Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brown Out

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It was the same as Joel Moon's tackle last week. We can't have it both ways.

This. Clear red card. Anyone know how long the ban will be for?
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fat prop View Post
    Watch 19,s and dave hewitt isnt ready just yet no doubt will be a talent , but not the solution to the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry I know you watch him and I don't but he's 19 not 11, the only way he will be ready to play is by playing.

The fact he is 19 and not played is probably due to the fact Brown says he isnt ready. This would probably be seconded by the u21s coach. Brown hasnt been shy in giving youngsters game time so why would he hold back a player if he thought he was good enough, or are you desperatly clutching at straws???

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The fact he is 19 and not played is probably due to the fact Brown says he isnt ready. This would probably be seconded by the u21s coach. Brown hasnt been shy in giving youngsters game time so why would he hold back a player if he thought he was good enough, or are you desperatly clutching at straws???
    Desparately clutching at straws?

What a stupid thing to say, he has been clutching at straws playing anyone he can at halfback instead of someone who has played in that position in the junior teams.

Did you notice the 19 year old playing last night for Huddersfield? What position was he playing?

Was Paul Anderson clutching at straws or was he coaching his team as you would want if you were a fan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    He looks physically ok to me so why does he need 12 months? He's 19 isn't he? We're only going to know whether he is ready for Superleague by playing him in Superleague. Leeds have played a 19 year old in the halves, Hudds did tonight, I think Wigan have done so this season too. We only play young players when there are injuries instead of having a planned drip feed into the first team.
    More utter drivel. Only play young players when there are injuries ? I must have missed all these injuries to see Percival, Swift, Richards, Walker, Greenwood, Savelio, Thompson etc given their opportunities by Brown.

It's okay to not rate Brown, he's given enough reason this year but let's not fabricate nonsense to suit your own pathetic agenda.

There's an account that's been made up exposing the ridiculousness of Saints fans from Facebook on Twitter. I've read a couple that I'm sure are you already. You're famous !

Got A Season Ticket

We have bottled it against teams too many times this not just the last 2 weeks,both hull sides away ,the Catalan game away,2 wire games and the widnes game resting players,all performances that were shocking,the way we turned out in all those games finishing in the top 2 is a good finish ,and to be honest I think we are at best the 4/5 best team in superleague.our defence is poor and we lack direction without Walsh,

Noooobie

Get real. It was a shoulder charge to the head. Walmsley is massive. All that momentum to the head of a smaller player with his back turned could be extremely dangerous.
    Well you tell me the difference between what walmsley did and mcclorium did the night before Robinson walked off while laithwaite went off on a stretcher nothing wrong with walmsley tackle

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintuntilidie80 View Post
    Well you tell me the difference between what walmsley did and mcclorium did the night before Robinson walked off while laithwaite went off on a stretcher nothing wrong with walmsley tackle
    I'm not interested in that thug McIlorum. He's been getting away with crap for a long time. I'm interested in why one of our players decided it was a good course of action to shoulder charge an opposition player to the head knowing full well we were up against it anyway given our injury problems. I'm not going to excuse the foul play from one of our players just because a thug wearing cherry and white indulges in it in another match.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintuntilidie80 View Post
    Given the trigger happy refereeing this last few weeks, it was a stupid decision from one of our players to put himself in the position where he could get sent off. Especially since we were dominating the game at the time.

Walmsley made the choice to hit Robinson late and high. He knew that there was a risk of being sent off and he still did it.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Starting A Programme Collection

Alex had a rush to the head and exploded plain and simple. The penalty given to hudds at his play the ball obviously got to him, next play and he did that, refs fault 😉

In The South Stand

I think the Hewitt debate highlights the huge gap between 19's and Super League rugby and how there really should be something in the middle of the two. Even dual registration, which has been a disaster in the Championship this year, would be too much of a jump from the 19's IMO.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Browns body language baffles me. He manages to look pretty disinterested his hands in pockets stance even when delivering team talks and interviews rightly or wrongly portrays a slovenly attitude.

