Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: gaming

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lihp View Post
    Not impressed they get PC users to create the players via FanHub to use on all formats. Then be looking at a 3 month delay for a PC Version of the game. Just seems wrong
    If it's not ready, what can they do? Will have been forced by the publisher. At least all the creations can be shared across all formats. Can't moan at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Got it for Wii U. What's it like on PS4 / XB1 ?

It's okay,not what I expected. Looks great though.

I started playing it on Wii U the other day strangely enough. It controls horribly, got caught by a zombie and died immediately as I couldn't climb a ladder. Mapping "run" to the left stick click function is never a good idea

I thought I'd try again and was faced with a couple of minutes of non-skippable cutscenes. Turned it off and unlikely to go back

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I started playing it on Wii U the other day strangely enough. It controls horribly, got caught by a zombie and died immediately as I couldn't climb a ladder. Mapping "run" to the left stick click function is never a good idea

I thought I'd try again and was faced with a couple of minutes of non-skippable cutscenes. Turned it off and unlikely to go back
    My biggest problem was I'd played Left 4 Dead 1 & 2,and expected it to be similar and it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    My biggest problem was I'd played Left 4 Dead 1 & 2,and expected it to be similar and it wasn't.
    I knew what to expect with it but it just doesn't play that well. I might give it another go as some people I've spoken to online have raved over it but first impressions were not good

Apparently it has had improvements since going on the other consoles, but having never played it on the WiiU I don't know.

I think the controller is a bit part of the issue on Wii U - it's supposed to enhance the experience as you can see the map and quick select your kit on the touchscreen but it's such as unwieldy, giant chunk of plastic that it makes life hard when 5 flesh eating monsters are chasing you down a corridor

I imagine it would hamper a bit in a zombie apocalypse. I paid £15 for it and it took near 12 hours to download. I think I will wait for the DLC for Dying Light for my next fight with the undead.

Default gaming

RLL3 is a step up from RLL2. They haven't sorted the control, but it's improved. Been enjoying it.

Also completed Witcher 3 and can't wait to play through it again with some different choices. What a game, sucks you right into the story like only Last of Us previously managed. Incredible, incredible game.

I loved the Last of Us,the PS4 version is almost beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    I loved the Last of Us,the PS4 version is almost beautiful.
    If you haven't played Witcher 3, you must. Also Rugby League Live 3 is much better than RLL2. It's worth a blast, especially in multiplayer.

I have got Witcher 3,but never got round to playing it as I was gripped by The Last of Us then GTA V and the Arkham Knight(which in the end was disappointing). Im not a great fan of sporting simulators...as I'm total s**t at them😁

I bought Edge's 100 greatest video games of all time earlier and was very pleased with the #1 choice

***SPOILER ALERT***

It was Dark Souls. Quite comfortably the best videogame of all time - if you've never played it I heartily recommend getting a copy

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I bought Edge's 100 greatest video games of all time earlier and was very pleased with the #1 choice ***SPOILER ALERT*** It was Dark Souls. Quite comfortably the best videogame of all time - if you've never played it I heartily recommend getting a copy
    I completed Bloodborne earlier this year. I loved and hated it. It almost split up me and the mrs because it turned me into a proper ratty bas****. I was up at 5am before work trying to defeat the bosses. Eventually i finished it and all the secret bosses so ive no reason to play it EVER AGAIN.

I recently bought Dark Souls remastered but i can't bring myself to start it. Ive heard its even tougher than Bloodborne
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I found Bloodborne pretty easy but only because I've completed Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II around dozens of times

If you can do Bloodborne you should be fine with DS. One of the major differences is that you can use a shield all the time to block hits

I would also say your equipment is more important in DS - both on defence and attack

Sorry my mistake. Ive got DS2 remastered, not the original.
    Did you complete all bosses on Bloodborne? I almost busted my pad trying to beat Martyr Logarius and Daughter of the Cosmos!!

Yeah everything fishy, got the platinum medal as did all the dungeons too

Daughter of the Cosmos took me four or five attempts though, was pretty tough. Did most bosses first attempt though including Rom with only 3 blood vials. Since went back and done them all at level 30

As I said because I've played all the Souls games repeatedly Bloodborne was an enjoyable challenge rather than a tough one. 2 of the challice dungeon bosses were rock hard though

Yeah everything fishy, got the platinum medal as did all the dungeons too Daughter of the Cosmos took me four or five attempts though, was pretty tough. Did most bosses first attempt though including Rom with only 3 blood vials. Since went back and done them all at level 30 As I said because I've played all the Souls games repeatedly Bloodborne was an enjoyable challenge rather than a tough one. 2 of the challice dungeon bosses were rock hard though
    Daughter of the cosmos took me about 50 attempts

Never really got into those two games. I borrowed them but got so into The Witcher, didn't play them. Playing through the Witcher a second time now. Just ordered Blood Bowl 2 for PS4. Looking forward to Fallout and Uncharted. In fact there's tons of cracking looking games on the horizon over the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Daughter of the cosmos took me about 50 attempts
    You did well to stick with it considering that it's a completely optional fight. It's supposed to be hard that one, that's why you have to be the aggressor and hit first to start it - sort of saying to you to leave it alone (you have to hit Rom first too but that's unavoidable as you can't carry on the game otherwise)

I've helped numerous times with Ebrietas though and I'd say on 9 times out of 10 the host dies so I wouldn't feel bad about 50 goes, some people just get a co-op in to kill it without even trying

You did well to stick with it considering that it's a completely optional fight. It's supposed to be hard that one, that's why you have to be the aggressor and hit first to start it - sort of saying to you to leave it alone (you have to hit Rom first too but that's unavoidable as you can't carry on the game otherwise) I've helped numerous times with Ebrietas though and I'd say on 9 times out of 10 the host dies so I wouldn't feel bad about 50 goes, some people just get a co-op in to kill it without even trying
    Those games are tough i don't care what anyone says lol. The AI is so varied and random and if you get it wrong the bosses can take you out in one hit!!

They are tough but you can make things a lot easier for yourself. When I first played Demons Souls about 5 years ago I couldn't beat the 2nd boss for ages - I didn't even hit it the first few times

I struggled through and eventually beat the game, with some absolutely euphoric moments after beating certain bosses. I'd do things like using a Dragon Sword (fire) against a boss made of fire and wonder why I wasn't doing any damage

Once I understood the rules of the game everything became much easier. For example on Bloodborne beasts are weak to serrated weapons (think Saw Cleaver), teamed up with a fire buff you can decimate some bosses in under a minute even at a low level. Most of this information is hidden deep inside the games systems though and takes a lot of trial and error

Ive been looking at that Divinity original sin thats out in 2 weeks. Has anyone played it??

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ive been looking at that Divinity original sin thats out in 2 weeks. Has anyone played it??
    No, but looking at what's coming out over the next 6-8 months I'm going to be broke. Way to many good looking games on the horizon.

It looks quality Rev. Have you got a PS4?