Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this saints team...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    I agree, I would say 7/10 then.

I honestly think we are a better side who are also better coached. A few months back I seriously doubted we had the quality to make the GF but the last month or so we have stepped up considerably and look like a champion side again

A full strength Wigan side would beat a full strength Saints side seven times out of ten ?!?!

You're in cloud cuckoo land. Only injuries will stop us this year. You should thank your lucky stars or you'd be back to irrelevance this year already.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post

A full strength Wigan side would beat a full strength Saints side seven times out of ten ?!?!

You're in cloud cuckoo land. Only injuries will stop us this year. You should thank your lucky stars or you'd be back to irrelevance this year already.
    Exactly. Compare the both teams and we have a better pack and with Walsh/Lomax- better halves. I would say our centres are better too but would probably give them FB and wingers if wingers were combined.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Well, we've got a better chance than Leeds!

As for Bazdev, didn't I see somewhere he'd been banned? What a pity it seems not..................arrogant muppet
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

You should think yourself lucky the injuries came when they did so you have an excuse this year. 8 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Exactly. Compare the both teams and we have a better pack and with Walsh/Lomax- better halves. I would say our centres are better too but would probably give them FB and wingers if wingers were combined.
    I don't take him seriously as I have a suspicion he's been on a mission to get himself banned since Bold was kicked off. I think he's had enough and is just goading folk nowadays.

EDIT: further evidenced by his post above.......

Banned

I would say we both have players only our own fans rate.

What I will say, for all these superstar kids you lot claim to have (Not you personally), how many of them won Grand Finals at the younger age groups? And who was it that beat them in the majority of the finals?

What I will say, for all these superstar kids you lot claim to have (Not you personally), how many of them won Grand Finals at the younger age groups? And who was it that beat them in the majority of the finals?
    You're not serious, surely ? We're now to judge the potential of young individual players by how their youth level teams got on in finals against Wigan ?!?! Are you being serious ? I hope not, that's one of the daftest arguments I think I've ever heard. Percival will never amount to much because he lost an U15's game against Wigan !!!!!

Brilliant.

Default Can this saints team...

Winning GF's at a younger age isn't the be all and end all though is it? It's about developing youngsters to progress through to the 1st team. I know that you are getting at Wigan beating us which they have done at a younger age but who remembers that in years to come?

We have blooded youngsters as have Wigan.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

It all depends which saints team turns out. Our defence is enough to keep us in big games, but our composure and attack lets us down a lot. If we can give 2 80 minute performances i cant see why we cant win it.
    Saints until i Die!!!!

Nothing says more about how brilliant this Wigan side currently is than the fact that many fans still think Saints, missing Lomax, Walsh and Wilkin, have a chance of winning the Grand Final.

Can anybody imagine how many would have given Wigan a hope in a Grand Final against Saints a few years back missing Farrell, Lam and Radlkinski etc ?

Banned

Nothing says more about how brilliant this Wigan side currently is than the fact that many fans still think Saints, missing Lomax, Walsh and Wilkin, have a chance of winning the Grand Final.

Can anybody imagine how many would have given Wigan a hope in a Grand Final against Saints a few years back missing Farrell, Lam and Radlkinski etc ?

Yeah the same people giving them a chance are the exact same people who said completely the opposite after you lost in France to Catalans. Brown out was the major thread at the time.

Wigan never get any repect on here from anybody but Reacher, who to his credit did last week after the Huddersfield game. All you get to hear is Wigan are rubbish, SL is rubbish, unless it's Saints that win. Whilst I acknowledge the bitterness/hatred between the two sides (Both ways), I think Saints get far more respect for the trophies they won in the past than we do. Should we go back to back, no doubt there will be a reason for it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

You should think yourself lucky the injuries came when they did so you have an excuse this year. 8 years and counting
    And since that GF win 8 years ago we have won 3 major trophies, you have won 4. So this all singing, all dancing Wigan side you keep telling us about have been only 1 trophy more successful than a Saints side undergoing a major transformation on and off the field and 2 seasons of ridiculously bad injuries.

Congratulations.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Wigan never get any repect on here from anybody but Reacher, who to his credit did last week after the Huddersfield game. All you get to hear is Wigan are rubbish, SL is rubbish, unless it's Saints that win.
    i'll find you a violin. you can always post on the wigan forums. im sure wigan get far more respect there. just a thought
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Since we have ALL became professional how many League titles, with or without play offs to help you there, have your lot won......that it what people remember??
    #stillthetrophyhaultobeatinSLEra and that is with our trophyless years counted!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Since we have ALL became professional how many League titles, with or without play offs to help you there, have your lot won......that it what people remember??
    #stillthetrophyhaultobeatinSLEra and that is with our trophyless years counted!
    Exactly. We can go 8 years without a title and still have more than them.

Anyway, let's bit give him any more airtime and let's stick to what Saints can or can't do this season.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Saints have done well but on a big pitch like OT and you lacking Walsh, I don't see you scoring enough points to beat us
    you do realise it could be St Helen's v Not Wigan in the Grand Final dont you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Obviously it could also be Wigan vs not St Helens, or it could not St Helens vs Not Wigan. I was just saying if it does end up Wigan vs Saints I think Wigan will definitely win

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    And since that GF win 8 years ago we have won 3 major trophies, you have won 4. So this all singing, all dancing Wigan side you keep telling us about have been only 1 trophy more successful than a Saints side undergoing a major transformation on and off the field and 2 seasons of ridiculously bad injuries.

Congratulations.
    3? Have you not only won the CC in 2007/2008?

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    I think this was mentioned by the self same a few posts back trying to cover all bases....I personally think he needs to get out a little more,mix with his own people and get a little perspective back into his tedious,small minded existence.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Banned

We We , The royal we. The average Saints fan has seen more Wigan games than you have. Yes of course you can have an opinion, it is my opinion Saints have been by far the best club to grace the game since world war 2 but I bet that opinion would not go down on other message boards.

3? Have you not only won the CC in 2007/2008?
    World Club Challenge 2007? And if we are counting the Hubcap then that's 2008 and this year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Furlongs View Post
    We We , The royal we. The average Saints fan has seen more Wigan games than you have. Yes of course you can have an opinion, it is my opinion Saints have been by far the best club to grace the game since world war 2 but I bet that opinion would not go down on other message boards.
    But would you be entitled to your opinion?

Banned

World Club Challenge 2007? And if we are counting the Hubcap then that's 2008 and this year
    Fair enough, I wasn't sure if u won it that year.

We won 2 hubcaps ourselves but I wouldn't count it being honest. But if some want to then fair enough I don't particularly care for it but it is still an achievement I suppose, although winning it and not winning the GF in 2012, is up there with my biggest disappointments as a Wigan fan.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

But would you be entitled to your opinion?
    Have you got inferiority complex?....If not,you should acquire one.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Yeah the same people giving them a chance are the exact same people who said completely the opposite after you lost in France to Catalans. Brown out was the major thread at the time. Wigan never get any repect on here from anybody but Reacher, who to his credit did last week after the Huddersfield game. All you get to hear is Wigan are rubbish, SL is rubbish, unless it's Saints that win. Whilst I acknowledge the bitterness/hatred between the two sides (Both ways), I think Saints get far more respect for the trophies they won in the past than we do. Should we go back to back, no doubt there will be a reason for it
    actually theirs very few on here who expect us to beat wigan in the grand final. YOU sir are the wiganer on a saints forum claiming you would back wigan to beat saints 10 times out of 10. then you have the nerve to complain that WE don't show wigan enough respect!!!!

you're hilarious pal. give your head a wobble
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies