Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jamie Lyon Signs... Extension at Manly

Default Jamie Lyon Signs... Extension at Manly

Manly chairman Scott Penn said that club captain Jamie Lyon would see out his distinguished career at the Sea Eagles.

Lyon has signed a contract extension, meaning he will be at the Sea Eagles until at least the end of the 2016 season.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ugh?CMP=twt_gu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rudders View Post
    Manly chairman Scott Penn said that club captain Jamie Lyon would see out his distinguished career at the Sea Eagles.

Lyon has signed a contract extension, meaning he will be at the Sea Eagles until at least the end of the 2016 season.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ugh?CMP=twt_gu
    Fair play to him, I for one will never forget those 2 seasons he had with us, the best player I've seen in the red vee (I'm 27 so didn't see big mal play)

Learning All The Songs

So he lied to us all then he said he'd be back????????????

Got A Season Ticket Gerrard Bridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Fair play to him, I for one will never forget those 2 seasons he had with us, the best player I've seen in the red vee (I'm 27 so didn't see big mal play)
    I'm 53 and did see Mal play .... even so , Jamie Lyon is the best player I've seen in the Red Vee !!

Got A Season Ticket NewJerseySaint's Avatar

Head and shoulders above any player I've seen in the redvee..... and I'm an old git🙊

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Did none of these people Ever Saw The Great A.J. Murphy the Greatest Ever Saints Player & (in My Opinion the Best In The WORLD) & that's from a Great Vollenhoven Fan.

Starting A Programme Collection

jamie is up there with the best. a pleasure to watch him.

Thankfully it's been put to bed. He was never coming back, the same way Ronaldo won't come back to Utd. I once saw a text from him to someone (who I won't name) and it said he loved his time here but we couldn't get near what he now earns due to the salary cap over there compared to ours.

We can now move on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Tom Vol View Post
    Did none of these people Ever Saw The Great A.J. Murphy the Greatest Ever Saints Player & (in My Opinion the Best In The WORLD) & that's from a Great Vollenhoven Fan.
    His opinion too.I don't think you can compare players from different eras,Murphy would be knackerd after 20 minutes(I know he is 70 odd) if he still did the training he did in the 60 /70's but if he was able to have all the benefits players have today, i have no doubt he would be a great player in this era.

Banned

probably the best i'v seen for saints, he looked like the fat kid who always got picked last but wow, could he make things happen and very rarely got caught once through a gap.

no real surprise that he's not coming back, why would you if someone is still offering top money at home?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Tom Vol View Post
    You have just named my two best players in a single sentence. Though I do think Lyon was a great player. The number of times we were struggling and he made something happen was incredible.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Was a pleasure to watch him in a Saints shirt. Incredible player.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection WindsorSaint's Avatar

At their best, we've had so many great players at Saints in their prime. Jamie was certainly one of them there is no doubt, but with the likes of AJM, Tommy Vol, Vinty, Mighty Mal, Scully, KC, Newlove etc, I'm not sure he was THE best!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard Bridge View Post
    I'm 53 and did see Mal play .... even so , Jamie Lyon is the best player I've seen in the Red Vee !!
    Both great players and lucky to have seen them

IMO Big Mal had the greatest impact. 28 tries was it at a bout 1 a game and many handed on a plate to Sean Day and others. 2 trophies and should have been more and thrashing Wigan in the Lancs Cup final at Central Park never to be forgotten. Also brought Vievers as a makeweight to the deal and he didn't do badly either did he

Think Mal was the superstar in that team wheras Jamie Lyon had quality all around him

To be honest not sure returns work out well. Would rather remember them both as heroes than have had it tarnished by someone finishing off a career