Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: A Changing Of The Guard?

Default A Changing Of The Guard?

After what can only be described as a wonderful, up and down rollercoaster of a Saints season ending in ultimate victory, could we be seeing a possible new dawn for Saints, with an end to the Wigan domination for a few seasons?
    If you look at all sports there appears to be cycles of success, Man Utd to name just one. Are you as a Saints fan confident that the next few seasons could see us dominate again?
    Discuss
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

Hope so. Leeds will always be there or there abouts tho

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    After what can only be described as a wonderful, up and down rollercoaster of a Saints season ending in ultimate victory, could we be seeing a possible new dawn for Saints, with an end to the Wigan domination for a few seasons?
    If you look at all sports there appears to be cycles of success, Man Utd to name just one. Are you as a Saints fan confident that the next few seasons could see us dominate again?
    Discuss
    Wigan domination? They won it last year and previous to that it was 2010. Hardly domination. It's Leeds that have been the dominant force for the past few years.

We have everything in place now to be successful. A great squad for next season, a young ever improving team and more importantly the resources to now compete and pay transfer fees. The stadium is now making money and puts us in a fantastic position. The future looks increasingly rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Wigan domination? They won it last year and previous to that it was 2010. Hardly domination. It's Leeds that have been the dominant force for the past few years.

We have everything in place now to be successful. A great squad for next season, a young ever improving team and more importantly the resources to now compete and pay transfer fees. The stadium is now making money and puts us in a fantastic position. The future looks increasingly rosy.
    I understand I overstated the Wigan domination, but wanted just to set ball rolling more about Saints or another team controlling the trophies for more than the odd year.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection

Everything points to saints becoming the dominate team however you cannot discount the other teams. The whole league is getting closer which can only be a good thing for everybody in it.

I'd say the future is looking far better for us and although its been hard in recent years with playing at Widnes, coaches being sacked, outstanding players leaving etc all the time, money and blood invested is now paying dividends

Starting A Programme Collection jefmeister2004's Avatar

Prefer it when no team is dominant, makes games far more interesting. The squad assembled now and mentality practically puts us back on a par with pies, wire and loiners, a top signing would give us the edge.

In The South Stand

Well the 2 half backs are going to be like 2 top class signings now, in 1995 I was saying this is a good young team going to get better, the same applies now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    Everything points to saints becoming the dominate team however you cannot discount the other teams. The whole league is getting closer which can only be a good thing for everybody in it.

I'd say the future is looking far better for us and although its been hard in recent years with playing at Widnes, coaches being sacked, outstanding players leaving etc all the time, money and blood invested is now paying dividends
    I agree I have heard it's( Warrington's year) next season ,if not deffo the year after.

Noooobie

The future is bright; the future is Red V! Things are looking good for the immediate future. Certainly, Leeds have been the dominant side in recent years, but many of their key players are over the hill and I believe a rebuilding period will be on the cards. I don't see Wigan getting any better than they were this season. I think the real danger is the Wire. They play a good brand of rugby and are well coached. Although they have lost a couple of players, they have made a good signing in Daryl Clarke. I can see some epic battles with them at Langtree and the HJ. However, I am very optimistic for our club.

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Saints Will Dominate as we did 2014. As Meaty Sang 2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

im just chuffed we have a real 6 coming to the club. if we can avoid injuries (for a change) we will be the top team.
    i can see burns having a great season on the field wedged in between walsh and lomax on his outside. we will be very threatening out wide
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Wigan domination Bless........

Saints should be favourites for all three trophies next season for me.

We have the biggest pack in the league, the best half back pairing and a quick, creative group of backs. Leeds are another year older and should 'hit the wall' shortly IMO; everyone has had another year to figure out Wigan's systems and the spotlight will be on their behaviour like never before; Warrington still don't have an organiser and I can't see threatening Saints when it comes down it whilst everyone else is just fodder.

We have a real chance to go on another run of success now. They should have a taste for it. Look around the SL, there's nothing to fear from anybody.

In The West Stand

We should be confident, we've won 2/3rds of what is on offer with our first choice halfback and fullback out.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    I agree I have heard it's( Warrington's year) next season ,if not deffo the year after.
    I actually do think they'll be there or there about. I'll hesitate to say it's their year though.

I'd like to see another forward come in, we are losing 3 and gaining one and we dont have the greatest injury record. The likes of Thompson, Richards and maybe Savelio look good but I wouldn't mind a more experienced one to lighten the load.