Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Brown Out

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I don't know the position but if Saints haven't offered a new contract or an extension he is perfectly entitled to talk to future employers as well as Saints.

Can I assume that all you Brown Out boys want him to stay now?
    Exactly. Another example of be careful what you wish for. Am sure Saints will want him to stay though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This thread would make me want to leave too. Hope he sees it for what it is and stays despite it. Peace and love everyone.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigphilla View Post
    No I still hope he goes. I don't like the way he gets his favourites in the team over promising youngsters. I can't take another season of Wellens on the bench every week and Dawson played over Swift. Its been so frustrating to be crying out for halves and have two youngsters who he won't give a chance to. Most other coaches would have thrown them in, Charnock should have been getting the odd game here and there against the likes of London and Bradford to get him ready to step in if needed. Dawson should only be used in extreme circumstances against weak teams and Wellens shouldn't have his contract renewed, but if he does then he should be out the 17 and only used to cover Lomax if he needs a break or is injured.
    I too hate it that he always picks his favourites. That damn Percival always getting in the team, and Thompson and Jones. Always getting in the way. Why won't he get some 10 years olds out there and stop holding them back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

we are 80 minutes away from old trafford so im keeping the negative posts to a minimum

but here goes. im not 100% sure who coaches us. some weeks we pick the worst possible combination of players, cant be bothered tackling and can't string 2 passes together over 80 minutes.
    then other weeks (like last friday) we pick a good 17, reward the youngsters with a jersey, shift the deadwood like laffranchi to the bench, get our tactics right, tackle well and look half decent with the ball in hand. its a headscratcher.

every monday morning do brown and cunningham flip a coin to see whose turn it is coaching the lads that week?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Replica Shirt

Default West Tigers have appointed.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    I hope that doesn't mess with the heads of our team.

I'm saying nothing more.
    Wests have appointed Jason Taylor as their new coach. Brown staying (for now).
    From St. Helens to St. Helier but ALWAYS a Saint!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySaint View Post
    Wests have appointed Jason Taylor as their new coach. Brown staying (for now).
    I heard on Friday that Brown was down to the last two.

Got A Season Ticket

I like all these Brown lovers now we have won one playoff game,I hope I'm proved wrong this season and we win the Grand Final,but even if we did win it I would still look at replacing him with someone that can put fight ,spirit and a bit of skill into the team on a week to week basis,The fact that we have a big squad has helped us through this season in my opinion,It's only my opinion so it's up there to be shot at.I think this had been the worst top flight rugby season I have ever seen in over 30years of watching the game.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    we are 80 minutes away from old trafford so im keeping the negative posts to a minimum

but here goes. im not 100% sure who coaches us. some weeks we pick the worst possible combination of players, cant be bothered tackling and can't string 2 passes together over 80 minutes.
    then other weeks (like last friday) we pick a good 17, reward the youngsters with a jersey, shift the deadwood like laffranchi to the bench, get our tactics right, tackle well and look half decent with the ball in hand. its a headscratcher.

every monday morning do brown and cunningham flip a coin to see whose turn it is coaching the lads that week?
    I agree ,we seem to show more fight with a scratch side sometimes.

We are 80 mins from the grand final- last year the ape was hailed as a genius by all pie eaters for 'throwing' several games- maybe Nathan has done similar, but in a much cleverer way - spacing out the embarrassing losses enough to make it appear random whilst keeping just enough points in the bag to get us there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    We are 80 mins from the grand final- last year the ape was hailed as a genius by all pie eaters for 'throwing' several games- maybe Nathan has done similar, but in a much cleverer way - spacing out the embarrassing losses enough to make it appear random whilst keeping just enough points in the bag to get us there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he had the players throw them shockers 3/4 of our team should be up for oscars because they convinced me. I also wish he'd not decided to throw the cup game against Leeds ;-)

In The South Stand

In the light of what has happened ie top of the league / grand finalists " is it not time to do away with this thread"?.

Couldn't agree more, it's horrific.

The facts are, despite all achievements to date, some people still say he is useless and that we only won the league because Castleford lost it. To erase those people and pretend they didn't exist, is the wrong thing to do.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    The facts are, despite all achievements to date, some people still say he is useless and that we only won the league because Castleford lost it. To erase those people and pretend they didn't exist, is the wrong thing to do.
    He is far from useless, as you rightly say. He came in to a job, which was to win silverware, job done on that count. How people can say we only won because the 4th placed side lost still baffles me. We are in a very healthy position player wise, and a lot of that is down to Brown. However, as I have said on another thread, it's the way he is leaving that is leaving a bad taste. He still has a CV that reads he has won the LLS, got a side to Wembley and a GF, that's far from useless.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    And that once brown left Huddersfield achieved so much by getting murdered in the playoffs two years on the bounce

Got A Replica Shirt

Bump

CHAMPIONS!!!!