Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints Vs. Castleford - MATCH THREAD

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    what have we done to upset sky?? the sky crew muppets hated every minute of tonights result lol. you could hear the distain in the commentary
    I haven't watched it yet, hopefully it will be shown here on Maori TV on Sunday but they tend to go for Wigan matches as they seem to have the most exposure here. Heres hoping that it will be on for a change.

You never know, the Sky muppets may read some of the comments here, unlikely yes, but there seems to be a general ground swell of opinion that the muppet show needs an overhaul and maybe they blame the Saints followers for this. Just another conspiracy theory....

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Back to watching on TV after being at the last 3 games. From what I saw, for once I don't think Childs was as bad as some on this thread say. The pass was definitely not forward but according to SKY it was Robert Hicks who called it forward not Child's. One of our's before that was a bit dodgy.

From the team, best performance I have seen for a while, wish they had played like that the last 3 games, or maybe I should just stay away (know I'm leaving myself open with that one). But too euphoric to care.
    I agree about Childs. Two blunders, the forward pass that never was and the penalty to Saints when the ball wasn't stripped and saints went on to score a try. But otherwise not bad, kept the game flowing and used the video ref only when needed. He gives me the impression that he calls what he sees, even if he gets it wrong sometimes. Silverwood and Bentham are useless

Roby was immense tonight but the rest of them were fired up after the initial 20 minute arm wrestle. Percival had a cracker and our young forwards Richards and Thompson got stuck in against a very big pack. By the way, I queued for two hours for my ticket and was surprised at the size of the crowd 7k plus. I won't make that mistake in a fortnight even though I enjoyed the banter for two long hours.

Starting A Programme Collection

Whole team fantastic tonight , Thompson and Richards played with great maturity , The future is very bright

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheify View Post
    Whole team fantastic tonight , Thompson and Richards played with great maturity , The future is very bright
    Thought Richards tackled everything, though everyone stood up tonight.

Got A Replica Shirt

what have we done to upset sky?? the sky crew muppets hated every minute of tonights result lol. you could hear the distain in the commentary
    Nothing new there then. Clarke is a massive weapon

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Roby was immense tonight but the rest of them were fired up after the initial 20 minute arm wrestle. Percival had a cracker and our young forwards Richards and Thompson got stuck in against a very big pack. By the way, I queued for two hours for my ticket and was surprised at the size of the crowd 7k plus. I won't make that mistake in a fortnight even though I enjoyed the banter for two long hours.
    I do like the way Percival is developing. He has great balance and protects his winger, his defence is improving all the time and he seems to have a cool head.

I agree . They didn't make a mistake all night and were fantastic in defence .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clintsmate View Post
    I do like the way Percival is developing. He has great balance and protects his winger, his defence is improving all the time and he seems to have a cool head.
    he looks very cool. he doesn't ever look behind the pace or struggled and he never seems phased. putting out a match winning pass for his winger just looks like shelling peas to him
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Replica Shirt

Credit to Brown, and to the team for a committed and thoughtful performance. Good varied kicking game, good chase and excellent defence.

Standout performance from Roby, great backup from Lance and Turner and even glimpses of an obviously fitter Wheeler. Noticeable inter change impacts as well.

Not getting carried away though just yet.

Their performance tonight makes it an easy decision for Brown in two weeks time when Walmsley is back, Laffranchi has to be the one that misses out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

what i liked about tonight was that the coaching staff finally saw sense.
    1. flanagan starting the match
    2. the young props given a chance
    3. laffranchi playing minutes mirroring his efforts (minimal)
    4. masoe impact player
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

what i liked about tonight was that the coaching staff finally saw sense.
    1. flanagan starting the match
    2. the young props given a chance
    3. laffranchi playing minutes mirroring his efforts (minimal)
    4. masoe impact player
    Agree.

Got A Season Ticket

I thought Child put in his best performance of the season. Funny that. Seems to vary his approach to refereeing which is not really the quality you would want in a referee.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    Their performance tonight makes it an easy decision for Brown in two weeks time when Walmsley is back, Laffranchi has to be the one that misses out.
    I agree that Walmsley will come back in, but I think Richards could be the one to miss out. Don't get me wrong he did nothing wrong tonight, but I feel Brown will stick with experience. Luke Thompson put in a great non stop 60 minutes tonight and there is no way he can be left out. I also think that he will bring Dawson back in, maybe to left centre. I say that because Swift was very good tonight, and he gave us something down the left edge we have been missing for a few weeks, pace. How many of you said when Swifty scored his try " Dawson wouldn't of got that". As soon as he broke the tackle, you knew he was going over.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post

Not sure. Every chance Laffanchi will stay in because of he's big game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    I thought Child put in his best performance of the season. Funny that. Seems to vary his approach to refereeing which is not really the quality you would want in a referee.
    He wasn't backwards in coming forwards...

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    He wasn't backwards in coming forwards...
    Daryl Powell was slagging him off on the BBC interview.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

The only change I'd make is to bring Walmsley back in for one of Richards or Laffranchi. Not bothered which one, it's enthusiasm vs experience.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Excellent disciplined performance tonight. Great line speed, great defence and a good kicking game. Where did Flanagans kicking game come from? I couldn't believe it when I saw him at 7 when they announced the teams but he put a couple of really good kicks in tonight.

There seemed a lot of passion and fire tonight. The team spirit seemed excellent, big congratulations on defence and lots of passion on scoring tries. It was a simple performance built on good defence and basic rugby. Very impressed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Was the attendance really only 7500? Looked and sounded like more
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

We look a different team with Thompson and Richards.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    We look a different team with Thompson and Richards.
    Yes we did last night and if I was browny I would keep the same team as tonight for the next match. Earlier in the season I was on side of experience over youth and wanted the team to settle and become a team.
    Last night for me was the best example of team work all season, not one man shirked a tackle or run, they stuck to the plan and kept their heads.
    Sorry Alex but your dropped, the young lands was brilliant. I though Manu was very good and showed some of what he did when we signed him.
    Overall I think last night was the right mix of youth, experience, size and talent and would stick with it. I would even go so far as saying if lomax, wilkin, Walsh and co all became available overnight then it would be a dilemma who to drop and part of me feels you should stick with last nights team

he looks very cool. he doesn't ever look behind the pace or struggled and he never seems phased. putting out a match winning pass for his winger just looks like shelling peas to him
    And had the measure if Shenton and along with makinson they both snuffed out the so called cannonball winger!!

Learning All The Songs

Excellent team performance. Thought Turner was strong in attack and defence and showed he is a very good player for us. Good job he doesn't listen to some of the garbage said about him on here. Done a good job especially considering the number of roles he's being asked to undertake - taken him a couple of games to adjust but he seems comfortable now . Quite like him at 13 and has some grunt in his defence. Percival again showed he has all the skills a centre should have - complete natural in his position. Walmsley back in next game should only make us stronger. Hope we push on as we always sem a bit down on intensity coming off the back of a break.

Sent from my Visture-V4 using Tapatalk