Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brown Out

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Top performance ?? The amount of ball we dropped was a disgrace, you don't need halfbacks for that. The effort was top class but trying hard alone doesn't win pots
    Gosh. How profound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Gosh. How profound.

aww poor baby , still upset you don't know a shoulder charge from a tackle

Learning All The Songs

In The South Stand

Did the young lad who scored the try for Huddersfield actually touch it down?.

Starting A Programme Collection

It would seem not but the result has ended the same

Got A Season Ticket Haydock Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badlydrawnsaint View Post
    We have bottled it against teams too many times this not just the last 2 weeks,both hull sides away ,the Catalan game away,2 wire games and the widnes game resting players,all performances that were shocking,the way we turned out in all those games finishing in the top 2 is a good finish ,and to be honest I think we are at best the 4/5 best team in superleague.our defence is poor and we lack direction without Walsh,
    I agree with this. If you look at our points difference column it shows we are a 4/5th placed side.

We have not won enough big games this season. Leeds in the Cup, Wigan at home Good Friday, Warrington home for the shield were all testing barometers for me and we came up very short in all of them. Best performance of the season was Leeds at home, but since that game it's all been downhill. Can't see it changing in the playoffs but as Joynty used to say :

"Don't write off the Saints."

In The South Stand

aww poor baby , still upset you don't know a shoulder charge from a tackle
    Having met Jamie's Boots, she has probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know.

He deserved sending off Walmsley after Joel Moons hit on Percival,but if it wasn't on sky and the big screen wasn't there wonder if would have been put on report instead?

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Only our fans could have a thread about getting rid of the coach when we have finished top.

I'm just glad that most Saints fans don't post on forums and those in the grounds actually back the team and the coach and understand our difficulties.

As for frustration about no half's in the academy. I'm sorry but they were not due to be up to speed at this time. We were supposed to have at least another 5-8 years of, Gaskell, ellis, Wheeler, Lomax, Matty Smith, Eastmond etc.....

We've bled that well dry and it's going to take time to fill up. We've pushed out a lot of quality, but the only one we have kept hold of is Lomax and Wheelers body just does not seem up to it.

Those saying throw any other academy player in, is that from watching the academy and rating him, or just seeing a name with halfback attached to it and no knowledge of the player. I'm asking as it seems those who have watched him, don't think he is the answer.

Banned

No team has a god given right to win. With the talent pool we have these days this is some achievement and Brown is the gaffer.

Yes we have really let ourselves down on occasions, but Wigan lost at Bradford but generally their fans proper ones take it for what it is.

The table doesn't lie we are top and it's on Nathan's CV

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

we have finished top of the table. well done lads. but does that forgive the pathetic performances the lads turned in at the ethiad, catalans and good friday???
    fans have every right to be perplexed by the events of this season. its been the strangest season of rugby ive ever seen as a saints supporter. i cant make my mind up if we are better than what we have produced, or worse.
    i cant work out if brown is a decent coach or not.

i reckon the events of the next few weeks will give us a good indication of where we are.

its been a weird, crazy season.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Only our fans could have a thread about getting rid of the coach when we have finished top.
    The thread was started on 12 September so we hadn't finished top at that point!*

*Not that I agree with the thread being started.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Top or 2nd on points difference it's some pretty hardcore disgruntle's not to be pleased with the season. So the GF is beyond us! It is always going to be a gripe of mine that the champion team is more reliant on luck, injuries to other teams and ref decisions than a team that tops the table.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Top or 2nd on points difference it's some pretty hardcore disgruntle's not to be pleased with the season. So the GF is beyond us! It is always going to be a gripe of mine that the champion team is more reliant on luck, injuries to other teams and ref decisions than a team that tops the table.
    I agree with you 100% and with what JB has said. The mere fact that a thread with such a title was started at all, no matter when the date was, is in itself ridiculous. NB was brought in to do a job, win silverware, and he has succeeded in his 1st full season of using a squad that he has assembled. Yes, the rugby at times has been, at best diluted. However, at the start of this season, when the coach had a full squad to select from, we played some good attractive rugby. Only really when some of the injuries set in, did we begin to play a pretty bland form of rugby, but this was brought upon us by the lack of players in key roles. When you lose the spine of the side, in particular your main playmaker, then it is always going to be tough. I think it is a credit to the squad that has been assembled that we have been able to finish top of the pile.
    Although I can, to a certain degree, understand the argument that it must be a poor SL that has seen us finish first, I much prefer to look at it in a more positive note, in that, for all our injuries to such key players for such long periods of time, we have done exceptionally well, but yes, I feel the GF may well be a step to far.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Having met Jamie's Boots, she has probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know.
    Somehow I doubt that. Feel free to keep kissing her ass though.

