Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown Out

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by mister chuffy View Post
    Hang on a minute, we had Walsh, Wilkin, Mc Donnell, Lomax all missing. Put those in the side and we would have won that game comfortably even with shudds with a full squad.

We were great tonight, the effort was immense and losing walmsley with a dumb charge galvanised a side up against it. Yes we made errors and Silverwood made some dire calls. Well played I say we have been under the pump pretty much all season with various injuries, good effort from the lads.
    Pity they didn't make the same effort last week. Or indeed on any of the occasions when they lay down and had their tummies tickled to the tune of 40 points. They worked hard when it was too late.

In The South Stand

People want brown out when we don't show any effort, the players put in an enormous stint and the same clamour for him to leave surfaces.

We were sailing until Walmsley got himself sent off, and the effort afterwards was magnificent.

Brown said after the game we won't bow out of the play offs without a fight and I believe him.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Already said it, Hewitt and charnock aren't ready

Our halves tonight where Wheeler and hohaia
    Wheeler's not good enough and lance has proved time after time he's not a half get a grip Mac and sign two quality half backs it's not rocket science I can't get my head round how one of the so called giants of SL have not had a decent half for 3 fooooooookin years no point havin a Ferrari with out a steering wheel

In The South Stand

Al this "they're not ready" guff is really irritating me now. Are we saying they'd have less of an impact on the game than wheeler in his recent outings? Frankly, that's impossible.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Wheeler's not good enough and lance has proved time after time he's not a half get a grip Mac and sign two quality half backs it's not rocket science I can't get my head round how one of the so called giants of SL have not had a decent half for 3 fooooooookin years no point havin a Ferrari with out a steering wheel
    Burns and Walsh will be first choice halfbacks next year, with Hohaia and Hewitt second choice.

Starting A Programme Collection

Who would you sign who is available? We have Walsh who is injured and burns on the way for next year. Then players within the current a sqaud who can stand in . What more do you me amt?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Pity they didn't make the same effort last week. Or indeed on any of the occasions when they lay down and had their tummies tickled to the tune of 40 points. They worked hard when it was too late.
    As I have already said, we have been killed with injury all season. Somehow managed to be top of the league. Hopefully be there this time tomorrow.
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Burns and Walsh will be first choice halfbacks next year, with Hohaia and Hewitt second choice.
    Finally some sense!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Al this "they're not ready" guff is really irritating me now. Are we saying they'd have less of an impact on the game than wheeler in his recent outings? Frankly, that's impossible.
    It's more the impact it might have on the lads confidence. I'm done with Wheeler and if we could I'd play without him for the rest of the year, he's done nothing for at least 6 months. Technically, I'd say Hewitt is better already. BUT I wouldn't risk destroying the lad for the sake of 2 games this year. Put him in in a positive note, and he'll be better for it.

In The South Stand

Technically, I'd say Hewitt is better already. BUT I wouldn't risk destroying the lad for the sake of 2 games this year. Put him in in a positive note, and he'll be better for it.
    Some have been calling for the likes of Hewitt to play for months, not just the last two games. He should have been playing in games against London, Bradford etc. Anyone who says playing in a a game like that would "destroy" him is talking nonsense.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Walmsley tackle. The comments from the Sky that you have to give added protection and use a different tackling style on smaller players is laughable.Why not play tick rugby instead.
    It was the same as Joel Moon's tackle last week. We can't have it both ways.

In The West Stand

Some have been calling for the likes of Hewitt to play for months, not just the last two games. He should have been playing in games against London, Bradford etc. Anyone who says playing in a a game like that would "destroy" him is talking nonsense.
    Well yes, I'd of played him vs London/ Bradford. But the powers that be decided he's not going to play this year. It might not destroy him, but SL is littered with players who were thrown in too early, and it can take them years and years to get over it to the potential they once showed. Kevin Brown has only just got there 10 years later!

Got A Season Ticket

Burns will be our first choice 6 but walsh won't play till at least mid season so who will play 7 till then please don't say wilkin !!!! we need to buy end ov

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Good post .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Good post .
    Dave H needs 12 months

In The South Stand

Dave H needs 12 months
    So that takes us into 2017 before we bother giving him some minutes against the easy beats? Brilliant.

In The West Stand

Burns will be our first choice 6 but walsh won't play till at least mid season so who will play 7 till then please don't say wilkin !!!! we need to buy end ov
    So you'll be putting your hand in your pocket for 50-150k then?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

So that takes us into 2017 before we bother giving him some minutes against the easy beats? Brilliant.
    Forgive my ignorance but how old is he? Huddersfield played a 19 year old at half back today, is it just other coaches have faith in youngsters?

Got A Season Ticket

So you'll be putting your hand in your pocket for 50-150k then?
    I only comment on what I see or should I cover my eyes ,that's how we've become what we are now if your happy with that just renew your season ticket bbaaaaarrr

In The South Stand

Dave H needs 12 months
    He looks physically ok to me so why does he need 12 months? He's 19 isn't he? We're only going to know whether he is ready for Superleague by playing him in Superleague. Leeds have played a 19 year old in the halves, Hudds did tonight, I think Wigan have done so this season too. We only play young players when there are injuries instead of having a planned drip feed into the first team.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but how old is he? Huddersfield played a 19 year old at half back today, is it just other coaches have faith in youngsters?
    Certainly when it comes to the halves yes. The halves will require a lot of attention from the coach and support from the team.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    He looks physically ok to me so why does he need 12 months? He's 19 isn't he? We're only going to know whether he is ready for Superleague by playing him in Superleague. Leeds have played a 19 year old in the halves, Hudds did tonight, I think Wigan have done so this season too. We only play young players when there are injuries instead of having a planned drip feed into the first team.
    Fair comment tbh think I need to take my NB goggles off Lol

Learning All The Songs

Well yes, I'd of played him vs London/ Bradford. But the powers that be decided he's not going to play this year. It might not destroy him, but SL is littered with players who were thrown in too early, and it can take them years and years to get over it to the potential they once showed. Kevin Brown has only just got there 10 years later!
    Utter rubbish, Kevin Brown was fulfilling his potential whilst at Huddersfield years ago.

Got A Season Ticket

Fair comment tbh think I need to take my NB goggles off Lol
    Charnock should have been given a shot way before now Dawson should have shared some of them pics he's got of brown lol

Got A Replica Shirt

Watch 19,s and dave hewitt isnt ready just yet no doubt will be a talent , but not the solution to the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk