Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sky sports idiots I mean commentary team

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I will never, ever listen to Sky commentary again. Radio or silence for me from now on. It's just terrible, not just the bias it's just plain circus commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never listen to these morons anyway, always have radio on. Refuse to be preached at by a bunch of biased overpaid self opinionated wannabees with the collective iq of a breezeblock.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Noooobie

Clarke should be sacked for Wigan bias. Steve should be sacked because he is too old and not with the modern game, so stale. Eddie should be sacked for the same reasons. I thought Barry McDermott was (and usually is) very accurate and unbalanced. He took Saints to win and by the correct score. Wells isn't a bad analyst either, but the continual Wigan fest must stop. Fancy having Tompkins involved..it was embarrassing.
    I believe Wane has refused to seriously condemn Flower and Wigan will take no action, and Wane said they could have won with "mickymac" and Flower on the pitch...so Saints would have hammered them with our injured players on the field. It all shows Rugby League in such a poor light to the world. The pies must not be allowed to run RL just because they won a few trophies recently. Watch Saints go now!

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    That was always a pathetic call. Bringing in Tomkins an ex wigan player who's brother was playing when they are playing their biggest rivals.
    Was Joel Tomkins playing last night? You could have fooled me and a couple of pie eaters I know haven't been impressed by his return either. And he's been picked for GB!!!! You couldn't make it up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

When Sam tomkins pre match is the highlight of the broadcast (which i actually thought was very good) it tells you all you need to know about the coverage

Absolutely disgraceful broadcast from WiganTV last night.

The whole broadcast was geared up for a Wigan praise-fest, once Flower had gone they tried their damndest to make out it was the greatest performance in the memory of man from poor 12 man Wigan.
    At one point they slated Flanagan for kicking it dead, then praised Wigan when knocking on for trying in vain.
    Eddie even said it was a "shame" that Wigan wouldn't be able to play Souths in the WCC.
    Every comment was from a Wigan perspective, it took them until the final 2 minutes to offer any recognition of our achievement.
    The attempt at condoning/defending Flower at half time must be a new low even for $ly sports.

A panel that consists of a heavy Wigan bias in any broadcast is poor, to then draft in Rat Boy, in a Saints Wigan Grand Final, with no attempt at impartiality is deplorable. Having said that, it gave me great pleasure hearing them struggle to muster the enthusiasm to congratulate us. I also took great pleasure in notifying them of my displeasure on social media.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Agree with all that but I watched the game this morning and thought the broadcasting skills (I.e. Use of cameras)was fantastic- they really used every angle to capture the atmosphere and the crowd reaction superbly.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Oi you,I think you sir have a forfeit!
    Remind me?

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Agree with all that but I watched the game this morning and thought the broadcasting skills (I.e. Use of cameras)was fantastic- they really used every angle to capture the atmosphere and the crowd reaction superbly.
    True. The technical coverage and format of the programmes are always excellent but this commentary team are well past their best. Stevo is tired, Eddie has ran out of any new hyperbole and metaphors and I've lost all respect for Clarkey who seems to have lost his way this year. Sky need new blood - and soon.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful broadcast from WiganTV last night.

The whole broadcast was geared up for a Wigan praise-fest, once Flower had gone they tried their damndest to make out it was the greatest performance in the memory of man from poor 12 man Wigan.
    At one point they slated Flanagan for kicking it dead, then praised Wigan when knocking on for trying in vain.
    Eddie even said it was a "shame" that Wigan wouldn't be able to play Souths in the WCC.
    Every comment was from a Wigan perspective, it took them until the final 2 minutes to offer any recognition of our achievement.
    The attempt at condoning/defending Flower at half time must be a new low even for $ly sports.

A panel that consists of a heavy Wigan bias in any broadcast is poor, to then draft in Rat Boy, in a Saints Wigan Grand Final, with no attempt at impartiality is deplorable. Having said that, it gave me great pleasure hearing them struggle to muster the enthusiasm to congratulate us. I also took great pleasure in notifying them of my displeasure on social media.
    They, Carney I think, did a walking down the middle of the pitch interview with Tomkins and Lomax on either side before kick off! Think that was the only Saints input pre match though?

