Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel Shortlist

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorSaint View Post
    I'd like to see Peacocks minutes next to Robes!
    As a prop was the point. Like to compare them to Masoe and it would be shameful.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sonny nick View Post
    As a prop was the point. Like to compare them to Masoe and it would be shameful.
    Seeing as how Mose was injured when he arrived and missed games at the start of the season, plus the fact he should really be used as an impact player for 15-20 mins a half, not 60 mins + a game like Peacock does would make your comparison a bit stupid really

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

You've really got an issue with masoe haven't you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)

Got A Season Ticket

Harkens to the other thread regarding us not producing quality backs... 4 MoS contenders , 4 forwards... Not a back in sight.....

Quote Originally Posted by wakey_saint View Post
    Seeing as how Mose was injured when he arrived and missed games at the start of the season, plus the fact he should really be used as an impact player for 15-20 mins a half, not 60 mins + a game like Peacock does would make your comparison a bit stupid really
    Where was the impact at Huddersfield when our other prop got sent off. LMS out performs him and he's basically a second rower. Dozie doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    You've really got an issue with masoe haven't you.

Maybe a tad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Where was the impact at Huddersfield when our other prop got sent off. LMS out performs him and he's basically a second rower. Dozie doesn't have it.
    Playing more minutes than he should be due to having a prop sent off...an impact player should be used in short bursts to lift the pack when the opposition tire (as said in my previous post ideally around 15 mins per half)...anybody who has played/has a basic understanding of the game would know that!

Quote Originally Posted by wakey_saint View Post
    Playing more minutes than he should be due to having a prop sent off...an impact player should be used in short bursts to lift the pack when the opposition tire (as said in my previous post ideally around 15 mins per half)...anybody who has played/has a basic understanding of the game would know that!
    And his impact at Huddersfield was what exactly. Your taking the famous for 15 minutes saying to a new level here.

Got A Season Ticket

And his impact at Huddersfield was what exactly. Your taking the famous for 15 minutes saying to a new level here.
    I said ideally thats how long we should be looking to use a guy like Masoe for each half (therefore making your original point about comparing his minutes to Peacock's as absolutely stupid) ...its not rocket science that a bloke with his size isnt going to be the fittest player in the team (especially after missing a full pre-season and the opening games through injury like he did) so why would anybody with any sense want him to play long minutes??

Ok so he may not have had his best game for us at Huddersfield (I aren't disputing that), so obviously that one game makes him a waste of time. Sia Soliola struggled to make an impact when we played Leeds at Headingley (apart from making a high shot he was poor that game) so thank God we are getting rid of him right??

Also not sure why you have chosen to single out Masoe for being "unfit and useless" when there is Alex Walmsley who struggles to play longer than 10-12 minutes from the start of a game and looks completely knackered when off (usually bent double on the touchline). Masoe may not be as effective playing the longer minutes as he would be in short bursts but he can last on the field longer than Walmsley!

Noooobie

Not to de-rail this thread, but I agree with sonny nick. Masoe doesn't do enough - that's the point he was making in his reference to Jamie Peacock.

He's never the first man to put his hand up to take the ball up and he's hardly ever the first man in the tackle. For a big signing, he's not done enough - injuries or not.
    Being an impact player doesn't excuse him from only taking the ball up once every other set.

Where as Alex Walmsley is the opposite - he runs his blood to water week in, week out, and will generally takes a carry every set. That's why he "looks completely knackered when off"!
    Masoe looks spent after being on for 5 minutes. Having said that, he's no Josh Perry and I expect him to get better and be more of a player next year.

For what Castleford have achieved this year, I can see Clark getting Man of Steel.

In The West Stand

Some interesting facts:

Masoe is our 8th top tackler. Walmsley is 11th. Masoes tackle completion is at 93.8%, Walmsleys is 94.1%.
    Masoe is our 6th top metre maker. Walmsley is 3rd. 8.35m per carry average for Masoe, 8.47m for Walmsley.

Walmsley comes out on top ... But there's hardly a massive difference. Give Masoe an off season and I'm sure all things considered would be even.

There's certainly not the difference for Walmsley to be put on a pedestal and Masoe get the abuse he has on this thread.

Wane not happy that the pies are not amongst the nominees!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-le...of-steel-blank

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post

The arrogance in this is staggering beyond belief - No wonder they aren't liked!

"I'm gutted for him. The four who have been picked are quality players but to not have anybody from the Wigan team is pretty strange."

Careful boys - if you were Wiganers posting comments like that, the local internet mafia would have already sized up your concrete shoes...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Careful boys - if you were Wiganers posting comments like that, the local internet mafia would have already sized up your concrete shoes...
    I think you'll find the term is sleep with the fishes, prepare another spot in't th'otties

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    The arrogance in this is staggering beyond belief - No wonder they aren't liked!

"I'm gutted for him. The four who have been picked are quality players but to not have anybody from the Wigan team is pretty strange."
    Shambolic comments from Wane yet again.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Nothing surprises with them. I read one of our resident Wiganers on another board the other day seriously suggesting that he'd have Sarginson in the centres for England. Parallel universe indeed.

Learning All The Songs

Typical Wane , cant stand his arrogance , I dislike the Wires but I hope they beat wigan this Friday !

the same man of steel which is voted by all SL players? what a d**k

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

You can guarantee Wane is using it as a motivation tool for Matty Smith. Whilst Wane is annoying and arrogant, he's good at the motivational side of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    the same man of steel which is voted by all SL players? what a d**k
    Exactly! You can understand a difference of opinion with a person or persons but not with the entire Superleague playing roster! Arrogance and lack of respect in bucket loads!

Starting A Programme Collection WindsorSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post

It's simple really Wane, he didn't get enough votes from the players playing against him week in week out.

I would suggest the reason why no Wigan players have been short listed is due to the fact they are a very good 'team' who work hard for each other, but man for man they don't stand out on an individual basis (maybe O'Loughlin is the exception to this IMO, but hasn't played enough games to be considered). Danny Lockwood suggested on Backchat that the committee have the abilty to add to the short-list if they feel a player has excelled and should have been named on that list. They obviously didn't feel any of the Wigan team deserved to be selected.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorSaint View Post
    It's simple really Wane, he didn't get enough votes from the players playing against him week in week out.

I would suggest the reason why no Wigan players have been short listed is due to the fact they are a very good 'team' who work hard for each other, but man for man they don't stand out on an individual basis (maybe O'Loughlin is the exception to this IMO, but hasn't played enough games to be considered).
    Correct.
    Roby or Peacock for me. Some eye - catching performances from Clarke but still got a bit of work to do to be considered in the same breath as the other two. Big fan of Hill but would be surprised if he got it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Nothing surprises with them. I read one of our resident Wiganers on another board the other day seriously suggesting that he'd have Sarginson in the centres for England. Parallel universe indeed.

Know you don't rate him but would have him at Saints. In fact I'd swap him right now for Jones, Dawson and Wheeler.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Know you don't rate him but would have him at Saints. In fact I'd swap him right now for Jones, Dawson and Wheeler.
    I'd have him at Saints also. He'd be decent competition for Turner or an able back up for Percival. I think comparisons with Wheeler (on his way out) and Dawson (squad utility back up) are probably fair enough. My main point is that suggestions that he could ever possibly be an international centre provide further evidence of the levels of delusion involved with Wiganers.