Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Will the weather make a difference?

Got A Season Ticket

Default Will the weather make a difference?

As I sit here, on the wrong side of the lump, listening to the rain hammering down and an iffy forecast for tomorrow, will it favour us?

In The South Stand

Possibly. But to be honest our forwards dont have the best of records when it comes to ball retention even when its dry. So who knows. So many variables in this game its really hard to predict. One thing is for sure, our forwards need to go to war tomorrow.

Learning All The Songs

Bbc weather app for tomorrow says dry all day. Shower at 5 sun out at 6

Got A Season Ticket

Met Office has rain at 3pm and downpour at 5pm. Other forecasts show 50% chance of rain.

In reality its going to be damp conditions at best, its put that much rain down and it will be dewy and damp at 6pm on an October night regardless

Starting A Programme Collection

I would say it favours neither team. Some of our forwards seem to have problems keeping hold of the ball in dry conditions let alone in the rain. Wigan have got hands in and around the ball in all their tackles so I would say to play at our best we need it dry if possible. You could argue that wet conditions will make it harder for the pies to play an expansive game which may benefit Saints given the width of the pitch at old trafford. We will each have our own opinion on this, but the bottom line is our team we will have to deal with whatever conditions the weather throws at them.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

I don't think the weather either way will be the difference between the two. For me the aggression, desire and more expansive game is what gives Wigan a massive edge. I think rain would help us more than them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

we have wigan to beat. its going to be tough rain or no rain. if we are good enough to win i don't think the weather will matter much
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I don't think the weather either way will be the difference between the two. For me the aggression, desire and more expansive game is what gives Wigan a massive edge. I think rain would help us more than them though.

Surely you have sought help from on high, no not Anfield or Stamford Bridge or even Sky Sports I'm talking the big guy or woman as no one has ever seen him/her who created the earth in 6 days (pity about the M60 works has he/she had no input).
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Surely you have sought help from on high, no not Anfield or Stamford Bridge or even Sky Sports I'm talking the big guy or woman as no one has ever seen him/her who created the earth in 6 days (pity about the M60 works has he/she had no input).
    If only The Lord could be brought into such matters.