Starting A Programme Collection WindsorSaint's Avatar

Keep showing up your lack of knowledge. As a rule rugby players are taught to tackle using the shoulder, that doesn't make it a shoulder charge ... Oh and women do play rugby.

Take a look at this, look at the body position and where the arms are or arnt in some of the challenges

http://youtu.be/C82M30_9ulE
    Some massive hits there and in each and every one of them they get up and play the ball straight away (unless they lost it in the tackle). I can understand them banning the shoulder charge as it can be dangerous if contact with the head is made, but it's taken away a huge part of League defence for me and when executed right is something that lifts the fans and the team to another level. Should be allowed, but like high tackles, any contact with the head has to be penalised and punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorSaint View Post
    Some massive hits there and in each and every one of them they get up and play the ball straight away (unless they lost it in the tackle). I can understand them banning the shoulder charge as it can be dangerous if contact with the head is made, but it's taken away a huge part of League defence for me and when executed right is something that lifts the fans and the team to another level. Should be allowed, but like high tackles, any contact with the head has to be penalised and punished accordingly.
    Exactly - Shoulder charging someone's head has always been against the rules which is why I just laugh when the Wigan TV clowns talk about 'thats why its banned'. A properly executed shouldercharge is an awesome sight no matter who comes off best

Default Brown - IN/OUT - HERE/GONE

Looks like he's defo off to Wests, then...

http://www.totalrl.com/saints-coach-...ours-nrl-move/

Got A Season Ticket Supersaint11's Avatar

Well Potter has gone now. Brown said he wasn't interested in taking another coaches job why they were still there
    Position now vacant
    http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mick-p...-wests-tigers/
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint11 View Post
    Well Potter has gone now. Brown said he wasn't interested in taking another coaches job why they were still there Position now vacant http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/mick-p...-wests-tigers/
    Anthony Griffin most likely candidate
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Wests Tigers coaching statement

Wed 17th September (April 1st, actually, cos this is FAKE), 10:55AMA A

Wests Tigers has made the decision not to renew the contract of Head Coach Mick Potter.
    Wests Tigers Board and management would like to thank Mick Potter for doing what he did at Saints - shag all.
    This has been a pretty easy decision for everyone involved. Clearly there will be many disappointed fans as they'll have to find something new to moan about.
    The Wests Tigers Board and management agree that a fresh approach is needed and the Club will immediately hire Nathan Brown for the role.
    Brownie will be given complete control over the appointment of all key football staff and his playing roster. He'll probably bring Jamal with him, he has done elsewhere.
    The Club plans to have Nathan Brown no later than October 27 but probably sooner going off what the idiot fans on Saints FB page say...
    — Par O'Dee, CEO.

Got A Season Ticket

Did anyone else see on the TV coverage of the Hudds match where Kieron let Brown speak into the walkie talkie.
    Kieron's told him he can do it again tomorrow and he'll switch it on as well.
    Next season he might let him pick the team.

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter 22 View Post
    Did anyone else see on the TV coverage of the Hudds match where Kieron let Brown speak into the walkie talkie.
    Kieron's told him he can do it again tomorrow and he'll switch it on as well.
    Next season he might let him pick the team.
    I thought it was some kind of ventriloquist act just for the telly. Maybe Nath can't hold it erect and talk at the same time.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Haydock Saint View Post
    I agree with this. If you look at our points difference column it shows we are a 4/5th placed side.

We have not won enough big games this season. Leeds in the Cup, Wigan at home Good Friday, Warrington home for the shield were all testing barometers for me and we came up very short in all of them. Best performance of the season was Leeds at home, but since that game it's all been downhill. Can't see it changing in the playoffs but as Joynty used to say :

"Don't write off the Saints."
    It seems that the games we lose you count as big games but I see you fail to mention the game against wigan at the DW were we totally out muscled Wigan after losing Walsh on the half hour mark. Did you not count this as a big game or did you just conveniently forget about it?