Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you feel the love

No point in them coming back,if they beat us next year and they come on they will get crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    No point in them coming back,if they beat us next year and they come on they will get crucified.
    But that is half the fun. I dished it out good and proper last week to my Wigan friends and family and I would expect them to do the same.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    But that is half the fun. I dished it out good and proper last week to my Wigan friends and family and I would expect them to do the same.
    A colleague of mine has a new name - Humble Pie - that it will take a while for me to get bored of using. She did claim that Wigan would batter us at the GF!

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    Yeah,but did you get told to f### off to St Helens every time you said anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Yeah,but did you get told to f### off to St Helens every time you said anything?
    No I didn't, but that may be because I don't live in St Helens!!

To be fair, I don't recall any of the goons on here being offensive. Maybe irritating and trolling but nothing more than that.

If they ever came on they got slaughtered.

What has surprised me is that I know a quite a few people who are fans of various RL teams other than Saints and Wigan. All of them have expressed how glad they were Wigan lost.
    Also a few others who are not RL supporters and just watch the Gf & CC etc all said they wanted Saints to win.
    Now I am not from St Helens, buthave lived in Haydock for many years and 'fell in love' with Saints over a period of years and now a season ticket holder and admit I lack a bit of the real history between the two clubs, but am surprised how much Wigan are generally disliked by others. Are they the Man Utd of rugby league?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    What has surprised me is that I know a quite a few people who are fans of various RL teams other than Saints and Wigan. All of them have expressed how glad they were Wigan lost.
    Also a few others who are not RL supporters and just watch the Gf & CC etc all said they wanted Saints to win.
    Now I am not from St Helens, buthave lived in Haydock for many years and 'fell in love' with Saints over a period of years and now a season ticket holder and admit I lack a bit of the real history between the two clubs, but am surprised how much Wigan are generally disliked by others. Are they the Man Utd of rugby league?
    It's rare that a neutral will say anything positive about Wigan. In general it stems from their sheer arrogance in the 80's and early 90's when they were winning everything. The way that the entire club and 99% of their fans conducted themselves simply made the rest of the rugby league world hate them. They didn't have an ounce of class or dignity about them and unfortunately that attitude is bred into the Wigan fans of today. They are horrible losers, but they are even worse winners.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    There was a group of Catalan fans further down from me in the Stretford End last weekend who were going just as nutty as us Saints fans when the final whistle blew. We'd knocked them out of the play offs but they were there supporting us!

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Banned

Wigan fans to be fair tend not to have a real nasty element. This has generally been confined to Wire Fev and the Hull clubs. However it is hard to argue that in the eighties they attracted fans with a bandwagon mentality.

I think they averaged about 4k in the early eighties and it was great going there win or lose. Then over a short period that trebled and a bit more and that is were they changed as a club. Uncle Maurice was the driving force and history tells you his legacy! Lots of success but boom and bust.

In The South Stand

A bloke I know said to me, I am a Warrington fan and I never thought I would be shouting for Saints to win.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    A bloke I know said to me, I am a Warrington fan and I never thought I would be shouting for Saints to win.
    No matter where you go or who you talk to about rugby everyone hates wigan

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Rule of thumb...

A. B. W. Anyone But Wigan
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13