Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: gaming

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I didn't like Fallout 3 - gave up after about 12 hours as nothing had happened - and Fallout 4 sounds like the the same game with very slightly better graphics

As with Fallout 3 lot's of people are reporting bugs, crashes and general problems
    Didn't like 3 for the same reason, but I thought 4 was superb

I'm still playing Fallout 4,most of the DLCs have been good as well. I'm looking forward to October when Mafia 3 is out.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigo12 View Post
    I can't say I'm massively excited by it. I will probably pick it up somewhere down the line. Has anyone seen anything of "For Honour". I participated in a technical test last night and I have to say it's a stunning game. Complex but not too much so, and extremely rewarding. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Ive played a few hours of it tonight and really enjoyed it. It feels absolutely epic in scale. Great so far
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Can't wait to get home tonight and get on No mans sky!
    Goodbye my life!!
    Hope you didn't get it on pc. It's an absolute shambles at the moment, shocking that it's been released in the state it's in. I've been keeping a really close eye on it and certainly what we're my thoughts seem to be being borne out by many. Where's the game? Its a technical achievement for sure, but they went too far down that alley for me by creating a game that largely want ever be seen by anyone.

I can't say I'm massively excited by it. I will probably pick it up somewhere down the line. Has anyone seen anything of "For Honour". I participated in a technical test last night and I have to say it's a stunning game. Complex but not too much so, and extremely rewarding.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Cod with the swords. Looks lovely but those games just don't give me value for money.

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Ive played a few hours of it tonight and really enjoyed it. It feels absolutely epic in scale. Great so far
    Not looking good for No man's sky and the devs so far. Gone from bad to worse since release day. Anyone get a chance to try the Battlefield 1 beta before the servers got DDOS'D? Hoping to get a couple of hours tonight.

"When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

Ive played a few hours, game is smooth and the graphics are impecible. Servers have been shocking though as you have mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Ive played a few hours, game is smooth and the graphics are impecible. Servers have been shocking though as you have mentioned
    These game companies always underestimate with the servers,GTA V a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    These game companies always underestimate with the servers,GTA V a perfect example.
    I believe this was a DDOS attack on the servers as opposed to them not being prepared for a high enough volume of players.

Downloading the latest patch for elder scrolls online. One tamriel looks smart

Downloading the latest patch for elder scrolls online. One tamriel looks smart
    Not even looked at that game for a long time.

Not even looked at that game for a long time.

Not many do. It gets a lot of hate haha. Plenty folk like it though. I like it. The new patch makes all of Tamriel available to roam, play with any race or alliance, challenge friends to one on one scraps, buy a house etc. It looks good.
    And now its always at your current level so no mission will be too easy or too challenging. Understandably not everyone is happy about that.

Not many do. It gets a lot of hate haha. Plenty folk like it though. I like it. The new patch makes all of Tamriel available to roam, play with any race or alliance, challenge friends to one on one scraps, buy a house etc. It looks good.
    And now its always at your current level so no mission will be too easy or too challenging. Understandably not everyone is happy about that.
    Just didn't feel like elder scrolls to me and the melee combat was so basic. Still playing witcher 3 and have been for months, 3rd playthrough. I guess I will buy skyrim remastered for xbox one, but don't know when I'll play it. I may take a look at the new elder scrolls though just out of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Just didn't feel like elder scrolls to me and the melee combat was so basic. Still playing witcher 3 and have been for months, 3rd playthrough. I guess I will buy skyrim remastered for xbox one, but don't know when I'll play it. I may take a look at the new elder scrolls though just out of interest.
    Some are saying that the new update and levelling system make it feel more like a typical elde scrolls game. Some say a bit more of a Skyrim feel. Im not sure ive not got on it yet but will be later.

For me nothing in the genre comes close to Demons Souls and Dark Souls. I just wish they'd remake them for PS4 so I could complete them again

Other than maybe Resident Evil 4 they are the only 10/10 games I've ever played

I've completed those three games at least ten times each and they are still amazing now

For me nothing in the genre comes close to Demons Souls and Dark Souls. I just wish they'd remake them for PS4 so I could complete them again

I've completed those three games at least ten times each and they are still amazing now
    I blitzed Bloodborne and shelved it. Im not ever playing another From Software game. I loved Bloodborne but i was intolerable to live with for those 6 weeks. I don't want to start picking that scab again

Resident Evil 1 on the playstation was dripping with atmosphere. Absolutely fantastic game. Just got the HD reboot on ps4 on the monthly free games but haven't played it yet. I just can't stop playing witcher 3, it's ridiculous. Hands down best game I have ever played, closely followed by the last of us.

What makes Witcher 3 so good? I'm intrigued to try it

I like games that get progression spot on. You know on Souls games that if you just make the effort the rewards will come in terms of upgrades to your character. RE4 is like that too as your weaponry evolves the further you get - it really stands up to repeat play throughs

I agree about the RE1 HD reboot, it's still fantastic. People moan about the controls but they are part of the experience. I imported a boxed copy (Biohazard) for PS3 as soon as it came out

Resi 1 was epic. I was doing my work experience in yr 11 the day it came out. I got a copy from a little independent retailer in town. I couldn't put the control pad down. Beating that huge snake half way through the game limping on with no herbs or bullets. Hands sweating lol.
    Before Resi all most of knew was Mario and Sonic. Now games consoles were no longer aimed primarily at children. Games like Resi changed everything.

What makes Witcher 3 so good? I'm intrigued to try it

I like games that get progression spot on. You know on Souls games that if you just make the effort the rewards will come in terms of upgrades to your character. RE4 is like that too as your weaponry evolves the further you get - it really stands up to repeat play throughs

I agree about the RE1 HD reboot, it's still fantastic. People moan about the controls but they are part of the experience. I imported a boxed copy (Biohazard) for PS3 as soon as it came out
    You have to try it. It's one of the most well crafted games I've ever played. Decisions you make really affect the way the story plays, to the extent of a character being alive and playing further part in the story or being dead. Reactions change depending on what you have done and the story line is gripping. The game has tons of side quests and they are so detailed and scripted it's hard to believe they are not part of the main quest line. On my 3rd playthrough and just keep finding more to do. The first time I played I didn't really bother collecting the witcher gear but thus time I have and it gave me lots of new things to do. There are also multiple witcher build you can try and again these can change the way you play. Stunning game.

Resi 1 was epic. I was doing my work experience in yr 11 the day it came out. I got a copy from a little independent retailer in town. I couldn't put the control pad down. Beating that huge snake half way through the game limping on with no herbs or bullets. Hands sweating lol.
    Before Resi all most of knew was Mario and Sonic. Now games consoles were no longer aimed primarily at children. Games like Resi changed everything.
    Was it just me that s*** themselves when the dogs appear in the hallway in Res Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    Was it just me that s*** themselves when the dogs appear in the hallway in Res Evil?
    Me too. I dropped the control pad haha

Upside
    Non Members

Sensible soccer, nothing has come close since

Anyone else got Nioh? I love it. I don't think its as tough as some reviews are making out. Its tough, but never unfair and the tools too beat the bosses are always there if you play clever and manage your inventory. A great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Sensible soccer, nothing has come close since
    Best football game to date.