Thread: Ref for Saturday

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Default Ref for Saturday

Is Phil Bentham

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Is Phil Bentham
    Probably the best of a very bad bunch

I expected this. I hope he doesn't allow the constant lying on in the tackle as he did last Friday, it could ruin it as a spectacle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    I expected this. I hope he doesn't allow the constant lying on in the tackle as he did last Friday, it could ruin it as a spectacle.
    Friday wasn't ruined as a spectacle, the best game of the season by a mile.

Saints lie on as much as anybody else. Both of your playoff games have proven that

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post

Saints lie on as much as anybody else. Both of your playoff games have proven that
    Over 60 missed tackles and over 20 errors in a semi final by apparently the two greatest teams the world of RL has ever had the privilege of seeing (one of which hasn't been champions in over half a century).

Real high quality.

That's not true and you know it! Wigan are accomplished wrestlers and they've used it to perfect their defence! If that is allowed on Saturday it could ruin it as a spectacle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Over 60 missed tackles and over 20 errors in a semi final by apparently the two greatest teams the world of RL has ever had the privilege of seeing (one of which hasn't been champions in over half a century).

Real high quality.
    It was an exciting game,but very poor in quality rugby,Obrien running behind his own player sums it up for me,that cost Warrington the match.
    I don't get this we have no chance,if we were playing an exceptional team i could understand it,Wigan are certainly not that,Castleford in the Challenge Cup can testify to that.
    I don't go along with our injury crisis either though ,we have lost Lomax (who wasn't the player he was last season)Wilkin who has suddenly become a great since he was injured,obviously Walsh is a big miss,but we beat Wigan at their rented ground without him for a long period of the match.
    I think whatever the pundits say this is a 50 50 match,its a local derby with the Super League grand final trophy on the line, i guarantee we will be up for it and those smug Pies who think they only have to turn up to win,will be in for one hell of a shock COYS.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    He let Wigan, Liam Farrell especially, get away with murder v Warrington. With and without the ball he gets away with it far too often.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He let Wigan, Liam Farrell especially, get away with murder v Warrington. With and without the ball he gets away with it far too often.
    I used to think of Farrell as half decent player but changed my opinion of him after Friday, and some recent games if IIRC. Ridiculous holding and forearm in the face etc. Clearly coached as such.

Got A Season Ticket

Wigan are just out and out cheats in all aspects of play and when the opposition give it to them back that is when the bully boy thugs come in like mc ilorum and o loughlin. Best third tacklers in the game. We've nothing to fear from that lot and will show it on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    I used to think of Farrell as half decent player but changed my opinion of him after Friday, and some recent games if IIRC. Ridiculous holding and forearm in the face etc. Clearly coached as such.
    He's a updated sanitised version of Mick (Third in) Cassidy

Not as much of a S**thouse as McIlorum but a real Grub.

Got A Season Ticket

After all they get away with Wane still moans and says he can't say what he really wants to. I still don't know what he could be referring to with that comment.

Starting A Programme Collection

How can you tell what has been the best game of the season when you only go to finals?

Starting A Programme Collection WindsorSaint's Avatar

Happy to have Bentham over Silerwood or Childs (not that he stood a chance).

Would like to see him blow up early on slow 3/4 man tackles and 3rd/4th man flops which Pies got away with loads on Friday. Also O'Loughlin with the constant holding shoulders and pushing shoulders when the tackle has been complete. All very negative defensive tactics that help them get on the front foot, but in my mind are illegal and ruin the flow of the game (and yes, I know that's what they're trying to do).

If however, they get away with a few we need to fight fire with fire and do exactly the same, just like we did at their place in June (with the same 17 except Walsh & Wilkin)

In The South Stand

As long as we do the same as them and as long as Bentham is consistent in refereeing the ruck, a slow game will suit us down to the ground IMO. We are not going to win an game that turns into a free flowing try-fest, so slow and steady is fine for me.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Noooobie

James Child is reserve ref… can someone deliver some LemSip and cotton wool/bubble wrap to Phil Bentham's house please

Learning All The Songs

he`s a shocker, 80 minutes of tedium coming up

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    As long as we do the same as them and as long as Bentham is consistent in refereeing the ruck, a slow game will suit us down to the ground IMO. We are not going to win an game that turns into a free flowing try-fest, so slow and steady is fine for me.
    the weather is not going to be very good, p***ing down apparently that we will be a leveller and be more advantageous to the saints bigger pack i feel we are in for a win on saturday and wouldn,t fear anything wigan have to offer, we have better,------ a good kicking game would keep them at bay, despite no walsh, we do have 3 or 4 players who can deliver good kicks COYS

Got A Season Ticket

Nope - best game by far this season was Wigan v Castleford in the cup

Got A Replica Shirt

Learning All The Songs

Welcome to 1pm this afternoon

Got A Replica Shirt

I knew my clock was out , new battery required

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

The ending was dramatic, I'll give you that. The overall standard of the rugby on show wasn't particularly wonderful. You should work for SKY with hyperbole like that.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The ending was dramatic, I'll give you that. The overall standard of the rugby on show wasn't particularly wonderful. You should work for SKY with hyperbole like that.
    Out of order YG don't mention work to the lad you will have him falling off the couch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    Out of order YG don't mention work to the lad you will have him falling off the couch.
    You obviously don't know me as well as you think you do