Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Season Ticket - How many games ?

Noooobie

Default Season Ticket - How many games ?

I've tried a search but was inundated with lots of different answers.

Basically, I want to know if I buy my season ticket how many games does it actually guarantee for Langtree Park.

And if all goes well what would be the max number and I suppose what could be the worst number.

Sorry if it's been answered a thousand times but I couldn't find it.

Cheers
    Paul

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bluepaul View Post
    I've tried a search but was inundated with lots of different answers.

Basically, I want to know if I buy my season ticket how many games does it actually guarantee for Langtree Park.

And if all goes well what would be the max number and I suppose what could be the worst number.

Sorry if it's been answered a thousand times but I couldn't find it.

Cheers
    Paul
    Guaranteed 14 possibly 15 if we finish in top 4

Got A Season Ticket

I know it is unthinkable to most, but should Saints finish outside of the 8 then the numbers would be exactly the same 15 max 14 min - but I am not too sure how the home and away fixtures are decided in the 2nd tier of 8. So there is no scenario that you can drop below 14 games.
    Only if Saints finish 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th or 12th in the straight league stage will the number of home games not be 15.
    Last edited by st. etrigan; 30th October 2014 at 18:20.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

11 home games in the first phase guaranteed. Then the split occurs so it's guaranteed 3 more at home in the 8's phase, 4 if we finish in the top 4 after phase 1. If we finish in the bottom 4 after phase 1 (!) then we'll have 4 home games against the likes of Leigh, London and Wakefield.

So, your season ticket covers a minimum of 14 home games, maximum 15. And although the dates for the 8's phase have been released in the fixtures, we won't know till maybe a few weeks before which of those 7 weekends we'll be at home on.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Got A Season Ticket

Just found this on the super league site - hadnt seen how the home and away fixtures were determined before

"How is the fixture schedule for the Super 8s determined?
    The Super 8s fixtures are produced using a merit formula which rewards teams for the consistency and excellence of their results in the regular season. The higher a team finishes after 23 rounds, the more favourable their fixtures in the Super 8s are. For example, the team that finishes 1st will have home games against the teams finishing second and third, and be away to the teams that finished in 7th and 8th.

As with the regular season, the scheduling of fixtures will be determined by a range of factors, including the fairest balance of alternate home and away games for all clubs, stadium availability and broadcast preferences.
    How are teams ranked on the grid?

In Super League, teams are ranked 1 to 8 based on finishing positions after 23 rounds.

In The Qualifiers, teams finishing 9th and 10th in the regular Super season are ranked 1 and 2, and teams finishing the regular Championship season 1st and 2nd are ranked 3 and 4. Super League clubs finishing 11th and 12th are ranked 5 and 6, and Championship clubs finishing 3rd and 4th are ranked 7 and 8

The fixture list is produced using the grid below:"

rank home Away
    1 2 3 5 6 4 7 8
    2 3 4 6 7 1 5 8
    3 4 5 7 8 1 2 6
    4 5 6 8 1 2 3 7
    5 6 7 2 1 3 4 8
    6 7 8 3 1 2 4 5
    7 8 1 4 2 3 5 6
    8 1 2 5 3 4 6 7
    Last edited by st. etrigan; 30th October 2014 at 12:59.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It's explained here.

http://www.extraordinaryrugby.com/

Just left click on the every minute matters.

"The Lone Ranger"
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 30th October 2014 at 14:32.

Redvee at its best. Well done chaps.

Noooobie

That's great thank you

Just need to justify to the Mrs spending 3-4 hours getting there on Thurs/Fri night on the M6 !

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It's explained here.

Just left click on the every minute matters.
    Actually that doesn't agree with the extract from the superleague site above - it has 9,10,11 and 12 from super league showing as 1,2,3,4 in the qualifiers 8
    They would be 1,2,5,6

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Actually that doesn't agree with the extract from the superleague site above - it has 9,10,11 and 12 from super league showing as 1,2,3,4 in the qualifiers 8
    They would be 1,2,5,6

It does.
    Have a look at the second column in the Super 8 Ranks part.

It has Superleague teams (9 & 10) in positions 1 & 2 with Kingstone Press Championship teams (1 & 2) in positions 3 and 4
    Then Superleague teams (11 & 12) in positions 5 & 6 with Kingstone Press Championship teams (3 & 4) in positions 7 and 8

"The Lone Ranger"

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It does.
    Have a look at the second column in the Super 8 Ranks part.

It has Superleague teams (9 & 10) in positions 1 & 2 with Kingstone Press Championship teams (1 & 2) in positions 3 and 4
    Then Superleague teams (11 & 12) in positions 5 & 6 with Kingstone Press Championship teams (3 & 4) in positions 7 and 8

As usual there is nothing straight forward - there is a link to download the every minute matters guide - on that it shows them differently than on the infographic - I hit that link