Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Wheeler to Warrington

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Default Gary Wheeler to Warrington

1 year deal

What a charmed life he leads...
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-le...elens-for-2015

Why has it taken so long to come out? If the rumours are to be believed Mylers's off to Hull KR on a season long loan.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

physio department?
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    physio department?
    They need a mannequin....he fits the bill
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

Got A Replica Shirt

I can't believe that saints have let Gary join one our arch enemies Wire sign Wheeler they should have stood by him and showed my loyalty to the man

Quote Originally Posted by manners View Post
    I can't believe that saints have let Gary join one our arch enemies Wire sign Wheeler they should have stood by him and showed my loyalty to the man
    Your loyalty??

"winning the go-forward"

don,t worry he will hardly play for them let alone against us

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

He's 25 and due to injury has never managed more than 12 games in a single season for us. His time is up and if another club wants to waste cap money on someone who spends the majority of the time injured then let them. He doesn't exactly light the place up when he plays either. It's a shame because he always had potential but I can't see it ever being fulfilled.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

I was a big supporter of Gary, I really thought he had just as much as Tomkins. However I was wrong. I hope the lad makes it with Wire.

Noooobie

Good luck to "weetabix wheeler" always thought he was really good think one of his best games was against wire 1st game of the season pairing with walsh just hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the .....

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g19agy View Post
    Good luck to "weetabix wheeler" always thought he was really good think one of his best games was against wire 1st game of the season pairing with walsh just hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the .....
    Gary wheeler bit us a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

It will be interesting to see if Warringtons fitness people can do the trick .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I presume this is a wind up.

Good luck to him, but 73 games in six seasons, never played more than 14 in a year, you can't question saints' loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I presume this is a wind up.

Good luck to him, but 73 games in six seasons, never played more than 14 in a year, you can't question saints' loyalty
    3 seasons too long. Has stolen a living.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

The fact Wire have offered him just one season suggests they're not that confident in him either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Warringtons fitness people can do the trick .
    If the Warrington staff can keep him fit and he only misses a few games, does that mean their is something wrong in the Saints camp when it comes to injuries n getting them fit.

Learning All The Songs

start a poll on how many games he will play for them

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    If the Warrington staff can keep him fit and he only misses a few games, does that mean their is something wrong in the Saints camp when it comes to injuries n getting them fit.
    Or does it mean that being forced out of his childhood club lead to Wheeler finally getting his backside in gear and start to do the things he is supposed to ...

Learning All The Songs

I wouldn't really blame St.Helens' physios etc. He's had all sorts of different injuries so it's not down to one exercise they're making them do. Plus how much has come from actual contact in games? If a lot of his injuries have then you can't really blame them, that's just bad luck.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Would certainly be another big question mark to go along with Eastmond (who doesn't seem to struggle as he did with us) and the annual Saints injury crisis.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Some people just fall on their feet in their lives. I'd have suggested Swinton would have been a better fit. Mind you, we said that about Matty Smith!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Some people just fall on their feet in their lives. I'd have suggested Swinton would have been a better fit. Mind you, we said that about Matty Smith!
    Whatever your opinion of Wheeler is, to come on in the aftermath of the Grand Final in a cheap attempt to belittle him, mock him and knock everything he hasnt done is a cross between pathetic and moronic.

From 2008, when all Wheeler did was fall down, Gary Wheeler put his hands up to be removed from the pitch on a routine basis. We have all learned a hell of a lot from him that we can take away and apply to our own lives when trying to earn money for doing •••• all. Whilst he played no part in the end of the season run-in, (or the start or middle for that matter) he did have a great 20 minutes against Wigan once before being taken out; he has done a great job not just with the ball, but in leadership and teamwork without it.

I've seen better players in my life and I've seen better leaders, but in the 15 games that he has played in 7 years he has done enough to deserves better than a thread that is merely aimed at getting people to laugh in his face.

Pathetic!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I think the thread is to say 'we won't miss him',which we won't.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    I think the thread is to say 'we won't miss him',which we won't.
    What is worrying for him, is that the deal with Wire seems to be on a pay as you play basis, if the stories are true.