Starting A Programme Collection

When flower was sent off I believe Clarke said it is now an even game ,only big baz and John wells worth listening to

Noooobie

Quite right. Clarke said Wigan would win and win big! Eddie (Waring) kept commenting about how brave Wigan were, for gods sake, if you employ thugs and wind them up you deserve what you get. No comment about how brave saints were having to move top English wing to full back and add a 36 year old (?) to the halves... on top of the injury list of key players. No constant reminder that the poor kicks may be due to the fact that these guys were doing their best as our only recognised half had been taken off. Saints deserved the win, Saints were courageous playing a strong team, just about at full strength (with all those English international players) and seemingly playing the bookies, the media and SKY.

Got A Season Ticket

You can tell the way the Sky team feel about it that all they say about Saints was "they found a way to win". It's always "they".

When talking about Wigan it's always Wigan this and Wigan that.

Only a small thing but psychologically very revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    You can tell the way the Sky team feel about it that all they say about Saints was "they found a way to win". It's always "they".

Only a small thing but psychologically very revealing.
    It just makes the win sweeter , knowing they were all cheesed off. The wigan Mafia will take months to get over this .

Learning All The Songs

Let's not forget decking the pitch out as a Wigan kit before kick off

Got A Season Ticket Stockport Saint's Avatar

It was well into the second half before anyone suggested that we had been disadvantaged by loosing our only half-back! Much worse to play without a prop even if you have someone to fill in from the bench.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stockport Saint View Post
    It was well into the second half before anyone suggested that we had been disadvantaged by loosing our only half-back! Much worse to play without a prop even if you have someone to fill in from the bench.
    That's correct, iirc Clarke mentions it in the 63 minute.

Starting A Programme Collection SodIt the Hedgehog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    "The Wigan Club" is the one that gets me, usually from Carney.

Got A Season Ticket

Commentary was a Wigan W@nkfest of the highest order.
    Idiots also kept mistaking Manu for Turner.
    Then Phil Clarke called Lance 'Ohio'.
    YCMIU really

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by terry tibbs View Post
    this. it's getting to the point were i'm actually embarrassed by the game.

SKY(enough said), shocking officals, the RFL, thick, hollier than thou fans, boring tactics.
    SKY I believe are completely revamping their SKY production,with some new presenters coming in,they are getting rid of Backchat which i believe is a mistake,The RFL to be fair staged a fantastic Grand Final and have tried to revamp the comp for next year,Bentham was ok yesterday had the balls to send Flower off he could have bottled it and placed him on report.Boring tactics we found a way to win.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Just watching super league show, Davies at least gave us some credit pre match, suggesting we could cause a massive upset

Not got up to the commentary yet

Got A Season Ticket chesterxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Though they went on about Wigan a lot, they gave us a lot of credit for acheiving what we have with the injuries to key players that we've suffered and after being written off by everyone (including them). Clarke especially talked about how well we'd done without halves.
    I think it was only when they really had no other choice.
    Am I a glass half full type of person? Yes ! But every now and then, some bugger knocks my drink over!

"If you are an alien, then how comes you sound like you're from the North?"
    "Lots of planets have a North !"

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Just watching super league show, Davies at least gave us some credit pre match, suggesting we could cause a massive upset

Jiffy actually picked us. I was gobsmacked.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

I thought the SL show coverage was very good and usually is. Their presentation during the World Cup was top notch.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

John Wells actually highlighted at HT Flowers catching Lance BEFORE the high forearm in the lead up to the red.

Saw Tanya Arnold before the game waiting for the team to arrive. Very tasty looking, but she still talks like hers balls have dropped!!
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Sky had to change the script on 65 mins as Saints clearly hadn't read it ! And to have that little s***e Tomkins ready to interview the winning team was an absolute farce and turned into a Ricky Gervais comedy it was cringeworthy.There must be a gooners bias somewhere up in Skysports.But so glad they got their backsides kicked.
    Learned comment from The Don