sell like hot cakes and there are only about 300 available. Good money earner by the club as they are every month or so. £10 a ticket (includes hotpot) plus the bar sales all add up.
    I wouldn't have minded it myself, would have been good to see James Graham again.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Thanks Stu,if you see any more can you mention them on Redvee as I spend more time on here than the club site!
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection

Longy is the type of character every dressing room needs, I don't care what level you play the game there has to be an element of fun involved.

Great appointment

Another interesting point that came out last night was how well Adie Gardner is doing. He is a hard taskmaster by all accounts. It was also interesting the views of Ian Pickavance who actually looked fit enough to play. He was asked if he would have had a go at Flower in the Grand Final and He reckoned that Matautia and Sonny Nichol would have got there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
    Another interesting point that came out last night was how well Adie Gardner is doing. He is a hard taskmaster by all accounts. It was also interesting the views of Ian Pickavance who actually looked fit enough to play. He was asked if he would have had a go at Flower in the Grand Final and He reckoned that Matautia and Sonny Nichol would have got there first.
    I spoke to Pickavance a few weeks ago through work and we got talking about Flower. He gave a much less diplomatic answer than that!

The next one is Jan 21st and Ade Gardner is one of the guests. Mike Bennett was the MC last night but usually it is Alan Rooney. Both are very good.

I said the same to my mate. He looks like you could put a shirt on him and put him back in the pack. Massive arms on him and looks like he still really looks after himself

Learning All The Songs

Yes , and I bet Gardner would of buried or planted Flower as well !

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Yes , and I bet Gardner would of buried or planted Flower as well !
    Most likely have plucked him

Got A Season Ticket Offside Monkey's Avatar

Another interesting point that came out last night was how well Adie Gardner is doing. He is a hard taskmaster by all accounts.
    Someone, I think on the other site, criticised the appointment of Gardner to the S&C team. He knew of someone else who had applied for the job and was much more highly qualified, but was over looked for Ade.
    "Jobs for the boys" was stated. However, Ade is just an assistant to the head of S&C and so his main role will be "The Big Stick" to get the boys pushing as hard as possible in the strength and fitness sessions. A former player who can still show them how its done may well be the best personality for this sort of thing.

That's exactly as it was explained last night (not the jobs for the boys) He is not only pushing the younger players but also the experienced.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Great to see all the positive comments about Long's appointment.
    Agreed. Looking forward to see what he brings to us on the pitch. Nice to hear Ade is fitting in well too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Cheers for that.

I miss most of them but this one I spotted mentioned on Twitter and so grabbed a ticket and went. It was great to see Jammer again. He looks very fit and healthy. His tan really suits him. He was really funny at times as was Flash. It was a good night and lots of people were there.

In The South Stand

I thought Jammer on Wello was funny about that!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    You are obviously correct on the bar sales point. But all monies raised from ticket and raffle sales, go towards sending the juniors to Aus.