Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sky sports idiots I mean commentary team

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    how many times did stevo say "we must pay credit to wigan" ????

you don't say stevo!! you have done, numerous times throughout the game!!!
    Were Wigan a man down? I think the commentary team played it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It's probably not the first time they had the complaint, hence the copied & pasted reply

Well that serves you right for watching it!!
    Lol your not wrong

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Splitpuddin&gravy View Post
    You can make a difference....

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-leagu...ts-rl-coverage

I didn't start it, just seen it yesterday on Facebook ha ha
    Was the WiganSaints banter page on FB

Got A Season Ticket Splitpuddin&gravy's Avatar

I'm not sure, the link was just posted by one of my mates having a rant about sky commentary

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_DAB View Post
    Slightly foolishly I wrote a drunken rant to Sky on Sunday morning re my perception of Wigan bias both of the content and personnel. Here is the reply

Dear Dave
    Many thanks for your e-mail and we can only apologise for you feeling like this. However, we can ensure you that we do choose the best people who we believe will provide our viewers with the best insight and expertise.
    We ask all of our analysts and commentators to be fair, balanced and impartial and we are delighted to offer a great mix of current and ex-players.
    Although a lot of our analysts have played for Wigan they have also had stints with other clubs. Barrie McDermott for example spent most of his career with Leeds and is on the coaching staff there, Terry O’Connor played for Salford and Widnes and Brian Carney also played for Gateshead, Hull and Warrington. We also believe all our other analysts give a fair and balanced critique of their former clubs, such as Phil Clarke with Wigan and Jon Wells with Castleford, Wakefield and London.
    These are some of the best, most experienced people in rugby league with a wealth of knowledge at club and International level and are well qualified to discuss all aspects of the game. If their journey has taken them via Wigan then there’s nothing we can do about that and want to make sure you are aware that our selection process is always balanced and considered.
    As well as Sam Tomkins who is a great young star currently playing in the NRL, we have invited a young St. Helens player to be involved on Saturday and are waiting to hear confirmation.
    We hope you can continue to enjoy our coverage for what should be a fascinating Grand Final.
    Kind regards
    Linzi
    Viewer Relations
    What an utter load of rubbish. Have signed the petition. Hope it may make Sky take a bit of notice [fingers crossed!!]

ONCE A SAINT, ALWAYS A SAINT

It's gone up quite a lot since this morning. It was created in July, had only 100 signatures for a while then increased to 170 before I posted that this morning.

Today alone it's gone up to nearly 250 so quite a lot signed it today. If you really want it to work hammer it on social media, seems not many people are sharing it. Tweet people like Dr kockrash on Twitter, the fake stevo & RL disaplinary. They have lots of followers so if you get some good retweets you could get 1000 signatures for little effort.

I just thought it was funny, all those serious petitions about war, environment, racism.... Change of sky sports RL presenters ha ha

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Was the WiganSaints banter page on FB
    signed.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitpuddin&gravy View Post
    It's gone up quite a lot since this morning. It was created in July, had only 100 signatures for a while then increased to 170 before I posted that this morning.

Today alone it's gone up to nearly 250 so quite a lot signed it today. If you really want it to work hammer it on social media, seems not many people are sharing it. Tweet people like Dr kockrash on Twitter, the fake stevo & RL disaplinary. They have lots of followers so if you get some good retweets you could get 1000 signatures for little effort.

I just thought it was funny, all those serious petitions about war, environment, racism.... Change of sky sports RL presenters ha ha
    Signed with my Wigan Home Address on it!!

Learning All The Songs

Personally don't have much of an issue with Phil Clarke. Jon Wells and Carney are excellent and I have plenty of time for Barrie Mac. However Stevo has to go - he talks absolute rubbish too much of the time and for me he is the one to be replaced. Think everything else is an overreaction. The real issue is how is the commentary viewed by the wider viewing public. Sky will be more interested in that that than the parochial comments of some of the games supporters no matter what we think. As far as Sam Tomkins goes Sky can't win. He was probably the games highest profile player in this country. Sadly lost to the NRL Sky have kept his face in the public domain and the game can only benefit from his profile. It is not as if too many of our current players are readily recognised by the wider public apart from Ben Flower of course.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

When I first watched the Sky coverage, not knowing the outcome of the game, I found Clarke's input slightly biased. On second viewing, however, his comments seemed more reasonable and fairly well balanced. What was annoying was the constant orgasmic references by Eddie and others to the fact that Wigan had only 12 men (possibly countered only by someone - Clarke? - pointing out that the loss of Hohaia was perhaps more costly. I'll have to re-watch as it may have been someone else who said it or I may have picked that up from some other medium).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I can see some of the more balanced comments here but it's not just in the GF it has been all season in all televised Wigan games.The balance has to be seen to be corrected in my view.The analysis needs to be modified and the commentary from EH and Stevo needs sorting.The refs get more right than them!
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    When I first watched the Sky coverage, not knowing the outcome of the game, I found Clarke's input slightly biased. On second viewing, however, his comments seemed more reasonable and fairly well balanced. What was annoying was the constant orgasmic references by Eddie and others to the fact that Wigan had only 12 men (possibly countered only by someone - Clarke? - pointing out that the loss of Hohaia was perhaps more costly. I'll have to re-watch as it may have been someone else who said it or I may have picked that up from some other medium).

Likewise, I only watched the game back on YouTube and thought the same.

Stevo is a nice bloke in person when you meet him but he talks some bollocks on tv. I thought Clarke was ok this week, maybe the letters to sky and the rugby am parody are making him look at himself and the way he comes across to other teams fans. Like you have pointed out though my view on this could have been different because I already knew the outcome of the game.

What rugby am parody?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    What rugby am parody?
    It's on Premier sports, the segment is called dupaleague - the link is below - don't know if Clarke is on this bit but when he does Clarke it's Wigan,Wigan,Wigan

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IY61-PtV6GM

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...arliament.html

Honoured by Parliament would you believe ¬!!!!

Nice for dear old Ray French though
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs

Never listen to the commentary but I thought the visual coverage excellent. There seems to be far too many regular pundits involved now and as pointed out most with Wigan connections. It would be nice for other geographical area's to have some regular representation. I am talking Cumbria, East Yorkshire and some of the weaker SL side's.

Sometimes Cullen and Kear are on but it is rare. I saw the report,good to see their adopted son in the picture with them.

Got A Season Ticket RobyGerrard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I've just had a very enjoyable couple of hours watching the Sky coverage for the first time since last week.
    I can confirm that Eddie & Stevo were creaming themselves over Wigans wonderful 12 man effort comparing Flower's dismissal to losing a leg of the horse.
    To Clarke's credit he said losing Hohaia was like losing the horse's head & overall he was very complimentary & magnanimous to Saints.
    McDermott, O'Connor, Carney & Wells were also very fair & reasonable.
    Any respect I had for Stevo went when he started prattling on about how disadvantaged Wigan were for McIlorum being injured not mentioning the lack of Lomax, Walsh & Wilkin for Saints.
    He did say the achievement of winning the final without a half-back was "amazing" but you could tell this was said through the most gritted of gritted teeth.

Got A Season Ticket RobyGerrard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    WE conceded 18 points in 3 play off games. No 1 one SKy mentioned that, a fantastic defensive effort. The best side won because a) we kept our heads abd b ) most importantly we scored more points . The Wigan mafia on sky can moan till the cows come home, the fact is we won the match and are the grand final champions
    I can confirm this fact as well & you are spot on. Our defensive effort was brilliant!