Got A Replica Shirt

I'm sorry I know you watch him and I don't but he's 19 not 11, the only way he will be ready to play is by playing.
    My point being its a big step up from playing at your own age group for 5years or so to suddenly playing open age , no slur on dave a nice lad and great player , imo just needs nurturing a bit more , probably why a under 21s is need to give the players a little more experience

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I think the Hewitt debate highlights the huge gap between 19's and Super League rugby and how there really should be something in the middle of the two. Even dual registration, which has been a disaster in the Championship this year, would be too much of a jump from the 19's IMO.
    Totally agree

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post

And this is a problem which saints seen and knew would happen but the other clubs out voted them

Get real. It was a shoulder charge to the head. Walmsley is massive. All that momentum to the head of a smaller player with his back turned could be extremely dangerous.
    Do you even know what a shoulder charge is? Ever done one or been on the receiving end of one ??? I doubt it. It was a tackle attempt ( you can tell that by looking at his arms) from a very big man attempting to get down low on a very small man who was also lower due to bended knee's. His shoulder made contact with the head so the rules state he has to go. He was doing what all forwards are taught to do by putting pressure on halfbacks and he got it a bit wrong although I'm not sure he could have got much lower and the games played at such speed that once your committed it's hard to stop

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Do you even know what a shoulder charge is? Ever done one or been on the receiving end of one ???
    Well, you've just dismissed the vast majority of the male and female population involved with rugby league by that question, as referees, as supporters, as volunteers ...

Daft question. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Browns body language baffles me. He manages to look pretty disinterested his hands in pockets stance even when delivering team talks and interviews rightly or wrongly portrays a slovenly attitude.
    It's probably just the way he is but I agree it looks a bit poor and at times when I've watched us all some of the players are missing is pockets in their shorts this year to look just like him.

Default Brown Out

Well, you've just dismissed the vast majority of the male and female population involved with rugby league by that question, as referees, as supporters, as volunteers ...

Daft question. Try again.
    No it's just your normal know nothing opinion you offer about things that you clearly don't understand. It was not a shoulder charge.

In case your having trouble that was the first sentence with a question mark at the end of it. You might be right though on ruling lots of people out , especially if we have more fans with your level of Rugby knowledge.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    No it's just your normal know nothing opinion you offer about things that you clearly don't understand. It was not a shoulder charge.
    Oh well. At least my 'know nothing' opinion ties in with most of the rugby league viewing public whose opinion I have seen or heard expressed.

I assume Walmsley doesn't have shoulders between his torso and his arms then? (Arms that amazingly didn't give Robinson a hug at the time of the hit to the head) Ok. Whatever. I really don't care.

Desparately clutching at straws?

What a stupid thing to say, he has been clutching at straws playing anyone he can at halfback instead of someone who has played in that position in the junior teams.

Did you notice the 19 year old playing last night for Huddersfield? What position was he playing?

Was Paul Anderson clutching at straws or was he coaching his team as you would want if you were a fan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If your good enough you are old enough, I can only assume he isn't good enough?

It is massively frustrating though. A club like ours with the youth set up we have should have good enough reserve halves. I don't disagree that games against Bradford and London etc he should have been considered but the coaches know better than I do.

Default Brown Out

Oh well. At least my 'know nothing' opinion ties in with most of the rugby league viewing public whose opinion I have seen or heard expressed.

I assume Walmsley doesn't have shoulders between his torso and his arms then? (Arms that amazingly didn't give Robinson a hug at the time of the hit to the head) Ok. Whatever. I really don't care.
    Keep showing up your lack of knowledge. As a rule rugby players are taught to tackle using the shoulder, that doesn't make it a shoulder charge ... Oh and women do play rugby.

Take a look at this, look at the body position and where the arms are or arnt in some of the challenges

http://youtu.be/C82M30_9ulE

Got A Replica Shirt

Even allowing for the sending off we could still have nicked the point we needed,but why we decided to move the ball out wide when we were under the posts
    near the end shows that we dont have any one with a brain on the field.
    As for Browns decision not to play our young half backs,is a poor choice from a overated coach,and his lethargic body language,at times spills on to the pitch with
    the players unfortunatley.
    Top performance last night though no half backs ultimatley will cost us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by werealldoomed View Post
    Top performance last night though no half backs ultimatley will cost us this year.
    Top performance ?? The amount of ball we dropped was a disgrace, you don't need halfbacks for that. The effort was top class but trying hard alone doesn't win pots

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Totally agree. He has either totally mastered the art of hiding emotions or doesn't give a shit. If he has become a master of his emotions, might I suggest to him a more lucrative career path playing poker.