Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/28687286

Kris Radinski must get tired of having to make statements of apology for his players behaviour.
    Thanks. I knew that the player had been banned but couldn't be bothered to check his name. More importantly, I'm pleased that you recognised to which "second tier SL club" I was alluding.

Noooobie

Does a banned player still receive their wages during the period of the sanction?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    And a big welcome back to our friend from the little town of Pedantry, Johnnyl.

You never really get rid if him. You keep him forever, like luggage.
    Im just happy to help. You appear to have a problem with the decision and I have provided you with the advice on what you can do about it.

Good luck with it.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Im just happy to help. You appear to have a problem with the decision and I have provided you with the advice on what you can do about it.

Good luck with it.
    I stated I would have liked 2-3 more games personally, meaning I, like plenty of others, feel the ban isn't quite enough. To say I 'have a problem' with the decision isn't quite the same is it? Although having crossed swords with you before I'm aware you like to interpret things in a certain way then make blunt, provocative responses in order to allow you to regale us with your breathtaking pedantry, the sort that resides at the very apex of all that is absolute patience-testing w@nk.

For future reference, if I require your advice I will ask.

Welcome back.
    Last edited by MancSaint; 15th October 2014 at 18:44.

In The West Stand

This bloody punching episode has now taken a more sinister turn. It seems that GMP are looking into death threats aimed at Flower, I would presume they have come via social media sites.

Got A Season Ticket chesterxiii's Avatar

I agree Buddy, this type of journo is the reason I no longer read daily papers. Lazy, ill informed and a following of like minded readers. The other daily papers are the same. I doubt any of these people actually watched the game, just looked at the YouTube clip and joined the crowd. I think he's the first to include steroids though, very inventive eh? You could put that into any story about almost any sport. Football, union, hockey, any athletics etc, etc.

Anyway, the cocaine fuelled journalist,wrote a pathetic, libelous piece, on a sport about which he knew nothing.
    See, it's easy!
    Last edited by chesterxiii; 15th October 2014 at 20:57.
    Am I a glass half full type of person? Yes ! But every now and then, some bugger knocks my drink over!

"If you are an alien, then how comes you sound like you're from the North?"
    "Lots of planets have a North !"

In The West Stand

I stated I would have liked 2-3 more games personally, meaning I, like plenty of others, feel the ban isn't quite enough. To say I 'have a problem' with the decision isn't quite the same is it? Although having crossed swords with you before I'm aware you like to interpret things in a certain way then make blunt, provocative responses in order to allow you to regale us with your breathtaking pedantry, the sort that resides at the very apex of all that is absolute patience-testing w@nk.

For future reference, if I require your advice I will ask.

Welcome back.
    ahh....you've met me.

For future reference most accusations of pedantry that are thrown my way follow a similar pattern. It goes like this..

1)I write something that someone doesn't like
    2) They get in a tizzy, and respond making all kinds of baseless accusations, mostly because they have assumed things and are foaming at the mouth with rage.
    3) I point out that I haven't actually said any of the things that I have been accused of.
    4) Person realises this but hasn't got the basic intelligence to admit it and therefore insults me with all that they have left,which is calling me a pedant.

I'd prefer to call it accurate, correct or thorough though I can see why it tests people patience.

If you want my advice if you read with an aim to understand rather than to respond then you will spend less time making interpretations for me. HTH

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    This bloody punching episode has now taken a more sinister turn. It seems that GMP are looking into death threats aimed at Flower, I would presume they have come via social media sites.
    Its all a little bit sad isnt it.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Does a banned player still receive their wages during the period of the sanction?
    I'd imagine so and cant see why not.

Noooobie

If a banned player still receives payment during the period of his sanction, what is the point?
    He personally will not be affected by any ban, apart from suffering the ignominy of his actions.
    In other words, get a lengthy ban, still get your pay and get on with your life.
    Some justice!!

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    ahh....you've met me.

For future reference most accusations of pedantry that are thrown my way follow a similar pattern. It goes like this..

1)I write something that someone doesn't like
    2) They get in a tizzy, and respond making all kinds of baseless accusations, mostly because they have assumed things and are foaming at the mouth with rage.
    3) I point out that I haven't actually said any of the things that I have been accused of.
    4) Person realises this but hasn't got the basic intelligence to admit it and therefore insults me with all that they have left,which is calling me a pedant.

I'd prefer to call it accurate, correct or thorough though I can see why it tests people patience.

If you want my advice if you read with an aim to understand rather than to respond then you will spend less time making interpretations for me. HTH
    Dear me.

All very interesting I'm sure, but none of it applies to my original post and how you responded to it.

1) You wrote something that had no factual basis, only your assumption.
    2) I assumed nothing, no tizzy or foaming, but thanks for asking.
    3) I quoted you. Fact.
    4) I have much more than 'pedant' left.

If you're unsure, re-read and have a few moments of quiet reflection.

Again, I don't want your advice. You should spend less time interpreting me; but please feel free to deal with the facts and offer your opinion.

You're a very provocative man,-but for the life of me I have no idea why.

Let's leave it there, I have no wish to derail a thread .

In The West Stand

Dear me.

All very interesting I'm sure, but none of it applies to my original post and how you responded to it.

