Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jon wilkin

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Really?

The fact he keeps chirping up with more rubbish is more disturbing imo. Grammar or not he comes across as a complete tool.
    The reality is that I only speak English, a little French and smatterings of Spanish, Italian and Hindi. I've tried Google translate but that doesn't help so I've not be able determine whether the content is rubbish as well as unintelligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    I think you should be very careful, when you start to complain about grammar and spelling, your posts are going to be scrutinised by the grammar/spelling police from now on, and also one has to remember that some people may have been diagnosed with dyslexia.
    You live by the sword, you die by the sword. As far as dyslexics are concerned, perhaps they should be kept away from such forums in the same way as you shouldn't let a cross-eyed person get hold of a loaded AK-47 and let them try to be a sniper.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    You live by the sword, you die by the sword. As far as dyslexics are concerned, perhaps they should be kept away from such forums in the same way as you shouldn't let a cross-eyed person get hold of a loaded AK-47 and let them try to be a sniper.
    dikchead
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Agreed - having dyslexia does not equate to having no opinion or a propensity to extreme intelligence. I know some very wealthy people with dyslexia.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EwloeSaint View Post
    Agreed - having dyslexia does not equate to having no opinion or a propensity to extreme intelligence. I know some very wealthy people with dyslexia.
    dyslexia or not pal, i think its pretty petty when folk start pulling one another on the presentation of their posts. it winds me up
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Kept away??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

So back to the original thread and after reading all of the posts on here I come to the conclusion that JW is a very good second row and worth his place in the squad.

Any one with a problem on that can buy me a pint in the Gerrard and I will explain why you are wrong.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

The reality is that I only speak English, a little French and smatterings of Spanish, Italian and Hindi. I've tried Google translate but that doesn't help so I've not be able determine whether the content is rubbish as well as unintelligible.

Your eloquence is only matched by your conceit

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Your eloquence is only matched by your conceit
    I thank you and hope that your rare use of a trisyllabic word did not cause any shortage of oxygen to your brain.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Back Row Singer View Post
    Another thread titled Jon Wilkin, another chance for the Tottenham Whopper to rekindle his agenda.

10 days after arguably our greatest ever final triumph, you just couldn't make it up with some people...

Have accusations of "Wilkin-lovers" and "Better supporters" been branded about yet? What about Wilkin's salary? (He must upload all of his pay cheques online for all to see). Can we have some comparisons with the 2012 statistics of Andrew Dixon again please! Comedy gold

He's here......the chap who only ever pops up whenever anyone questions Jon Wilkin. It's a curious thing.

It has been noted that you still have no answers to the Dixon stats, that I posted months ago, conclusively demonstrating that Wilkin's incredible defensive contribution is a huge myth (compounded further by Saints' performances since Wilkin's injury, which have really finished any kind of argument that his defence is some kind of stand out effort).

I've no idea how much he's paid; however common sense and a look at Saints' squad suggest he certainly isn't on peanuts.

Thanks for the abuse. Regular as clockwork, another Wilkin lover that can't argue with the facts and so resorts to the default option of throwing crap around. So far, defences for Wilkin include his 'good looks', his eloquence, the fact we won the Grand Final last week (I have no idea what that has to do with anything except showing how little we need Wilkin) and abuse. I'd say it's pretty obvious that the Wilkin lovers are on shaky ground but hey, we already knew that !

Bloody Hell. What is up with everyone? I am quite new to this site and thought I would join to contribute to forum topics. My views may or may not be agreed with by all, but I hoped those that disagree would do so with intelligence and reasoning. I in return, should do the same, maybe using a bit of fun and harmless banter along the way.
    OK some rate Wilkin, others do not. That is fine, have your opinions argue your corner, but can't we do it without slagging off each other, as in my mind once you start slagging off, you have lost your argument.
    The first sign that you are losing a discussion is when you start moving the thread away from the original topic.
    Starting to point out spelling errors, grammar etc does nothing to enhance this thread. We all make spelling, grammar mistakes. As long as I can understand the thread I don't care if a comma is missed etc.
    I understand that I have in this thread, not talked about Wilkin, but I just needed to say what I needed to say.
    I want to contribute to threads, but these constant, IMO childish responses are boring and annoying and life is to short. If I want to listen to childish, boring people I will go and watch Wigan play...( that last bit was banter ).
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    we won the Grand Final last week (I have no idea what that has to do with anything except showing how little we need Wilkin)
    In the same way we don't need Walsh or Burns?

