Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reasons why we can win the Grand Final

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It's a two horse race, and a derby. Anything can happen.
    As a Wigan fan I'm hoping for good weather.
    Very polite, you been on the sauce this evening?!

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    as long as we give a good account of ourselves i will be happy. i think we will.

the way we bent over in the 2010 final was pathetic. i hope to god we play better than we did that night
    And this is it pal.
    I have to say, for me the performance is more important than the result (although of course a win would be nice.)
    We've lost to the Pies in a Grand Final before, I'll get over it again.
    But.. If we don't turn up and give it everything, frankly I can't stomach that.
    Last edited by MancSaint; 6th October 2014 at 22:02.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    And this is it pal. I have to say, for me the performance is more important that the result (although of course a win would be nice.) We've lost to the Pies in a Grand Final before, I'll get over it again. But.. If we don't turn up and give it everything, frankly I can't stomach that.
    no me neither mate. that 2010 final was shocking
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

My reason why we can win; is it not just our turn?!!! COYS!

Noooobie

We can win as it's one game and anything can happen!!
    If we have the right attitude to defend like we have been doing in the play-offs, not give away stupid penalties and soft tries, and not make silly mistakes then that's half the battle.

I know we've had some poor performances at times this year, but there's also been some gutsy ones too - the pick being beating Leeds at home with half a team (6 first-teamers out) and Wigan away.

We're playing a team that's only won once in Yawkshire all year - and that was back in May against a poor Hull FC side!

If we get stuck in and up in Wigan's faces, stop O'Loughlin & Green from controlling the game then we will do it.

Let the so-called experts keep talking Wigan up so they hopefully get even more cocky than usual - it happened with Saints at Murrayfield in 2002, so we owe them one!!
    They ALL said we wouldn't beat Castleford 3 weeks ago, let alone get back to Old Trafford - and look what happened!

I'm backing Saints to win 16-8 with Kyle Amor winning the Harry Sunderland Award in his first derby.

SO ALL YOU SAINTS FANS GET DOWN TO OLD TRAFFORD TOMORROW AND SING LOUD AND PROUD FOR THE LADS - THIS IS WHEN THEY NEED US MOST!!

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Just have the best kicking game EVER. Do a leeds,like Leeds did against us many times. Be boring, just kick the ••••er and force the error, and come away with a drop goal every time, 17 times means we win 17-0

EASY THIS
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    no me neither mate. that 2010 final was shocking
    Ye, watched it on GF Gold last night (hard to bear I know) Our defence was absolute bobbins. Different story this year completely and noticeably better players in now.

Starting A Programme Collection

As much as we miss Lomax at fullback,I'm glad he's not in the halves. He never worked there for me.
    I think we have more chance with this system.

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

All we have to do is kick Wigan to death,in both senses,if it takes 'dirty' tactics & play to win this one off game so be it !

Got A Season Ticket

For the first part of the game, fight for our lives to get to our feet from the inevitable holding down tactics of Wigan. Get seriously in the ref's ear about it, crowd go crazy about it and FORCE an early penalty.

Of all the stats in the game I'd like to see how many times a game that's tight for 15-20 minutes is won by the team that gets the first relieving penalty. If we don't get the early penalties that we WILL deserve when playing a returning kicks set, the frustration builds, the mistakes come and we know the rest.

I don't like it being this way but the ref has a huge influence on the outcome of a game -not necessarily with howlers, just by allowing a team a fraction too long set after set

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    Just have the best kicking game EVER. Do a leeds,like Leeds did against us many times. Be boring, just kick the ••••er and force the error, and come away with a drop goal every time, 17 times means we win 17-0

EASY THIS
    I certainly wouldnt be against a game plan that included solid defence and taking every 2 on offer, as well as taking a few one pointers here and there! That may actually force wigan into throwing a few passes that werent in their game plan and causing a few errors.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post

EASY THIS
    Do this and add in the odd 'curve ball' , like when the Pies kick off kick it straight back to them and let them bring it out off their 20 (ala NRL GF 1990- our old mate Royce Simmons kicks off , Laurie Daley fields it and kicks it straight back)

Banned

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    You missed 6). We have Super Lance, ready to deliver the performance of his life
    In some ways, he very much did...