1) You wrote something that had no factual basis, only your assumption.
    2) I assumed nothing, no tizzy or foaming, but thanks for asking.
    3) I quoted you. Fact.
    4) I have much more than 'pedant' left.

If you're unsure, re-read and have a few moments of quiet reflection.

Again, I don't want your advice. You should spend less time interpreting me; but please feel free to deal with the facts and offer your opinion.

You're a very provocative man,-but for the life of me I have no idea why.

Let's leave it there, I have no wish to derail a thread .
    a perfect example of what I was talking about. Had you took my advice and "read to understand"rather than "read with a view to reply" then you would have seen this bit "most accusations of pedantry that are thrown my way"

And from that you would realise that was talking generally and not specifically about your example and you would have saved yourself from responding to accusations towards you that in reality I simply have not made.

HTH

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    If a banned player still receives payment during the period of his sanction, what is the point?
    He personally will not be affected by any ban, apart from suffering the ignominy of his actions.
    In other words, get a lengthy ban, still get your pay and get on with your life.
    Some justice!!
    I'd imagine that he will suffer in many ways, you have named one to kick off with. Other examples may be loss of professional pride, boredom, loss of form, loss of a negotiating position for his next contract / club. I'd also imagine that Wigan also suffer from having salary cap going to someone who isnt playing.

Ultimately the club could have sacked him if they wished not to pay him.

Noooobie

There is the individual and there is the game
    He was so out of order there is a line to draw
    The first stiff arm in back play was the clue to his mentality or that of his coach
    Bobbie got eight games
    Can we compare the two

Noooobie

Default Brings game into disrepute

It seems much praise in many unusual quarters to the SWIFT ACTION BY RFL deservedly so.

However I am surprised the WIGAN CLUB where NEVER mentioned in the adjudication on one of their senior players whose attitude and behavior seemed to be FUELLED by the KNOCK THEM OUT COMMENT by SADLY A THUGGISH BRITISH COACH for all to see on a recent oft repeated SKY PRODUCTION

WIGAN'S by awarding a THREE YEAR CONTRACT TO A COACH who had openly advocated VIOLENCE FROM HIS PLAYERS is surely questionable.

On a plus note the ACCEPTABLE face of WIGAN ( KRIS RADLINSKI ) was at the Disciplinary Hearing and was rewarded by promotion to the BOARD of DIRECTORS.

As a long time SAINTS supporter like many others WIGAN where not my favourite team but we had RESPECT and sometimes ENVY of them.

NOT ANY MORE SORRY TO SAY

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Is your caps lock sticking?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Is your caps lock sticking?
    One of the things that seems to have been forgotten in this debacle is the negative publicity for the game. There has been much discussion about the actual incident itself and who was to blame for what etc and how he should be punished.

An equally significant issue for me is that in our grand final effectively one of our 2 showpiece games of the year, flower did what he did and brought disgrace on our game. I would add that ourselves at Saints have not been squeaky clean in the past with Long and Gleeson etc.

I would say that ultimately as a club we gained from this incident, however the bigger picture would say that the game of rugby league is the loser

We do not need yet another thread on this.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    One of the things that seems to have been forgotten in this debacle is the negative publicity for the game. There has been much discussion about the actual incident itself and who was to blame for what etc and how he should be punished.

An equally significant issue for me is that in our grand final effectively one of our 2 showpiece games of the year, flower did what he did and brought disgrace on our game. I would add that ourselves at Saints have not been squeaky clean in the past with Long and Gleeson etc.

I would say that ultimately as a club we gained from this incident, however the bigger picture would say that the game of rugby league is the loser

This is the problem.

Sunday's papers were full of double page spreads on the GF, yet when you actually read them, you'd have been lucky to have got half a page's worth of actual game report. It was all about the 2nd minute.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Default Flower banned

Wigan have today fined him 50% of his wages for 3 months and a further 3 months suspended. Powerful statement from Lenaghan too.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/upda...d-final-punch/

They had no option. Wigan are media savvy so know that they need to show they are not condoning his actions. They don't want to lose their 'media's favourite team' tag. It has taken a lot of work to get to be the 'golden boy' and Flower has dented it.
    I wonder if the media might move allegiances towards Saints, now we have a British Coach who is a legend etc?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Wigan have today fined him 50% of his wages for 3 months and a further 3 months suspended. Powerful statement from Lenaghan too.

So in reality he is being paid 3/4 of his normal pay for not playing ?
    Last edited by french and conlon; 21st November 2014 at 13:24.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Thumbs up

Cleaver move by Wigan as they're desperate for money anyways to help cover the rent.

Hopefully this'll be the last we hear of the incident until next year when we see Mose snap him in half.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    Cleaver move by Wigan as they're desperate for money anyways to help cover the rent.

Hopefully this'll be the last we hear of the incident until next year when we see Mose snap him in half.
    Is this one of Sean Wane's new tactics for the new season? Tackle using the "Cleaver move"?

Given all the rubbish surrounding Sheffield United at the moment, it is good to see that a sports club knows what gross misconduct is!!!

Credit where credit is due to Wigan.

Wigan Athletic have made the back page in London today with their allegedly racist backroom staff and Chairman. You can understand why Wiganers see Lenegan as an improvement on Whelan.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.