Learning All The Songs

I thank you and hope that your rare use of a trisyllabic word did not cause any shortage of oxygen to your brain.

Such eloquence and indeed sophistication. The boy done good.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I cannot believe that what Flower did was able to generate 4 pages on this site, while slating one of our own players is already up to 5.
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Bloody Hell. What is up with everyone? I am quite new to this site and thought I would join to contribute to forum topics. My views may or may not be agreed with by all, but I hoped those that disagree would do so with intelligence and reasoning. I in return, should do the same, maybe using a bit of fun and harmless banter along the way.
    OK some rate Wilkin, others do not. That is fine, have your opinions argue your corner, but can't we do it without slagging off each other, as in my mind once you start slagging off, you have lost your argument.
    The first sign that you are losing a discussion is when you start moving the thread away from the original topic.
    Starting to point out spelling errors, grammar etc does nothing to enhance this thread. We all make spelling, grammar mistakes. As long as I can understand the thread I don't care if a comma is missed etc.
    I understand that I have in this thread, not talked about Wilkin, but I just needed to say what I needed to say.
    I want to contribute to threads, but these constant, IMO childish responses are boring and annoying and life is to short. If I want to listen to childish, boring people I will go and watch Wigan play...( that last bit was banter ).
    Seconded, thirded and fourthed. Hope that was all grammatically correct.

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

Perhaps we should have a poll! Suggest:
    For John Wilkin
    Against John Wilkin
    Couldn't care less about John Wilkin.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I cannot believe that what Flower did was able to generate 4 pages on this site.
    and half of them were f*****s defending him and blaming Lance

I would say it's a lot more than presentation and a gross insult to those who do have dyslexia. I appreciate it may not have been the writer's original intention but if deemed to be offensive by anybody with it then it's not right. If you look at any of my previous posts you will find I neither comment on peoples grammar, syntax or other matters with respect to the use of the english language. After all as you say, it would be sad to do so.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by EwloeSaint View Post
    I would say it's a lot more than presentation and a gross insult to those who do have dyslexia. I appreciate it may not have been the writer's original intention but if deemed to be offensive by anybody with it then it's not right. If you look at any of my previous posts you will find I neither comment on peoples grammar, syntax or other matters with respect to the use of the english language. After all as you say, it would be sad to do so.
    It is sad, and usually done by people who either can not engage in an intelligent discussion or are diverting attention elsewhere after their views have been exposed as a little silly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Oh Christ sorry DD has spoken I take everything back.
    Well done. You know it makes sense.

Just for the record, though, I'm far from being in the Jon Wilkin Fanclub, but nor is he anything like as bad as you paint him out to be.

I'll ask you this, though; when his career is over, I want you to ask a cross section of Saints players from 2002 to the present day what position they rate him in a '1 to whatever ' list of all of the Saints players they played with during that period. Just do me that one favour will you?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    He's here......the chap who only ever pops up whenever anyone questions Jon Wilkin. It's a curious thing.

It has been noted that you still have no answers to the Dixon stats, that I posted months ago, conclusively demonstrating that Wilkin's incredible defensive contribution is a huge myth (compounded further by Saints' performances since Wilkin's injury, which have really finished any kind of argument that his defence is some kind of stand out effort).

I've no idea how much he's paid; however common sense and a look at Saints' squad suggest he certainly isn't on peanuts.

Thanks for the abuse. Regular as clockwork, another Wilkin lover that can't argue with the facts and so resorts to the default option of throwing crap around. So far, defences for Wilkin include his 'good looks', his eloquence, the fact we won the Grand Final last week (I have no idea what that has to do with anything except showing how little we need Wilkin) and abuse. I'd say it's pretty obvious that the Wilkin lovers are on shaky ground but hey, we already knew that !

I've got to make the point again. Even if everyone on here agreed with you, it wouldn't make any difference because people who run the club disagree with you.

To clarify further, these Jon Wilkin lovers you speak about are HIS EMPLOYERS.

So again even if you somehow managed to get the whole forum to agree with you, then all you have succeeded in doing is wasting everyone's time because the club have been 'over rating and over paying' him now for YEARS.

You really need to let it go.