First post so go easy on me!
Wondering what peoples thoughts are about the current standings in the league table, who deserves to be top of the league and with a new league format for next season if a change of points system would be beneficial? With one game to go would the following be a more appropriate league table?

Warrington (101)
St Helens (100)
Castleford (100)
Leeds (99)
Wigan (99)
Huddersfield (97)
Widnes (82)
Catalan (79)
Hull (75)
Hull KR (71)
Wakefield (70)
Salford (63)
Bradford (41)
London (15)

Personally I like the idea that points are awarded as they currently are but also for each half meaning there is a maximum of 6 points up for grabs in any one match. The above standings have been worked out on this basis (hopefully I haven’t made a mistake somewhere along the line). It would encourage teams who have a blowout first half in a match to be competitive in the second half as there would still be 2 points to play for, at least. It would also mean that with one game left in the regular season any of the top 6 could still mathematically finish top of the table going into the play offs! Perhaps this system would keep a ‘first past the post system’ competitive for more teams for the full season meaning a fantastic final round of matches and less need for a playoff to decide the champions……